DVDVR Message Board

The "Sasha Banks is losing her smile" thread

3 hours ago, jaedmc said:

OK now maybe this is getting out of control.

Also, a ton of people wore white and gold at Mania. 

Not even just at Mania- enough people wear white and gold motifs that it's even its own wardrobe version of the "Booboo Face":

If the challenger comes to the ring wearing gold, THEY ARE WINNING THE TITLE TONIGHT.

Likewise, If the champion comes to the ring wearing gold, THEY ARE LOSING THE TITLE.

12 minutes ago, SorceressKnight said:

Not even just at Mania- enough people wear white and gold motifs that it's even its own wardrobe version of the "Booboo Face":

If the challenger comes to the ring wearing gold, THEY ARE WINNING THE TITLE TONIGHT.

Likewise, If the champion comes to the ring wearing gold, THEY ARE LOSING THE TITLE.

best variant of this will forever be Rick Rude's tights at Wrestlemania 5

• Like 3

Guest Edwin
1 minute ago, TheVileOne said:

Ringside News is trash and so is wrestling Twitter.

Agreed on both accounts.

Its hilarious seeing the tinfoil hat wrestling conspiracy theorists buying into it though and thinking Sasha along with 75% of the WWE roster is dying to leave and sign with AEW simply because of the color of their ring gear and because they are getting worked on social media.

Also inb4 the predictable "just wrestling Twitter?!?! TWITTER ITSELF IS GARBAGE!! That's why I'm not on there!!" replies.

1 hour ago, Peck said:

Yeah, Nia and Tamina definitely look like they're jobbing.  ?

There's another picture floating around of Sasha and Bayley in the crowd taking pictures before they have changed into their gear and the stadium is full.  I'd approximate that at about 5:00-6:00 PM ET.  We are nearing the entire timeline.  ?

• Haha 1

I swear to god, unless I see some fucking proof of this "boo boo face" that keeps coming up - unquestionable proof that Sasha Banks is visibly telegraphing dissatisfaction at the upcoming conclusion of a match - I'm assuming that anyone who says it is wearing a helmet to avoid serious head trauma from putting one foot in front of the other.

Also, I think some of you have me on ignore, because I've seen 2-3 mentions of "confirmation bias" since I mentioned it, and I jus want to know what I did to hurt y'all ...?

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, steve said:

Posting that mainly because I didn't realize Foley's runs with the title were so short.... 

He cut a great promo about "47 days" or whatever on Punk during the epic title reign. Worth trying to track down.

11 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

What assumptions are you making about Vince’s media diet? 

That it's like the rest of his diet? Namely, that he's thinking of doing a topical Gore vs Bush Supreme Court fight angle? 

Edited by Matt D

6 minutes ago, nate said:

I swear to god, unless I see some fucking proof of this "boo boo face" that keeps coming up - unquestionable proof that Sasha Banks is visibly telegraphing dissatisfaction at the upcoming conclusion of a match - I'm assuming that anyone who says it is wearing a helmet to avoid serious head trauma from putting one foot in front of the other.

Also, I think some of you have me on ignore, because I've seen 2-3 mentions of "confirmation bias" since I mentioned it, and I jus want to know what I did to hurt y'all ...?

The implication that I wear a helmet because I'm so goddamn stupid to walk is disrespectful and I won't stand for it. I named an instance from Wrestlemania. I don't watch all her matches, but I have noticed, before I knew it was an meme, that there were times where she looked not happy to go out there, and she went through the motions in the ring. Like I said before, I notice that a lot of guys and gals on the roster do the same thing. 

I think it's more odd that she's the one that people notice or have decided to latch on to in regards to this phenomenon. There could just as easily be a Rusev Face or a Ziggler Face.  You could go back TNA and see a sea of the same faces for nearly every match. 

I'm sure we could all come up with plenty instances of the Austin Aries Face

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

34 minutes ago, Matt D said:

Someone should tell Vince about AOC. He'd package Sasha as a heel in that gimmick and then be irate when she got over as a face. 

Technically, she'd be heel in half of the country and face in the other half at best. Try getting that over in Buttfuck, Alabama.

13 minutes ago, jaedmc said:

The implication that I wear a helmet because I'm so goddamn stupid to walk is disrespectful and I won't stand for it. I named an instance from Wrestlemania. I don't watch all her matches, but I have noticed, before I knew it was an meme, that there were times where she looked not happy to go out there, and she went through the motions in the ring. Like I said before, I notice that a lot of guys and gals on the roster do the same thing. 

I think it's more odd that she's the one that people notice or have decided to latch on to in regards to this phenomenon. There could just as easily be a Rusev Face or a Ziggler Face.  You could go back TNA and see a sea of the same faces for nearly every match. 

You're not one of the ones I'm talking about, Jae.  You're one of the good ones, I guess my comment was ill timed.

Also ... that bolded line, in context with what you said?  ?

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

In his defence, I’ve only ever seen it when there was a camera pointed at him. 

No need to constantly bring up Aries's shortcomings.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Technically, she'd be heel in half of the country and face in the other half at best. Try getting that over in Buttfuck, Alabama.

Have you ever been to Buttfuck, Alabama? It's lovely this time of year. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, jaedmc said:

Considering that the other name for "booboo face" was usually "Carlito Syndrome", I don't think it's just Sasha they latch on to about this. 

(And as said for these: From Bulldog claim: "Booboo Face": The look of sadness/anguish/misery certain wrestlers get when they're about to job.) 

Edited by SorceressKnight