DVDVR Message Board

The "Sasha Banks is losing her smile" thread

She’s probably all booboo faced about having to lose to Alexa next week. Or her team losing the tag belts. Or whatever. She also got into it with Alexa on Twitter again last night. 

Shes nowhere near good enough to be the headache she apparently can be. But, if she put as much work into her in ring and promos as she does complaining about others getting opportunities before her, she’d be an all-time great. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Who knows what her personal reasons are. That said,  in keeping with the discussion about her career, she was easily the best female performer they had in NXT.  She was the most marketable star.  She was looked over while Charlotte was handed the keys.  Which probably would have been fine if she wasn't also looked over for Alexa and now people like Lacey Evans or the Mandy Rose push.   See a pattern here.  She is unhappy for the same reason why the New Day were unhappy and when Kofi and Big E and them said they were looked over and held back as a comedy act in part because they are black well..  unfortunately that is probably the case and everyone acting like that isn't the case is just looking the other way as Hulk fucking Hogan is brought back and thrown in everyone's face. 

Why should she want to continue to put over people who aren't better than she is?  She's done that now for years. Shit is probably getting old. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

"Booboo face"  sounds to me like  "shut up woman and do what your told" talk.  

Or: Professional Wrestling includes going out there doing your fucking job, even if that includes getting pinned by someone that might be lesser, because IT'S YOUR FUCKING JOB.  Be a fucking professional and don't give away the match because we all see that her and Bayley are all smiles when they're winning and they look like they want to be ANYWHERE other than walking to that ring when they job. 

If she doesn't want to continue, ask for her release.  I'm sure she's be fine taking a 100k a year deal then be happy when Cody tells her to go job to Britt.

Edited by Raziel
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 3

I have niners fan on ignore, but I got the gist from @Raziel. I’m not a big fan of anyone who’s as much of a Mark for themselves as Sasha appears to be. Male or female. And yes, she should do what she’s being paid to do. Regardless of what that entails in the ring. 

1 minute ago, Raziel said:

Or: Professional Wrestling includes going out there doing your fucking job, even if that includes getting pinned by someone that might be lesser, because IT'S YOUR FUCKING JOB.  Be a fucking professional and don't give away the match because we all see that her and Bayley are all smiles when they're winning and they're half-assing it when they job. 

How about if you've been doing that for 4 years already and the company is fucking up your pay check?  Because that's the reality of it. You can say "go do your job" all you want but I guarantee you Becky Lynch is making way more money this year than she ever did.  Why?  Because a push means you are going to sell more merchandise and that's where the money is.  The people who are higher on the card are always going to make more money.  

If I don't like what's happening at work,  I'll go find another job. I'll go somewhere where I'm appreciated. Somewhere where the hard work pays off. Maybe that's what's on her mind,  this is all speculation. 

Walking out with a visible shitty attitude every time you're booked to lose is essentially breaking kayfabe and going into business for yourself every time you're booked to lose. It's mind-blowing to me how so many give Sasha a free pass for it. 

• Like 1

If the company knows that she can't hide her disappointment when entering the arena for a match she's going to lose, why do they keep telling her in advance? Just tell the referee who's winning and let him* call the finish in the ring.

* Why don't they have any female refs?

1 hour ago, just drew said:

Or her team losing the tag belts. Or whatever. She also got into it with Alexa on Twitter again last night. 

Just looked this up. So petty. Getting blocked for acting like a dipshit is exactly how to system is supposed to work. 

Edited by West Newbury Bad Boy
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Just looked this up. So petty. Acting like a dipshit and getting blocked is exactly how to system is supposed to work. 

Yeah. Pretty sad. 

4 minutes ago, steve said:

I know Craig doesn't like it, but if anybody deserves to be called a stan around here.... ?

I'm tired of the double standards and I speak on Sasha more than Naomi and others because she receives the most hate on here by a mile. I was just posting about all the bullshit with Asuka all last week.  This has been going on for years now.  People want to praise WWE's efforts for what they've done with the women but then they expect the women to act like robots while the men can be unprofessional dicks and it's never brought up. 

Meanwhile Sasha,  Ruby,  Asuka,  Naomi,  Ember etc.  have nothing to do while Alexa and now Lacey Evans is in a feud with Becky,  give me a break. 

Edited by Niners Fan in CT
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

"Be a professional...  DO YOUR JOB..."  

200.gif

And there aren't many people that dont shit on HBK for pulling that shit.

14 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

They have one. She's probably doing a great job because you haven't noticed her. 

I noticed Taryn Terrell.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

4 years of being passed over.  If others can get frustrated and voice their grievances why not her.. 

I like Sasha too, but she's been the Women's champion multiple times. She was the first women's tag team champion of this new era. She was one of the best NXT champions and because of her work with Bayley they got to have their rematch go on last, which never happened before.

Every career has ebbs and flows to it. You have to give this shit about Sasha being passed over a rest though.

1 minute ago, Raziel said:

And there aren't many people that dont shit on HBK for pulling that shit.

The point is they have all pulled that shit. Hogan, Austin, HBK..    I didn't see people saying Revival should shut up on Twitter.  It was the opposite.  Most people here were on Revival's side and hoped that they would be granted their release and go work for AEW.   I just saw a whole page about how Cesaro is being held down.  We've had that conversation probably a million times on this board now.  So if me saying Sasha is held back is getting old,   the Cesaro posts have been going on since 2012.  

Here’s the thing; I hate feeling like I’m talking shit about Sasha. I dig her presentation. The “legit boss” thing is a good hook and I think she’s talented. But constantly complaining on podcasts and online about specific talents being ahead of you on the card is as unprofessional as it gets. I didn’t like it when CM Punk did it to the Miz and I don’t like it when Sasha does it to Alexa. That shit matters to Vince, too. He’s said it multiple times. And you can see a distinct pattern where guys have complained/made jokes online about their spot and gotten buried for it. (Rusev, Ryder, Tyler Breeze. I think it’s happening to Sanity right now, too.)

If you want to improve your spot, tweak your gimmick or alter something that you think is holding you back. Or, in the most recent example of a mid-carder getting elevated overnight, bust your ass for eleven years and then have the performance of a lifetime when it matters and the most eyes are on you. But showing the camera “booboo face” and attacking your peers on social media doesn’t do anyone any good...

• Like 2

Best thing for Sasha right now would be to walk and go be a big fish in the indy/AEW pond for a while.

Vince and co would pay her MASSIVE $$$ to comeback for the Horsewomen v Horsewomen story in 12-18 months and she would have a huge upper hand in negotiating because they can't run it properly without her.

Edited by L_W_P