DVDVR Message Board

The "Sasha Banks is losing her smile" thread

2 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Any notion of whether Becky is on Raw or SD? I’d venture to say the thin Raw division gives them incentive to feature Sasha more to her liking... but then she’d need to learn to treat certain coworkers with some respect. So who even knows.

What a fine mess.

part of me wants to read Asuka being put in a tag team as a passive-aggressive "see, a spot was going to open up for you, things were going to get better if you hung around like you said, too bad you QUIT, QUITTER" message to a quitting Sasha.  Not that the opening would necessarily be here had she stuck around nor will it necessarily be there if/when she returns.

I'm guessing Becky will eventually lose one of her belts (hopefully not TOO soon) and then be effectively drafted to whichever show's championship she keeps.

3 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Do they know about Becky or are they guessing? 

She is both - and she is defending each title separately

Like they made sure to say she was defending just the RAW title against Lacey

• Thanks 3

A lot of people must have put me on ignore last week (or sometime this year) ? but I predicted that because they made it clear Becky would only be defending the RAW title against the winner of Lacey Evans vs. Natalya,  that said to me that Lacey is getting the rocket strapped to her and Becky one belt will be on SDL.  

On 4/15/2019 at 10:15 AM, JonnyLaw said:

I’m just impressed Sting apparently gained some degree of self-awareness. “I’m Sting, he’s Hogan... yeah, I’m definitely getting screwed.”

It’s almost like a shoot version of Flair turning on Sting at Halloween Havoc. “I know you’re going to turn on me, but I’ll trust you anyways, but so help me if you turn on m... and you’re already doing it.”

The Sting DVD documentary finally set this straight. Eric did mention that Sting showed up kinda meh, but went on to explain that it was because the minute he walked in the room he could tell Hogan was being Hogan. 

Then a little while after that Nick Patrick admitted, on JR’s podcast I think, that the count was executed as booked. He didn’t botch it, it wasn’t a screwjob, etc. It was a desperate attempt to keep Hogan happy without neutering Sting. Only 1 of those results went as planned as we all know.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, BloodyChamp said:

The Sting DVD documentary finally set this straight. Eric did mention that Sting showed up kinda meh, but went on to explain that it was because the minute he walked in the room he could tell Hogan was being Hogan. 

Then a little while after that Nick Patrick admitted, on JR’s podcast I think, that the count was executed as booked. He didn’t botch it, it wasn’t a screwjob, etc. It was a desperate attempt to keep Hogan happy without neutering Sting. Only 1 of those results went as planned as we all know.

Fuck Hulk Hogan.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

She is both - and she is defending each title separately

Like they made sure to say she was defending just the RAW title against Lacey

Interesting that it's separate defenses unlike Jericho Two Belts etc.

Okay - actual news (this is all from the radio show this morning). Some of this is not "new" news

- Sasha and Bayley were told they were splitting up at the same time they were told they were losing the titles. (It was unclear if Bayley already knew she was moving to SDL or just that they breaking up the team)

- Sasha has been given a couple of weeks to decide what she wants to do. As of now - she is booked for the PPV (one would assume that they had her as being in the MITB match)

- She is scheduled to stay on RAW

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

- Sasha and Bayley were told they were splitting up at the same time they were told they were losing the titles. (It was unclear if Bayley already knew she was moving to SDL or just that they breaking up the team)

It's one thing to find out you're losing the titles the day of.  But the double whammy of that plus finding this out just can't have been good for Sasha's ego.  As fragile as it may seem if she found this out all at once then I don't blame her if this is the last straw.  It does explain though why they were a mess not only post-match when they're shown outside but later on.  Not only did she lose the title but also her best friend and I can see how Sasha would struggle with that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Okay - actual news (this is all from the radio show this morning). Some of this is not "new" news

- Sasha has been given a couple of weeks to decide what she wants to do. As of now - she is booked for the PPV (one would assume that they had her as being in the MITB match)

- She is scheduled to stay on RAW

With the depleted RAW women's roster, Sasha Banks might find herself on a loop of matches with Alexa Bliss. That won't set well with her. I'm thinking the Legit Boss won't be back.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The ironic thing is... when Lacey wins the title... Sasha probably was going to be first in line to work her (not saying win - just be in the title picture)

33 minutes ago, The Natural said:

With the depleted RAW women's roster, Sasha Banks might find herself on a loop of matches with Alexa Bliss. That won't set well with her. I'm thinking the Legit Boss won't be back.

The likely cherry on top being she'd ultimately be putting Bliss over for any combination of reasons [Bliss needing a strong restart after returning from injury, better promo than Sasha, Vince & Kevin Dunn's "eye test", Sasha already having copped a 'tude and been "unprofessional", etc.] all of which Sasha would easily be able to infer at this point in her WWE tenure.

"we're taking the belts off you.  We're also moving you to different shows so you not only can't chase the belts but you can't feud with each other either.  Oh, and you'll be working a program with your least favorite co-worker.  You know, the one we already push harder than you because we think she's prettier.  And since you've already copped a 'tude with us over this, you'll be putting her over, too."

Yeah, doesn't sound like much fun for her, and maybe that's the point.

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

I find it difficult to believe Sasha and Bayley were upset about dropping the titles and being split. I saw a photograph where they were smiling later in the night.

I'm assuming the the "laying on the floor" bit is somebody's creative license at the least

47 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

It's one thing to find out you're losing the titles the day of.  But the double whammy of that plus finding this out just can't have been good for Sasha's ego.  As fragile as it may seem if she found this out all at once then I don't blame her if this is the last straw.  It does explain though why they were a mess not only post-match when they're shown outside but later on.  Not only did she lose the title but also her best friend and I can see how Sasha would struggle with that.

Not only that, but why would she have any confidence in anything they say going forward?  They started an entirely new division, made her and her best friend the champions, sent them around to every show saying they'd be defending those titles against every worthy challenger, then gave the belts to a comedy act, broke up her and her best friend and put them on different shows.  At what point do you just completely lose trust that these people have any idea what to do with you and your career?  

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, BobbyWhioux said:

I'm assuming the the "laying on the floor" bit is somebody's creative license at the least

The laying on the floor thing morphed out of a report Pro Wrestling Sheet put out this weekend.

People claimed that someone from the WWE was bragging to them (at a bar) about how they planted a fake story with Satin

Basically wrestling and social media at its worst

(For the record - Satin says he never reported that they were "laying on the floor" and that he stands by his report)

• Like 2

I do wonder if there was a singular event that shifted Vince’s thinking from “these two are getting a long run” to “not only are they losing the titles, but we’re splitting them up.” Seems fishy.

7 minutes ago, just drew said:

I do wonder if there was a singular event that shifted Vince’s thinking from “these two are getting a long run” to “not only are they losing the titles, but we’re splitting them up.” Seems fishy.

Maybe Vince ate a bowl of chili that didn’t agree with him. Who knows. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Maybe Vince ate a bowl of chili that didn’t agree with him. Who knows. 

I did think about what I wrote after I write it and scoffed at the notion of looking for logic in a Vince decision.