DVDVR Message Board

The "Sasha Banks is losing her smile" thread

I think Asuka is clearly the best but outside of her I have Sasha 2nd because I prefer her storytelling, bumping, aggressiveness.. but I could see others going with Becky or Charlotte the gap between all the horsewoman is smaller than the gap between Asuka and everyone else.

Nikki, Ember and Ruby are all very good but haven't had a lot of opportunities.

I'm not counting Kairi and Io and the rest in NXT.

• Like 2

BTW - Meltzer mumbled through a quick update re: Sasha on the radio show this morning

Nobody is talking but they are taking it at face value that it is a "personal situation" and Dave hopes that "She (Sasha) is okay"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

53 minutes ago, AxB said:

Because...?

Just everything about her. Her wrestling style, her attitude. In most of her matches she doesn't look like she wants to be there.

50 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

She didn't sign his autograph at 2am back at the hotel.

Thankfully no, I'm not a neckbeard.

People keep citing "attitude" but aren't providing examples, she has complained less than Revival and others, the vitriol is a tad overboard considering nobody else receives criticism nor should they, they have a right to voice their opinion, it's their career not ours.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

People keep citing "attitude" but aren't providing examples, she has complained less than Revival and others, the vitriol is a tad overboard considering nobody else receives criticism nor should they, they have a right to voice their opinion, it's their career not ours.

Thank god she hasn’t complained as much as The Revival or she’d have to punchout a fan that attacked Bret Hart to get back in my good graces.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Did people not mention the spats with Alexa Bliss already? Didn't she also get pissed at Charlotte and nearly ruin their friendship over Charlotte getting the big push?

I will post the blurb when I get to a computer but in the WON that just came out Dave reports from multiple people that Sasha indeed tried to quit when finding out they were losing to the IIconics.

She has been given a couple of weeks to think about it

33 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I will post the blurb when I get to a computer but in the WON that just came out Dave reports from multiple people that Sasha indeed tried to quit when finding out they were losing to the IIconics.

She has been given a couple of weeks to think about it

D36NL9mWAAcNr8T.png

This includes the blurb before just for the full report

Something is going on with Banks. She missed Raw on Monday and had been scheduled, although schedule changes happen every night. But then she missed an appearance on the Wendy Williams show which she said was due to personal reasons. Then she wrote this: “There is something about the way life happens today that makes it hard to look ahead. There are things that make it difficult to laugh, difficult to live the way you want. There are things that make it almost impossible to trust where you are, or to believe in where you want to be. You look around and life is happening way too fast. Sometimes it feels like the moments are gone. We’re marching towards a destiny we cannot understand, towards the kingdom of convenient. Then one day you look up and you can’t find the meaning. Your crisis of purpose and passion is acting up, but they tell you that that’s supposed to be normal. Well...I don’t want normal. I want magic; cause that’s the place that feels like home to me. That’s the place where I remember what dreams look like, where meaning is effortless, and purpose is simple. That’s the place where love still matters. I want that feeling of coming home again. I want to feel like myself...I want that magic.” The people at the Wendy Williams show told the New York Post that she pulled out at the last minute with no good reason and that they would never book her on the show again. “She won’t be booked again,” they quoted someone with the show. “She didn’t give a real reason for canceling, and she did it only hours before the show tapes, so production was left scrambling to fill her spot. Wendy ended up doing an extra segment of Hot Topics instead.” Williams herself on the air said that Banks wasn’t there because of a family emergency and would be invited back. She is right now apparently on a vacation with her husband in the Dominican Republic. .

According to one person high up, Banks tried to quit over the weekend, as she felt blindsided when finding out at the last minute that they were taking the tag team titles from her and Bayley. She had thought that the two of them would be given a chance to have a strong run and bring credibility to the belts and establish them as serious belts. Then the decision was made to go to the Iiconics, who as champions, could only make the belts seem like gimmick comedy belts. Basically she has been given a few weeks to think things out before sticking to a choice the company believes may have been made as a rash decision. Anyway, that’s been largely confirmed by others but probably will be denied very quickly. A second person said she’s been given time to figure out what she wants to do, whether stay or go, but couldn’t confirm the reason why, but said that she probably wouldn’t have known the finish of that match until late and did believe she and Bayley were going to be given a shot at making the belts mean something. It was noted in particular that the storyline of defending them on Raw, Smackdown and NXT started, so it was logical for them to assume a run of defending in all those places. A third person just said she was clearly unhappy.

Sucks if she leaves, but I don't blame her if they blindsided her with the IIconics victory. Honestly, I kind of want her leave just to see what she would do outside of WWE. The only reason they are likely trying to talk her out of it is for the eventual Horsewomen feud, but who knows how far off that is and if they aren't going treat her any better she would likely just end up leaving then anyways.

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 1