DVDVR Message Board

The "Sasha Banks is losing her smile" thread

4 minutes ago, Casey said:

I feel like knowing who the Hardys are and "respecting the business" are two different things and Sasha is just super salty that this non-fan came into a business she loves and got everything that Sasha wanted for herself.

Dude.. no.  She said "you don't have to lie"  and "if she didn't come in and be fake and say I love Matt Hardy"  then maybe she'd like her.  So,  what happened is Alexa (supposedly) was telling tales for whatever reason trying to fit in,  said she loved Matt and then she couldn't tell the difference between him and Jeff.  

Fake people can be annoying.  Maybe it happened that way,  who knows.   Sasha said "you don't have to be from the indies,  be yourself." 

Edited by Niners Fan in CT

Maybe Alexa has that thing where recognizing faces is hard. I have that and it suuuuuuucks.

I once saw my chiropractor on line at Starbucks and he said hi and I was like "Hey,...um...[trying to think of something to ask that doesn't give away that I can't remember this face] how's the family?"

Him [3 years divorced]: I'm sure they're somewhere. See you around. [stalks off without getting his coffee]

A few months later, me sitting in his waiting room remembering all this and finally putting it together and sneaking out the office never to be seen there again.

• Haha 7

Pretty sure Alexa Bliss has been a fan for a long time. 

I think Sasha Banks worked herself into a shoot. Is she justified in her gripes? Maybe. But in business, I say always be the bigger person, pick your battles and don't burn the bridges. I'd advise Sasha to work out her contract then leave, don't burn the bridge.

Honestly, there is nothing wrong with being a belt mark or a mark for yourself in the business. Let's be honest, a lot of the top stars of all time were either belt marks or marks for themselves. More often than not it takes you a lot farther. 

At the same time, I think IIconics winning the belts is good because now you have a genuine heel team holding the belts and having a good heel team for the babyfaces to chase can be good for business.

I think Sasha Banks had a better case when WWE trashed her feud with Bayley and did this horribly written garbage instead:

Edited by TheVileOne
  • Haha 1

Just now, TheVileOne said:

Pretty sure Alexa Bliss has been a fan for a long time. 

I think Sasha Banks worked herself into a shoot. Is she justified in her gripes? Maybe. But in business, I say always be the bigger person, pick your battles and don't burn the bridges. I'd advise Sasha to work out her contract then leave, don't burn the bridge.

Honestly, there is nothing wrong with being a belt mark or a mark for yourself in the business. Let's be honest, a lot of the top stars of all time were either belt marks or marks for themselves. More often than not it takes you a lot farther. 

At the same time, I think IIconics winning the belts is good because now you have a genuine heel team holding the belts and having a good heel team for the babyfaces to chase can be good for business.

You need look no further than the title of this thread and the incident it refers to for evidence of this being true.

Hell, look at the drama over Vince's name getting dropped in the HOF speeches.  Vince still lets HBK get away with figurative murder (and still in particularly egregious contrast with Bret) and he made his last dime for Vince a long time ago.

Sometimes, this company absolutely rewards doing what Sasha Banks seems to be doing.  And if the alternative is going from tag team champs to handicap match job fodder (supposedly the initial plan for RAW was for Bliss to beat Bayley & Sasha both before Sasha left) maybe it is worth the risk.

I'm a belt mark too. I like title belts. I always have. Title belts are cool. At the same time, Sasha needs to understand this isn't real. Work out your contract and leave if you're unhappy.  A WWE contract doesn't give you the right to be champion or hold a title unless you're Hulk Hogan.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

At the same time, Sasha needs to understand this isn't real.

Is it about being "real"  or is it about working hard in your craft and not being rewarded for it or being pushed down the card to the point where it affects your money?  We don't know all the details but we do know that the higher up on the card you are,  the more money you are going to make through merchandise etc.   At some point it must get tiring to work hard to be the best (you can argue whether she is more like top 5 or whatever) and keep getting fucked with and passed over. 

6 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

Also what happened with Naomi?

Naomi had a lot to say on Twitter about being sabotaged and how poorly the women on SDL were being treated.  They were supposed to have a #1 contender match and then suddenly plans change,  Charlotte is champion and they are all tossed into the kickoff battle royal.   Then "fans" got in her mentions and started saying stuff like she should be happy to be there, she's lucky to have a job, she should shut and know her role,  etc.  and she started quoted them and going back and forth with these people. It went on for a few days. 

