DVDVR Message Board

The "Sasha Banks is losing her smile" thread

Thinking about it, Sasha and Bayley are acting exactly the way I would expect Triple H proteges to act. 

It seems like a problem with NXT in general. They get there and get this impression they are big stars, so when they get called up, they think they have already made it. Or not, who knows, but it does seem like its the NXT people who do this.

3 hours ago, Craig H said:

When did Sasha try to steal a new champion's thunder in the ring right after losing to that new champion

Are you under the impression that this whole situation isn't stealing the IIconics' thunder? It may not have happened in the ring, but there isn't a pages-long thread about the IIconics win anywhere I can see.

3 hours ago, Craig H said:

Complaining in the privacy away from cameras =/= doing the same shit HBK and Hogan did.

The boo-boo faces are very much on camera?

I think half the  wrestlers in the WWE look sad to be there. Even before KofiMania started even New Day looked like they were just going through the motions and didn't care.

They all look like Chris Jericho looked before he finally took time off that first time. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Sasha and Bayley won worst feud in the observer despite I think only having one match against each other last year. It was the worst booking in the company (and considering Zayn/Lashley and Styles/Nak, that's saying something)

Well, devil's advocate there- the Sasha/Bayley feud was kind of given a bad rap by the Observer.

Let the record show that Kenny Omega vs. Cody was considered one of the BEST feuds of 2018, even though it was effectively the same feud as Bayley/Sasha (two friends who were teammates. One of them starts having more success. The other is jealous. They keep sniping at each other for a few months, but then instead of getting the heel turn and kicking it into overdrive, the other suddenly says "sorry, we cool?" and they become friends again abruptly.) 

18 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Doubt it's true. Could be character assassination. If true,  disappointing. Back to hibernation. 

I don't buy the story for a second on the grounds: We remember Wrestlemania 21, when Rhyno threw the flower pot and got fired (or even for less remembered things from the time: Chilly Willy, who got a development deal after his time in the Iraq War, got fired for having a war flashback at the same weekend.) 

It's 100% crystal clear, and has been for a while, WWE policy is "You are on your BEST BEHAVIOR Wrestlemania week, and if you screw up in any way,  we will fire you over it." (Even the "but AEW changed the game" thing doesn't work, since Mania 21 happened in 2005, when people truly believed TNA might stand a chance at competing with WWE.)

Point is- if this rumor on Sasha and Bayley was true, they would have been TURBO-FIRED. 

• Like 1

What? Cody turned heel*, they had two main event level matches, then reunited. Totally different.

*Well they were both kinda heels to start, but he turned from cool heel to heel hell heel.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, SorceressKnight said:

I don't buy the story for a second on the grounds: We remember Wrestlemania 21, when Rhyno threw the flower pot and got fired (or even for less remembered things from the time: Chilly Willy, who got a development deal after his time in the Iraq War, got fired for having a war flashback at the same weekend.) 

It's 100% crystal clear, and has been for a while, WWE policy is "You are on your BEST BEHAVIOR Wrestlemania week, and if you screw up in any way,  we will fire you over it." (Even the "but AEW changed the game" thing doesn't work, since Mania 21 happened in 2005, when people truly believed TNA might stand a chance at competing with WWE.)

Point is- if this rumor on Sasha and Bayley was true, they would have been TURBO-FIRED. 

Landscape is totally different then it was in 2005. AEW is more threatening to them than TNA. Sasha and Bayley would make bigger waves out there than Rhyno did in 2005. "Laying down" is open to interpretation in terms of how shitty it is. Throwing a flower pot is pretty cut and dry.

I'm not buying it.

Edit: Edited to remove my "Poor logic" jab. That was uncalled for. 

Edited by West Newbury Bad Boy
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Landscape is totally different then it was in 2005. AEW is more threatening to them than TNA. Sasha and Bayley would make bigger waves out there than Rhyno did in 2005. "Laying down" is open to interpretation in terms of how shitty it is. Throwing a flower pot is pretty cut and dry.

Poor logic. 

Again, the same points.

Rhyno's was cut and dry, but you had other arguments there as well. The Chilly Willy thing was not a blip in the universe, but "fire the war veteran for having a flashback" is shitty on WWE's side.

Even the  "Rhyno didn't make bigger waves" thing wasn't a big thing, since Matt Hardy also got fired the same weekend for his bullshit that time, and it's arguable to say 2005 Matt Hardy's waves on the open market would be pretty comparable to the wave Sasha and Bayley would make on the open market in 2019. (Not even mentioning that in Bayley's case, AEW may not even want her since they locked up Kylie Rae, who's being positioned as AEW's answer to Bayley and, if the rumor is true, may be easier to EXIST with.) 

• Like 1

Matt Hardy kinda set the bar for wacky antics to get fired. And I loved that shit then too. Gaining weight and eating the shit out of some grapes on youtube. Good times.

Guest Edwin
10 minutes ago, SorceressKnight said:

Not even mentioning that in Bayley's case, AEW may not even want her since they locked up Kylie Rae...

Yes and WWE wouldn't want to sign Tanahashi because they already have Eric Bougenhagen who can also play the air guitar or Okada because Shane is Vince's son and they can just have money rain on the crowd during his entrances or Naito because Andrade already does the tranquilo pose. ?

Edited by Edwin

2 minutes ago, jaedmc said:

Matt Hardy kinda set the bar for wacky antics to get fired. And I loved that shit then too. Gaining weight and eating the shit out of some grapes on youtube. Good times.

This wasn't the Matt Hardy gaining weight and eating grapes- this was post-Lita/Edge/Matt love triangle Matt Hardy where he was being an emo kid and planning gimmicks based on it.

When Matt was released in 05, it was because he was accused of slashing Edge's tires. Which was a whole situation involving other people. 

Then they brought him back two months later and Matt heavily implied he was never released in the first place.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MORELOCK said:

Are you under the impression that this whole situation isn't stealing the IIconics' thunder? It may not have happened in the ring, but there isn't a pages-long thread about the IIconics win anywhere I can see.

The boo-boo faces are very much on camera?

You need to get over it already. You're picking the weirdest hill to die on. Multiple people in this thread aren't even aware of this booboo face thing, others have asked for evidence and none has been provided, but you still coming back to it.

Regarding stealing the IIconics thunder, first of all, the number of pages discussing something on DVDVR isn't exactly any kind of good barometer. Secondly, there aren't multiple pages discussing the IIconics partly because they're only good in small doses and compared to most others on the roster, they're not as interesting.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

To that point Sasha congratulated The IIconics on Twitter and now she posted about them on IG and Peyton replied with hearts and kisses. Can we end this or nah? 

no because now they're breaking kayfabe by taking friendly photos with their heel rivals.   This is the new Shiek/Duggan cocaine bust.  Where is Bill Watts when you need him.

?

• Haha 4

48 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

To that point Sasha congratulated The IIconics on Twitter and now she posted about them on IG and Peyton replied with hearts and kisses. Can we end this or nah? 

Didnt you quit this thread a couple days ago? ?

• Haha 1

Back in 2007, I noticed I started noticing whenever Charlie Haas and Shelton Benjamin were going to lose. They came out looking like their puppy had been hit by a truck. When they were going to win, they looked enthusiastic. 

The NXT people are pretty easy to read. But in the end its a matter of opinion. Or we end up examining it like the Zapruder film. 

1 minute ago, Overly Critical Man said:

She also wasn’t fired for wrestling drunk. Apparently she has photos of Vince with a donkey or something.

Alicia Fox is right up there with Brutus Beefcake for longest WWF/E runs without a single memorable moment.