DVDVR Message Board

The "Sasha Banks is losing her smile" thread

20 hours ago, supremebve said:

Alicia Fox is right up there with Brutus Beefcake for longest WWF/E runs without a single memorable moment.  

I beg to differ, without Alicia Fox we don't have this: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Have you ever been to Buttfuck, Alabama? It's lovely this time of year. 

And never underestimate the kind of angles they'd react to.  They're pretty open, there.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, gatling said:

If you look close enough, you can see a piece of Steve's soul dying. Obviously, his reaction should have been "WHAT?".

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, The Green Meanie said:

Alright, I gotta ask -

What's a "booboo face"?

Picture Flair's red trunks he always seemed to lose in. Now picture it as someone's face.

Seriously, how is this thread even still going?

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Matt D said:

Picture Flair's red trunks he always seemed to lose in. Now picture it as someone's face.

Austin Aries got mentioned. That's good for an extra 4-6 pages, easily.

Sting's tepid performance at Starrcade 97 a case of booboo face?

Bischoff is full of shit, but he claimed Sting came into the building that day with the attitude like he knew he was getting screwed...and that's party why they felt they had to change the finish.

34 minutes ago, Matt D said:

Shhhh. I'm gaining intel on future bans. I've got a solid list from this and the AEW thread.

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

19 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

Sting's tepid performance at Starrcade 97 a case of booboo face?

Bischoff is full of shit, but he claimed Sting came into the building that day with the attitude like he knew he was getting screwed...and that's party why they felt they had to change the finish.

Can anyone blame Sting for feeling that way in Hogan era WCW?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, gatling said:

This is legitimately one of my 10-15 favorite wrestling moments...but it's pretty much my exact point about Alicia Fox.  I still think that Steve had to hold back from strangling her.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I think people are thrown off by the term "booboo face" here. I've been able to tell with solid regularity when Sasha is gonna win or lose a match beforehand for about the past half year or so based on how she comes out since I leanred to look for it, so either I'm psychic and need to work on picking lotto numbers or it is a thing.

THAT SAID... she's not actually blatantly frowning/crying her way to the ring when this happens. Her... for lack of a better term "energy" is noticeably different whether she is gonna win or lose a match. If you watch her from the past several weeks on Raw in a match she or Bayley or both are gonna win she is grinning widely and bouncing a ton to her or Bayley's theme, basically she is radiating positivity.  When your energy is then half that at the biggest show of the year compared to a random Raw, and her expression while not blatantly frowning is noticeably dialed down a level or two, and she's done this regularly for a while now, you kinda know what's up.

I don't know if it is a sign of a bad attitude and being pissed about having to lose or just a legit weakness in her game/presentation that she is basically tipping her hand, but it is something she probably needs to work on either way. If most of us have noticed or at least heard about it I feel pretty safe in assuming she has, so even if best case it is the latter it doesn't speak well that she's seemingly not working on it at all.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Matt D said:

This thread now comprises 0.1% of all posts in this forum. I hope they're proud of themselves. 

1 hour ago, supremebve said:

This is legitimately one of my 10-15 favorite wrestling moments...but it's pretty much my exact point about Alicia Fox.  I still think that Steve had to hold back from strangling her.

*Never mind, I figured it out.

Edited by Execproducer
Case of the Dumb-Ass

6 hours ago, nate said:

I swear to god, unless I see some fucking proof of this "boo boo face" that keeps coming up - unquestionable proof that Sasha Banks is visibly telegraphing dissatisfaction at the upcoming conclusion of a match - I'm assuming that anyone who says it is wearing a helmet to avoid serious head trauma from putting one foot in front of the other.

Also, I think some of you have me on ignore, because I've seen 2-3 mentions of "confirmation bias" since I mentioned it, and I jus want to know what I did to hurt y'all ...?

I wear a helmet so the aliens can't read my thoughts, fucker....

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Technically, she'd be heel in half of the country and face in the other half at best. Try getting that over in Buttfuck, Alabama.

Depends on the fed as well- throw her in AEW, Chikara, or NJPW crowd she'd be a face.  She'd be a heel in most low-rent southern indies.

Edited by alstein