DVDVR Message Board

The "Sasha Banks is losing her smile" thread

I must be the only person that hasn't noticed the jobber face thing. Guess I've never looked out for it. 

Sasha has been terrible for a little while now. Bayley has been carrying that team. Sasha is better utilised as a heel really. I'm not gonna excuse her moaning online and not grabbing the ball though. Look what Becky has done for herself.  Sasha's promos have been bad every opportunity they've given her.

2 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Every career has ebbs and flows to it. You have to give this shit about Sasha being passed over a rest though.

I wouldn't post about it as much if people like @just drew gave his hatred for her a rest and he's not the only one.  If I'm obsessed with her being held back, they are obsessed with the negativity.  

You are one of the more level headed posters here..  put yourself in her shoes.  She was called upon to have a match with Ronda at the Rumble on short notice.  She travels to New York to go train for it the week prior. She and Ronda have a great match.  She proved that she can still be Sasha Banks.  Then her and Bayley have a great finishing stretch with Mandy/Sonya and make the tag titles look great.  Then they are told basically they have nothing for them at Mania and oh you are losing the belts already.  It's about the 5th time that has happened to her where she gets something going and they take it right from her. Pushed right back down the card.  Then Becky who is the hottest act right outside of Kofi.. she is placed in a title feud with Lacey Evans it looks like who is clearly not ready and Alexa comes right back off injury and kills Bayley in two seconds.  It's been 4 years of this.  They had the worst story line of the year last year too.  It makes no sense for people to say she should shut up. Her and Bayley have been treated terribly in comparison to some of the other women and they deserve better. 

• Like 3

I'm surprised more wrestlers don't sign. Short term 1-2 year deals with the WWE... Or why the WWE doesnt stick to that kind of model. Rotating wrestlers in and out of circulation kept gimmicks and personalities fresh for decades prior to the consolidation of the industry. If I was a talent I'd stick to 1 year deals then move to another promotion and just float back and forth. You're also guaranteed a chance to take a vacation. 

Plus- when you make that return you're over as hell.

41 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

4 years of being passed over.  If others can get frustrated and voice their grievances why not her.. 

4 Womens titles and a tag title run - the first team to hold the title.

She's been on the main card of Mania for 3 out of 4 years.

She was in the first ever PPV women's main event.

I'd love to be passed over like that in my job. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

11 minutes ago, matt925 said:

All the wrestling angles are done through Twitter now, why is this any different? There could be 100 reasons she didn’t do the Wendy Williams show. 

Apparently the Wendy Williams people didn't find out until right before the show - and they weren't happy. 

https://pagesix.com/2019/04/09/wendy-williams-show-fuming-after-wwes-sasha-banks-cancels-at-last-minute/ 

1 minute ago, ChesterCopperpot said:

4 Womens titles and a tag title run - the first team to hold the title.

She's been on the main card of Mania for 3 out of 4 years.

She was in the first ever PPV women's main event.

I'd love to be passed over like that in my job. 

See this is what happens.  People quote me on this topic because I'm the resident Sasha fan, I guess the only Sasha fan left on here and then I end up having 20 replies.   bottom line she busted her ass to be the best and she was the best and then they shit on her for it and now she's been beaten down and every time she is given an opportunity she goes out there like against Ronda,  has a great match and they still shit on her for it. 

27 minutes ago, scatterheart said:

I must be the only person that hasn't noticed the jobber face thing. Guess I've never looked out for it.

It's been talked about for years, but I also don't recall ever noticing it until this past Sunday which I thought weird at the time cause I didn't think there was much chance they were losing.

I've always felt Sasha was dragged down by Bayley and has been at every low point of her last 4 years. When she's away from her (feud with Charlotte, series with Alexa, match with Ronda, etc.) is when she shines.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, RolandTHTG said:

So how we feeling if this is legitimately linked to mental illness/depression, which right now is looking.....not out of the question?

I know it's her decision, and she might want to keep it quiet and I wouldn't blame her at all, but coming out and talking about it if that were the case could really help a lot of people.

Not that I'm saying she owes anyone any explanation, just that a lot of wrestling fans deal with those issues and she might help someone feel like they aren't alone.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, RolandTHTG said:

So how we feeling if this is legitimately linked to mental illness/depression, which right now is looking.....not out of the question?

Her family life was a disaster zone growing up,  I watched a couple of her interviews on it which is one of the reasons why I became such a big fan because she was able to make it through and achieve her dreams and become the best female in the company, at least at that time. 

I also spend time working with special needs and she told a story about her brother who is autistic and having to take care of him while her mom was away at work,  her father left them etc.  It was something I could relate to I know how hard it can be,  I know all about the special needs field and it's a cold cold world out there for those kids...  

It helps that she was a great character and a great performer but her life story is what really sold me. 

• Like 2

I've also never noticed Sasha's "booboo face" but the last two nights Bayley came out looking like she, to steal a line from Buffy, was just diagnosed with cancer of the puppy.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Wyld Samurai said:

I'm surprised more wrestlers don't sign. Short term 1-2 year deals with the WWE... Or why the WWE doesnt stick to that kind of model. Rotating wrestlers in and out of circulation kept gimmicks and personalities fresh for decades prior to the consolidation of the industry. If I was a talent I'd stick to 1 year deals then move to another promotion and just float back and forth. You're also guaranteed a chance to take a vacation. 

Plus- when you make that return you're over as hell.

well, now that there's an AEW to go to, perhaps they will.

Long term deals are what it's in the best interest of the WWE to offer (in terms of marketplace/labor pool control) so that's what they're going to offer, take it or leave it, particularly when they're not subject to credible marketplace competition.

Baseball teams want to lock guys down with long term deals before they hit free agency for similar reason.  Players who want to test the market sign shorter term deals and/or negotiate player option years so they can move around.

Definitely feel that WWE's creative malaise is exacerbated by lack of roster turnover and guys not having somewhere else to go when their act starts to naturally turn stale

1 hour ago, RolandTHTG said:

I don't think anyone on the board would be unsympathetic, but the timing of it (and the boo-boo face) certainly seems to point more to her being mad about her spot (again).

The article above indicates that Wendy won't be booking Sasha again - another example of her own behavior getting her into trouble. Burning a bridge with mainstream media definitely isn't the way to receive a push in the very mainstream-conscious WWE. But I'm sure there will be a reason why everyone but Sasha is to blame for that, too. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Brian Fowler said:

I've also never noticed Sasha's "booboo face" but the last two nights Bayley came out looking like she, to steal a line from Buffy, was just diagnosed with cancer of the puppy.

well, even the inflating buddies are telegraphing results now, so...

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

"Booboo face"  sounds to me like  "shut up woman and do what your told" talk.  

Its a phrase Davey Boy Smith coined about guys who came out pouting when they were jobbing. Also she should shut up, she is treated better than most of the roster. 

4 minutes ago, Victator said:

I'm not, unless someone I know sends me something, Not sure what that has to do with it. Sasha has been a deluded ass for years.

You came in here talking about how she has been treated better than most.  It sounded like you were paying attention to the weekly television but I guess I was wrong. Carry on. 

Can I just point out, criticising Sasha for behaving in a way that, at least on it's face, seems unprofessional, doesn't automatically mean anyone hates her.

Some people may. I certainly don't. But don't act like the only possible motivation is hatred. That's bad faith.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

You came in here talking about how she has been treated better than most.  It sounded like you were paying attention to the weekly television but I guess I was wrong. Carry on. 

I had been paying attention to youtube and talk here before I took the next step. I hadn't watched much TV wrestling until Sunday.