22 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

Also what happened with Naomi?

12 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Naomi had a lot to say on Twitter about being sabotaged and how poorly the women on SDL were being treated.  They were supposed to have a #1 contender match and then suddenly plans change,  Charlotte is champion and they are all tossed into the kickoff battle royal.   Then "fans" got in her mentions and started saying stuff like she should be happy to be there, she's lucky to have a job, she should shut and know her role,  etc.  and she started quoted them and going back and forth with these people. It went on for a few days. 

Ah see, this goes back to what I was saying earlier (about not reading Twittter.) This wasn't the situation I was thinking of when Naomi was mentioned. The controversy I had heard about was during that whole rivalry with Mandy Rose (specifically during the time Mandy was trying to seduce her husband) was that people were super pissed that the angle was racist.

2 hours ago, Casey said:

I feel like knowing who the Hardys are and "respecting the business" are two different things and Sasha is just super salty that this non-fan came into a business she loves and got everything that Sasha wanted for herself.

So Alexa is the female Sting to Sasha’s Tom Zenk? 

30 minutes ago, The Green Meanie said:

Ah see, this goes back to what I was saying earlier (about not reading Twittter.) This wasn't the situation I was thinking of when Naomi was mentioned. The controversy I had heard about was during that whole rivalry with Mandy Rose (specifically during the time Mandy was trying to seduce her husband) was that people were super pissed that the angle was racist.

Maybe I missed something there, but how was that racist? You had a white woman trying to seduce a Pacific islander who is married to a black woman. I don't recall any comments or actions from Mandy to Naomi and vice versa that could be considered racist.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

2 hours ago, TheVileOne said:

There is now a whole thread devoted to one of them and how “great” he was. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

My take on Sasha vs Alexa is that Sasha, who’s life’s dream was to wrestle is frustrated that Bliss, who doesn’t share the same passion as her, gets pushed consistently because of her looks, and her rumored promiscuity(although she has made the most of her opportunities). 

3 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Is it about being "real"  or is it about working hard in your craft and not being rewarded for it or being pushed down the card to the point where it affects your money?  We don't know all the details but we do know that the higher up on the card you are,  the more money you are going to make through merchandise etc.   At some point it must get tiring to work hard to be the best (you can argue whether she is more like top 5 or whatever) and keep getting fucked with and passed over. 

Ultimately,  that's the whole difference. If it was just "one time", maybe it's just "oh, Sasha and Alexa have heat".

When  it's been the same presumably as "Sasha had heat with Charlotte"(who was second-generation and also did presumably know enough about wrestling to accept it)", and then "Sasha now has heat with the IIconics (who not only came up from the indies, but who Sasha didn't have heat with until Sunday when they happened to win a match)"...not only is it multiple people, but they come from literally every possible background of "no experience"/"second gen, but no experience", "loads of experience"...and the one common thread is "Sasha doesn't like them" and "they once got a spot Sasha wanted  for herself".

Ultimately, it does come down to "If you see an asshole once, you saw an asshole. If you keep seeing assholes all day, every day, maybe YOU'RE the problem."

Edited by SorceressKnight
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MADCAP said:

My take on Sasha vs Alexa is that Sasha, who’s life’s dream was to wrestle is frustrated that Bliss, who doesn’t share the same passion as her, gets pushed consistently because of her looks, and her rumored promiscuity(although she has made the most of her opportunities). 

I kinda have an issue with the “rumored promiscuity” thing. That’s only ever come from “sources” with an axe to grind. 

I guess my question to Sasha would be; what the hell else do you want? You were amongst the most featured women in the original “women’s revolution.” You were the first ever entrant in the women’s Royal Rumble. You were in the first Women’s Hell in a Cell. You’re a four time former champion. At what point do you start to ask yourself if they’re the problem or if it’s you?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TheVileOne said:

.  A WWE contract doesn't give you the right to be champion or hold a title unless you're Hulk HoganJohn Cena Brock Lesnar

ftfy.

It's one of those things, ten years ago when WWE people hated working there they'd go to TNA and have a run like Bully Ray or Mr Anderson at best. Or retire and become a firefighter like Paul Burchill. Whereas now, you've got Cody Rhodes and Pac who are thriving more outside the company. It's bound to embolden anyone who's there and frustrated.