DVDVR Message Board

The "Sasha Banks is losing her smile" thread

Speaking of titles...My wife for some reason was reading off names of people I share a birthday with on Halloween. The list is really a whole lot of nothing, but one name stood out.

Joe West.

And then I remembered my title.

Thanks a lot Dolfan.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Without getting too much in the standing stuff, I will point out we have no idea how the setup to Mania went down, or what was told to Sasha and Bayley was advance. There have been tons of reports lately of last minute changes to booking at the last second. 

Basically, would it really surprise anyone if they told Sasha and Bayley the plan was for them to hold the belts long term to add legitimacy to them and then they told the, they were dropping an hour before?

Basically, I have heard so many frustrating things about WWE backstage now I tend to give the benefit of the doubt to the talent over them.

• Like 5

I don't think this had anything to do with them dropping the belts to the IIconics, she posted that picture of the three of them from NXT right after.

If I'm speculating (subscribe to my newsletter), I think she was probably supposed to be the one to wrestle Alexa Monday, and balked hard.

• Like 1

If I had to guess, the main reason the Iiconics won Sunday was because the show was so babyface heavy. They were in a position where Seth, Finn, Kofi and Becky all almost had to win, and arguably Roman as well. Throw in giving hometown wins to Ryder/Hawkins and Carmela, plus Braun getting the comedy spot payoff win, and something had to give somewhere. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

If I had to guess, the main reason the Iiconics won Sunday was because the show was so babyface heavy. They were in a position where Seth, Finn, Kofi and Becky all almost had to win, and arguably Roman as well. Throw in giving hometown wins to Ryder/Hawkins and Carmela, plus Braun getting the comedy spot payoff win, and something had to give somewhere. 

Bruce Pritchard is back, baby

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Man, I'm not expecting that everyone in the board is going to develop class consciousness over night gather around the fire and sing Kumbaya into the bright sunny future, but all this talk of "She just should up and do her job godammit" is wack.

We know for a fact that Vince McMahon is a crazy crazy man, you think working for this fool is fun in any way? The dude has made millions of dollars from people breaking their bodies and dying in their 50's and people are acting mad that his workers are going "Man, this job fucking sucks and does not make me happy at all. I hate this" ?!

Crazy.

(I shall  now return to my void)

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, MarcosLoura said:

Man, I'm not expecting that everyone in the board is going to develop class consciousness over night gather around the fire and sing Kumbaya into the bright sunny future, but all this talk of "She just should up and do her job godammit" is wack.

We know for a fact that Vince McMahon is a crazy crazy man, you think working for this fool is fun in any way? The dude has made millions of dollars from people breaking their bodies and dying in their 50's and people are acting mad that his workers are going "Man, this job fucking sucks and does not make me happy at all. I hate this" ?!

Crazy.

EAT THE RICH.

To me the most astounding thing about Sasha's time in WWE is that in all that time WWE didn't manage to script one decent, simple Sasha/Bayley feud.

I mean they had like six feuds but they were all so diluted with ridiculously long teases of a breakup, with "but they're best friends!" with "girls shouldn't fight, you guys are going to team no matter what," and with Bayley's half-assed attempt to go heel(ish).

All they had to do was have them hate each other from NXT and fight and fight and fight until some horrible monster came along to distract them after awhile with other stuff...and then a year later have them remember how much they hate each other and fight and fight and fight. And you would have a nice epic feud for a nice epic comp. tape.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, piranesi said:

To me the most astounding thing about Sasha's time in WWE is that in all that time WWE didn't manage to script one decent, simple Sasha/Bayley feud.

It's astounding to you when WWE doesn't script a decent, simple feud? It's astounding to me when they do.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

I'd have put Lashley and Lio over THE DEMON because I still think it's stupid as fuck the summon THE DEMON for Bobby fucking Lashley but think you are going to beat THE BEAST on your own when you weigh 170lbs and don't have any DEMON backing. 

Edited by Niners Fan in CT
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I'd have put Lashley and Lio over THE DEMON because I still think it's stupid as fuck the summon THE DEMON for Bobby fucking Lashley but think you are going to beat THE BEAST on your own when you weigh 170lbs and don't have any DEMON backing. 

Dude, he summoned THE DEMON for Baron Corbin. I just think Finn Balor is kayfabe dumb.

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

It's the problem with circular booking. They don't want to beat The Demon to protect it (eventually they'll presumably burn it on someone) so they can't book Finn to be The Demon unless he's going to win. But they only see Finn as a upper midcard guy that occasionally main events, so he can't beat the legit top guys, so he only summons the Demon for people he can beat.

Welcome to WWE.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

It's the problem with circular booking. They don't want to beat The Demon to protect it (eventually they'll presumably burn it on someone) so they can't book Finn to be The Demon unless he's going to win. But they only see Finn as a upper midcard guy that occasionally main events, so he can't beat the legit top guys, so he only summons the Demon for people he can beat.

Welcome to WWE.

You are 100% right but it is 100% dumb as hell. I guess once they burn off THE DEMON on someone (looking at you Puppeteer Wyatt) it won't matter.. 

• Like 1

The Demon is the silliest thing, lets have no more of it.

When he was chasing Lio outside the ring and growling at him, for all the world he looked like a kid on Halloween told by his parents to make his best monster face for pictures.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, MarcosLoura said:

Crazy.

Sasha is a brat on social media and Vince is a monster.

See: I can hold both of those opinions. 

• Like 1

The one thing I'm lost on is why some were talking up Sasha having a good match with Rousey as some big deal that shows she should be a top star. In ring Rousey has basically been a prodigy and almost all of her matches that have been given time have been rather good, Mania might have been her worst non-squash ppv match and that was a triple threat where she got hurt midway through.

I thought Sasha/Rousey was a rather good match! I also thought Rousey/Bayley, Rousey/Charlotte, Rousey/Nia, Rousey/Riott tv, hell even Rousey/Nikki and Rousey & Angle/Steph & HHH were rather good matches. Kinda wish we got Rousey/Becky...