DVDVR Message Board

The "Sasha Banks is losing her smile" thread

5 minutes ago, BobbyWhioux said:

and once again I'd like to harp on how Bret Hart saying Vince McMahon in a speech led to someone getting fired while Shawn Michaels repeatedly saying Vince McMahon in a speech at the same event had zero fucking consequences for anyone involved whatsoever.

Just to further illustrate your point.

For clarification the guy wasn't fired. He quit though it that was either a "can't fire me, I quit" situation, or he just got tired of dealing with the bs situation.

• Thanks 1

Either way, if there is any truth to that rumor I think Banks and Bayley were acting idiotic. Granted, those could be rumors being spread around by their detractors to make them look bad. This is a backstabbing business, let's not pretend guys don't do that.

So the story goes, Shawn Michaels lied about Marty Jannetty being drunk and passed out at an event. It ultimately led to Michaels losing the belt to  him on Raw as recompense.

I'm not a Pat McAfee mark, but I respect him for threatening to quit over the tuxedo shorts thing. Just because you're Michael Cole doesn't give you the right to chew out Pat McAfee for wearing tuxedo shorts. 

Edited by TheVileOne
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, jaedmc said:

Fans getting pissed at wrestlers for losing their minds in an environment that is known to be fucking mental to work in is some of the saddest shit I've ever seen. I go crazy watching the shit, can't imagine if I was actually working in a place where Michael Cole will yell at me like a child over some shorts, or Vince McMahon will fire me because Bret Hart said Vince McMahon in a speech.

If anything I'm more suspicious of the people who do well there for years than the ones who snap.

Yea it’s a fucked up business with strange rules of etiquette and all sorts of backstage shenanigans so I’m not surprised that it fucks up people’s minds. 

The cool thing is that there are career options available to wrestlers now that they didn’t have just a few years ago. So, good luck to Sasha. Whether she stays with the WWE or ventures off, she’ll shine. 

12 minutes ago, Eivion said:

For clarification the guy wasn't fired. He quit though it that was either a "can't fire me, I quit" situation, or he just got tired of dealing with the bs situation.

Again, this doesn't make it any better. If you're backed into a "you can't fire me, I quit!" situation, then you've basically been fired. You're just trying to preserve some kind of dignity for yourself.

And to tack onto what @BobbyWhioux was saying, Evans was also made fun of in the ring by some of the DX guys, Billy Gunn in particular, saying "Vince can't fire me!"

12 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Again, this doesn't make it any better. If you're backed into a "you can't fire me, I quit!" situation, then you've basically been fired. You're just trying to preserve some kind of dignity for yourself.

And to tack onto what @BobbyWhioux was saying, Evans was also made fun of in the ring by some of the DX guys, Billy Gunn in particular, saying "Vince can't fire me!"

I didn't say it made it any better. This  is pretty clearly one of those Vince is a lunatic situations.

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 2

Hilarious visual, the laying on the floor bit.

I think they will be mercifully split by the Shakeup, but it's weird that this whole thing has been presented as if they could never just win the titles back and have a second reign.

• Like 1

I'm curious if this alleged floor lying was then just sprawled out on the locker room floor in everybody's way, or them off to a side? Was making it clear they were unhappy mean they were just not in a great mood, or are we talking a six year old throwing a fit at the store because her mom wouldn't buy her whatever the modern version of a Cabbage Patch Kid is.

22 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

I'm curious if this alleged floor lying was then just sprawled out on the locker room floor in everybody's way, or them off to a side? Was making it clear they were unhappy mean they were just not in a great mood, or are we talking a six year old throwing a fit at the store because her mom wouldn't buy her whatever the modern version of a Cabbage Patch Kid is.

It's a great rumor because it's just specific enough that you can latch onto it, but vague enough that you can make it sound as bad as you want to believe it was.

I mean, I'm an actor so laying down in weird places while waiting hours to do something seems perfectly normal to me. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, jaedmc said:

I mean, I'm an actor so laying down in weird places while waiting hours to do something seems perfectly normal to me. 

This is the single most true statement in this thread. Laying on the loading dock outside the theater is a very fond memory.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jaedmc said:

I dunno looks like a selfie from Bonnaroo that someone photoshop'd onto Wrestlemania.

I'll say this, the yellow light shining in Bayley's eyes looks like the yellow light that was shining into all of our eyes several times that evening ?

Man I am so far behind, the last time I heard Punk mention Miz was in a fairly positive light. Granted it was probably a decade ago and along the lines of "I like Miz, he has a habit of accidentally rubbing people the wrong way initially that I sometimes do as well so I get him."

17 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I'll say this, the yellow light shining in Bayley's eyes looks like the yellow light that was shining into all of our eyes several times that evening ?

I heard E&C mention that on their pod, how it killed the atmosphere for the AJ match. 

4 hours ago, Rick said:

Women's wrestler court? Seems complicated.

Just have Randy shit in their bags. 

How about they all shit in Randy's bags? That would probably be a good bonding activity to help squash any tension between them, if there's any.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1