DVDVR Message Board

The "Sasha Banks is losing her smile" thread

6 hours ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Technically, she'd be heel in half of the country and face in the other half at best. Try getting that over in Buttfuck, Alabama.

Depends on the fed as well- throw her in AEW, Chikara, or NJPW crowd she'd be a face.  She'd be a heel in most low-rent southern indies.

Edited by alstein

12 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Can anyone blame Sting for feeling that way in Hogan era WCW?

I’m just impressed Sting apparently gained some degree of self-awareness. “I’m Sting, he’s Hogan... yeah, I’m definitely getting screwed.”

It’s almost like a shoot version of Flair turning on Sting at Halloween Havoc. “I know you’re going to turn on me, but I’ll trust you anyways, but so help me if you turn on m... and you’re already doing it.”

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 11:50 PM, supremebve said:

Alicia Fox is right up there with Brutus Beefcake for longest WWF/E runs without a single memorable moment.  

C'mon son, I know Beefcake sucked but I know I marked like crazy when he saved Piper at Mania III...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yeah. see, my issue is I don't have the time or software to cap the pictures requested, and also apparently I'm too stupid as well, needing a helmet to walk and all.  but it's not like the evidence is sitting on the Network or anything.

Even if she wanted to get out of her contract which I don't necessarily believe. Unhappy does not mean she wants out or she wants AEW.  They wouldn't let her out in this climate. They won't even let The Revival out.  Do I think she's going to gain anything from going home for the week,  no.  Creative sucks and will always suck.  They are all on a hamster wheel. 

• Like 2

I hope we finally get a heel turn out of this.  It's been long overdue.  She is a good face in that kids like her but as a character not so much..  she can only truly be The BOSS in her heel persona and she is an A+ heel shit talker and worker when they unleash her.  Stab Bayley in the back TONIGHT. 

Guest Edwin

#evolve?!?!

Clearly a hint she's asking for her release to go work for Gabe in WWN EVOLVE?

Purple and black gear tonight is a confirmation, amirite guys?

Based of that tweet, I can see her turning heel and the WWE letting her cut a Sami Zayn-esque type promo.

9 minutes ago, Edwin said:

cut a Sami Zayn-esque type promo.

The camera didn't show it but Vince had his arm stuck firmly up Sami's rear and was moving his mouth up and down.  "Yeah, we gave you who you wanted to win at Mania but NOW let me tell you how you ain't shit!" ?

• Haha 1

Since Bayley's name came up, if I were someone in the front office at WWE, I'd sit her down and talk to her about going back to nXt for a year. You pay her her main roster contract, maybe even bump her up a bit, to sweeten it, but sell it to her as getting to be the linchpin for the brand again. Rehab her character, have great matches with a variety of women, and I think she lives in Florida, so she'd get to be there more. Also, I gotta imagine she'd be a top merch seller again there pretty fast, so her income potential goes up even more in an income tax free state. Keeps her away from Sasha, and lets the audience miss her. 

As for Sasha, I guess I'm willing to concede at this point I just don't see her as the top level talent some here do. Not the CT guy who insists she invented cable television, but rational people here. She's good, but someone the company should go out of their way to feature? Nah. I guess with Ronda and Nia both out, there's a chance for her (and Bayley) to increase their exposure, but pushing her at the expense of Charlotte, Alexa, and Becky? Absolutely not. And race has nothing to do with it. Their characters play better to bigger audiences. 

3 minutes ago, just drew said:

Since Bayley's name came up, if I were someone in the front office at WWE, I'd sit her down and talk to her about going back to nXt for a year. You pay her her main roster contract, maybe even bump her up a bit, to sweeten it, but sell it to her as getting to be the linchpin for the brand again. Rehab her character, have great matches with a variety of women, and I think she lives in Florida, so she'd get to be there more. Also, I gotta imagine she'd be a top merch seller again there pretty fast, so her income potential goes up even more in an income tax free state. Keeps her away from Sasha, and lets the audience miss her. 

This solves nothing. When Bayley returns, main show booking will still be the shitshow it's been for most of the last decade.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I don't think we can embed tumblr posts or I just don't know how. 

From Sasha's tumblr 

"Thank you to all my fans who always had my back. If you guys only knew too. I appreciate you all"

Given all that's happened I'm surprised her or anybody would still use Tumblr in 2019.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, just drew said:

Honestly, rehabbing Bayley's character wouldn't work for an NXT return. 

If you're bringing Bayley back down to NXT, it'd have to be done similarly to Emma's NXT return of the "we're pulling the trigger on a heel turn, and we think it'll click more if you go back down to NXT as the disillusioned hero who realized their dream was a nightmare and is bitter at the whole process". 

Do people actually think Sasha and Bayley aren't over or need to be repackaged?  The issue with both of them is that they never get a chance to build any momentum before their legs are cut out from under them.  Both of them are good enough, their characters are over enough, and have enough good opponents to get as over as any women on the roster if given the opportunity.  There isn't an act on the entire roster who could succeed the way they've been booked.  

• Like 4

• RIPPA locked this topic

I am gonna gonna close the thread until after we see where everything is headed with the Shakedown (its a pre-preemptive strike to not have things in 5 places at once)

If there is no mention of Sasha the next two days I will re-open it

I think we can all agree that at a minimum we all want to see fresh women's matchups and - in theory - we shall get that.

• Like 1

• RIPPA unlocked this topic

I wouldn't be surprised if I have to close this is less than 24 hours

But while RAW was all mentioning Sasha in passing, I don't think she was mentioned once on SDL (unless we are counting the Cricket commercial)

And she did another one of her emo tweets right after Bayley was introduced on SDL