DVDVR Message Board

The "Sasha Banks is losing her smile" thread

25 minutes ago, Craig H said:

It could also just be Vince being Vince. This is the same guy that let Seth start using the curb stomp again all because Seth was lucky enough to catch Vince in a good mood when he suggested it. Vince loves breaking people down to see if they can withstand it and I'm sure Vince thinks he's ultimately made that person better, but that's only if Vince doesn't lose interest along the way, at which point it just turns into someone getting buried.

Reminds me of one awful manager at my company.  I don't know anyone who likes her and so many people who have worked under her ended up changing departments.  A few weeks ago, someone told me that she frames subordinates leaving as "I transform these people into great employees who springboard into better things at the company."  It's fucking tremendous the shit people tell themselves to stay the good guy in their particular story.

On the Sasha front, I just can't fathom how anyone who works for WWE doesn't know the score and understand exactly how this company works.  Unless you're one of the top 2-3 people in the company, you're always going to be "underutilized" and subject to pushes and depushes, title wins and losses, on a whim.   They might put you in a marquee match one month and two months later, you're rotated down the card and not even on the show.  This is just WWE's MO.  If you're not a top guy, you're a role player.  Titles don't mean shit, either.  Vince doesn't give a fuck who the Women's Tag Champs are.

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 1

One month after winning KotR and cutting the 3:16 promo, Steve Austin wrestled Yokozuna on the Summerslam pre-show. And lost.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Technico Support said:

Reminds me of one awful manager at my company.  I don't know anyone who likes her and so many people who have worked under her ended up changing departments.  A few weeks ago, someone told me that she frames subordinates leaving as "I transform these people into great employees who springboard into better things at the company."  It's fucking tremendous the shit people tell themselves to stay the good guy in their particular story.

On the Sasha front, I just can't fathom how anyone who works for WWE doesn't know the score and understand exactly how this company works.  Unless you're one of the top 2-3 people in the company, you're always going to be "underutilized" and subject to pushes and depushes, title wins and losses, on a whim.   They might put you in a marquee match one month and two months later, you're rotated down the card and not even on the show.  This is just WWE's MO.  If you're not a top guy, you're a role player.  Titles don't mean shit, either.  Vince doesn't give a fuck who the Women's Tag Champs are.

Wait, who are the top 2-3 people?  Because Roman and Braun get weird depushes all the time where they aren't in feuds or winning titles when they should be.  Brock isn't on the show enough to be the top guy.  Charlotte, who everyone bitched about for a year for the sins of being pushed and being blond, has won one match since the Becky turn that wasn't.  Who ARE these people?

Just now, Goodear said:

Wait, who are the top 2-3 people?  Because Roman and Braun get weird depushes all the time where they aren't in feuds or winning titles when they should be.  Brock isn't on the show enough to be the top guy.  Charlotte, who everyone bitched about for a year for the sins of being pushed and being blond, has won one match since the Becky turn that wasn't.  Who ARE these people?

DON'T QUESTION THE NARRATIVE!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Here's the reality of the situation as I see it.  There's a ton of talented people in WWE and they cannot push all of them at once.  It is my contention that some people should be the top guys in the place and they need to be the most protected.  As much as everyone got on the Kofi Kingston bandwagon, not every midcarder should be elevated to the top of the company at some point or it isn't special anymore.  Not everyone should have multiple title reigns and not everyone who does not has not wasted their career.  I have much fonder memories of guys who never won titles in the 80s then guys like Dolph or Johnny Lastname who held belt after belt after belt.  The world needs Bushwackers and part of the reason you have acts like them is so your midcard isn't a boring "my turn for a push" slush.  Could WWE being doing more with INSERT NAME HERE (INH)?  Sure.  But your INH and my INH and Vince's INH are different and they all can't be the focus all the time.

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, supremebve said:

This seems like something Vince would respect as a power move.  

Depends.  Like if something came out that should be against the Geneva Conventions, and his eyes started burning and shit, it'd be de-push city.

Just now, Tromatagon said:

Depends.  Like if something came out that should be against the Geneva Conventions, and his eyes started burning and shit, it'd be de-push city.

Vince is whimsical.  Catch him on the right day and it might lead to the entire company being built around her.

5 minutes ago, Goodear said:

Here's the reality of the situation as I see it.  There's a ton of talented people in WWE and they cannot push all of them at once.  It is my contention that some people should be the top guys in the place and they need to be the most protected.  As much as everyone got on the Kofi Kingston bandwagon, not every midcarder should be elevated to the top of the company at some point or it isn't special anymore.  Not everyone should have multiple title reigns and not everyone who does not has not wasted their career.  I have much fonder memories of guys who never won titles in the 80s then guys like Dolph or Johnny Lastname who held belt after belt after belt.  The world needs Bushwackers and part of the reason you have acts like them is so your midcard isn't a boring "my turn for a push" slush.  Could WWE being doing more with INSERT NAME HERE (INH)?  Sure.  But your INH and my INH and Vince's INH are different and they all can't be the focus all the time.

