DVDVR Message Board

The "Sasha Banks is losing her smile" thread

35 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Control the flow of information. Prevent leaks. Talent doesn't need to know everything to do their job. They might not have decided who was moving. Etc.

Lots of non-crazy explanations. 

LOL this isn't Avengers: Endgame.  Who gives a fuck if it gets out that midcard guy #23 and midcard guy #72 will be trading wins on a different show in a month?  Not telling someone about a change in work and travel schedules until the last second is unprofessional as fuck.

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

Not telling someone about a change in work and travel schedules until the last second is unprofessional as fuck.

Or: Every day in Corporate America.

• Like 1

If they wanted to completely kayfabe everything, they should just book everyone for both shows and then, especially since it’s also Easter weekend, take off a couple days and “start their new season” on Monday. 

5 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

If they wanted to completely kayfabe everything, they should just book everyone for both shows and then, especially since it’s also Easter weekend, take off a couple days and “start their new season” on Monday. 

Only "problem" with that is that they just took an entire week off post Mania (except for the skeleton crew who worked TV)

It's always been either a week or two after WrestleMania. You can find instances of drafts/shakeups happening in May/June/July, but it's never been the night after WrestleMania or anything.

Yeah - I am pretty sure the logic is that they get a ratings bump on the first shows due to it being post-Mania. Then they can promote the shakeup and get a 2nd ratings bump for the shakeup shows.

Mark's idea would work better when they were doing the random Fall draft/shakeups but those appear to have gone the way of the Dodo

• Like 1

Side tangent - I almost feel like they have to do a second post-Summerslam shakeup as there is no way these are the rosters for when the TV Network split happens

Vince (and TV execs) will clearly change their minds a half a dozen times between now and then

• Like 2

Can you imagine being a wrestler during the draft? They probably just tack a big list of whoever's getting moved to the locker room door ten minutes to air time on both shows and let everyone scramble to read it. After they finish throwing the darts that make up the list, of course.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Side tangent - I almost feel like they have to do a second post-Summerslam shakeup as there is no way these are the rosters for when the TV Network split happens

Vince (and TV execs) will clearly change their minds a half a dozen times between now and then

I actually laughed out loud when Cole said the shake up only happened one time a year.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, JonnyLaw said:

I actually laughed out loud when Cole said the shake up only happened one time a year.

Did you know Survivor Series is the only time of year Raw and Smackdown Live go head to head? I heard that once or twice.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Did you know Survivor Series is the only time of year Raw and Smackdown Live go head to head? I heard that once or twice.

On that same show I heard the 25th Edition is the 25th Anniversary as well. 

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

With WWE failing to mention the Royal Rumble matches. Liars!

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, MarcosLoura said:

Damn some people are really into "jobs are supposed to suck my dude" mentality.

I don't feel like jobs are supposed to suck but I do feel like people who work for WWE should understand exactly what it entails regarding booking.  Working for WWE and getting mad about your spot on the card constantly changing at the whims of a deranged old man is like being a sanitation engineer and getting mad because you smell like shit by the end of the day.

Things that make me angry about WWE's treatment of its employees: the independent contractor bullshit and all the awful treatment that goes along with it, kayfabing the talent about where they're working in the immediate future

Thing that shouldn't matter because this shitty company is booked by a lunatic: the mercurial nature of your position on the card

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Technico Support said:

I don't feel like jobs are supposed to suck but I do feel like people who work for WWE should understand exactly what it entails regarding booking.  Working for WWE and getting mad about your spot on the card constantly changing at the whims of a deranged old man is like being a sanitation engineer and getting mad because you smell like shit by the end of the day.

Things that make me angry about WWE's treatment of its employees: the independent contractor bullshit and all the awful treatment that goes along with it, kayfabing the talent about where they're working in the immediate future

Thing that shouldn't matter because this shitty company is booked by a lunatic: the mercurial nature of your position on the card

I agree to a point. With few exceptions like Luger, wrestlers become wrestlers because they’re obsessed with wrestling. And as many have said, if you’re goal isn’t to be world champ maybe you should reconsider what you’re doing. To have that kind of drive and to taste that success while your two buddies (Charlotte and Becky) are actually achieving it must be incredibly frustrating, even if you’re fully aware of how Vince works. You’re chances aren’t even a crapshoot because those are at least random and VKM’s thought process is an algorithm no scientist will ever solve.  I’m not saying they should care about their position on the card above, say, their status as contractors but they do because it’s something they can at least affect a little bit through hard work. If that hard work adds up to having the rug pulled out from under you, then yeah, what’s the point?