My issue with their booking isn't that they don't make everyone a main eventer, it is that no one other than the main eventers matter enough to be given something to do.  I watched more Raw this week than any time in the last few years and really liked the Andrade vs. Balor match.  That would be a really fun feud and it would give both of them something to do that the fans would be interested in, but the very next day Balor moves to Smackdown.  Why not make that title the next step up from 205 live so Smackdown could have Andrade, Balor, Murphy, Ali, working with guys they can have great matches with and all have a singular goal?  They aren't going to do that....they're going to figure out a way for all of them to get lost in the shuffle while they have Shane McMahon beat up Roman Reigns' childhood neighbor for a quarter of every show.  They have a lot of talent and could have good television if they utilized them in a logical way...but they don't.  

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Tromatagon said:

I dunno if Vince was ever in the mood for farts Francine would have been hired and megapushed.

Three people will get this reference

Francine was hired for WWECW, but I'm not one of the three that get the reference.

I do remember a story from the sleeze thread involving Raven, Francine, and motel room phones.

2 hours ago, AxB said:

One month after winning KotR and cutting the 3:16 promo, Steve Austin wrestled Yokozuna on the Summerslam pre-show. And lost.

Actually, Austin won that match (I was there), but your point is well taken

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

I remember Francine talking about being given a Dutch oven on some doc... Forever Hardcore outtakes maybe?

It was in response to a LEGENDARY RSPW thread where someone claimed Francine farted while working an ECW show.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!search/francine$20farted/rec.sport.pro-wrestling/5Ex9Z88vD40/LV5jcR8NW4sJ  It doesnt have all of it though.  Apparently Francine got really mad about it and left RSPW.

In Forever Hardcore, you can't see her be asked the question but she's suddenly talking about not knowing how something got started and hating farts.  I think it's in the end credits.

Edited by Tromatagon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

This is the blurb from the new WON which is basically what Dave said on the radio in print form but I am gonna post it anyway

Regarding Banks, it should be noted that the decision to put the women’s tag titles on The Iiconics was not a last minute decision and many people knew about it in the company. However, Banks & Bayley weren’t told until the day of the show. They were also told at the time that the company was going to drop them as a tag team. I don’t know if they were told about being put on different brands, because WWE keeps that stuff secret from the talent (there may be exceptions for bigger names, but for the most part nobody knows) but they were aware they weren’t going to team up any longer. So it was the combination of not getting the title run they expected to establish the belts as meaningful and not joke belts, and splitting up their team so quickly that got both of them upset. Bayley was upset but didn’t quit or anything. Banks was given a few weeks off when she tried to quit with the idea of them sorting things out and time off would lead her to wanting to come back. Despite rumors to the contrary, she was never booked for television this week, at least since WrestleMania. They are hopeful she’ll be back over the next few weeks and she is tentatively booked for the 5/19 Money in the Bank show in Hartford, but nothing is concrete as far as her status. If she returns, she’s scheduled for Raw, because the reason for the split-up is that Bayley was always scheduled to move to Smackdown, a decision that has been the plan for some time even though kept secret until probably whenever they told Bayley she had to stay the extra day in Montreal this week

Also, assuming she stays, I'm calling Sasha winning the MitB match, and kabonging Becky (heel) or Lacey (face) later in the evening as their "apology."  

This will of course lead to so, so many of you being banned.  ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, MarcosLoura said:

lol but why though?!

Control the flow of information. Prevent leaks. Talent doesn't need to know everything to do their job. They might not have decided who was moving. Etc.

Lots of non-crazy explanations. 

Edited by West Newbury Bad Boy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Control the flow of information. Prevent leaks. Talent doesn't need to know everything to do their job. They might not have decided who was moving. Etc.

But, But, everything they do has a sinister underlying purpose!  That's what I've been led to believe!

WWE sent out "sources" to try to paint these two as unprofessional but Dave comes through and confirms as most of us knew, this was just the latest in the ongoing fuck circus that is Vince McMahon and creative. They never keep a promise, ever. They are EXTREMELY unprofessional and Vince himself is senile and out of his fucking mind. Some of the posters here owe Banks an apology ?

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

LOL this isn't Avengers: Endgame.  Who gives a fuck if it gets out that midcard guy #23 and midcard guy #72 will be trading wins on a different show in a month?  Not telling someone about a change in work and travel schedules until the last second is unprofessional as fuck.

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 5