Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board
Dolfan in NYC

SDL is Someone's Habit of Opening Threads Too Early - 4/10/2019

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I would have no problem with either of those choices but Naomi was going OFF on Twitter about her booking so who knows it seems like they gave her the "Zack Ryder" win at Mania a couple years ago and have no plans of revisiting a sustained push. Another blown opportunity. 

TBF, Naomi was going off on how the SDL women's roster, minus Becky and Charlotte, were being ignored. She's right. Several last-minute cancelled matches, her losing a 25-second match to Mandy Rose, no buildup for then champion Asuka leading into WM. 

She didn't blame Becky or Charlotte for that, in case that's a question for anyone. She directly replied to WWE when they announced the Women's Battle Royal. She made a lot of strong points, but the usual suspects came after her for the usual reasons, instead of acknowledging she was correct.

 

Edited by Burgundy LaRue
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Casey said:

The issue is giving her a chance to sink or swim in a marquee program with the woman who has been beating Charlotte for months, and just pinned Ronda Rousey. Again, it's like plucking someone obscure from NXT, put them on TV for a few months doing backstage skits, and then their first program (and maybe match?) on the main roster is against Seth Rollins or Kofi Kingston for the top men's title.

If you want to see if she can hang, okay, sure. There's plenty of other choices to see if she can be the face of a women's division on one of the shows if they're not keeping the titles unified. But to have her prove herself against the top woman in the company who is on a massive hot streak right now isn't fair to anyone. Becky deserves better than someone who has only wrestled two matches on the main roster (on Main Event), and Lacey probably doesn't deserve to get thrown into the deep end like this because if she fails, that's it.

I don't know why or how any of this is hard to understand. There's literally nothing unreasonable about any of this and it's perfectly logical.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

TBF, Naomi was going off on how the SDL women's roster, minus Becky and Charlotte, were being ignored. She's right. Several last-minute cancelled matches, her losing a 25-second match to Mandy Rose, no buildup for the then champion Asuka leading into WM. 

She didn't blame Becky or Charlotte for that, in case that's a question for anyone. She directly replied to WWE they announced the Women's Battle Royal. She made a lot of strong points, but the usual suspects came after her for the usual reasons, instead of acknowledging she was right.

 

Of course. I actually did see some of those tweets and it was more of the "you should feel lucky to even be on the roster" type shit that I see concerning the women. In another thread someone asked would I shit on my organization in public and first yes I would and have, we have a union I have no fear airing out my grievances and it's really not an apples to apples comparison,   wrestlers are entertainers just like musicians and athletes.  Entertainers shit on their record labels or owners or whoever all the time in this social media era. 

Edited by Niners Fan in CT
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I don't know people went absolutely insane over Bryan having to feud with Kane after winning the title or Bryan having to feud with Big Cass after his return or AJ Styles feuding with Jinder Mahal..   this is arguably worse than any of those.  People always say wait and see with these feuds and rarely do they turn out good. 

I thought the complaints about Kane feud were ridiculous back then as well. The Big Cass feud was less ridiculous but still a bit much especially since it ended with Cass squashed. I don't recall massive complaints about AJ/Jinder, just Jinder as champ before then. I'm nto sure how Lacey is worse than any of those when she is a far more unknown quantity compared to them.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Craig H said:

I don't know why or how any of this is hard to understand. There's literally nothing unreasonable about any of this and it's perfectly logical.

classic WWF progression, really.  You come in as a heel and you show what you can do while you beat Santana.  Then, if that went well, you got to beat Jake.  Then, if you're still hot, you get to make a bunch of money jobbing to Hogan.

by that measure, Lacey should be cheating her way to victory against.... Nattie?  Ruby Riott? these days

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Eivion said:

I thought the complaints about Kane feud were ridiculous back then as well. The Big Cass feud was less ridiculous but still a bit much especially since it ended with Cass squashed. I don't recall massive complaints about AJ/Jinder, just Jinder as champ before then. I'm nto sure how Lacey is worse than any of those when she is a far more unknown quantity compared to them.

There were many complaints about Jinder/AJ and definitely the AJ/Ellsworth stuff but I'm not even saying Lacey doesn't have potential. But she is clearly not ready to have a title match with the top star, we've seen her work she is not ready for that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For all we know, Becky destroys an inexperienced Lacey the same way Naomi destroyed an inexperienced Lana and then we all can move on with our lives.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Oh. My. God.

EC3 wrestled on the dark match.

He had a manager.

It was Drake Maverick.

The best part of all of this? 

 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The IIconics are growing on me and I like them.

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Ace said:

The best part of all of this? 

 

I don't care that she's right, I'm stoked for it to make tv anyway.

It probably won't.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

they need to keep that interviewer around just to be Billie's designated punching bag.  like how Coachman was at his best getting worn out by The Rock.

 

 

Edited by BobbyWhioux
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Eivion said:

I thought the complaints about Kane feud were ridiculous back then as well. The Big Cass feud was less ridiculous but still a bit much especially since it ended with Cass squashed. I don't recall massive complaints about AJ/Jinder, just Jinder as champ before then. I'm nto sure how Lacey is worse than any of those when she is a far more unknown quantity compared to them.

I think the only reason Cass got squashed the way he did was because he'd pissed Vince off and they'd already decided to fire him. IIRC, he was released within a week.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Ace said:

The best part of all of this? 

 

(1)that's funny. (2)I would rather watch paint dry then ever see EC3 again but who did that guy piss off? Dude looks like a Vince McMahon dream come to life and he can barely make Main Event? The one thing he does well is promos and he barely talks! Admit it, Ethan. You didn't shake the Ascenion's hands in catering!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

I think the only reason Cass got squashed the way he did was because he'd pissed Vince off and they'd already decided to fire him. IIRC, he was released within a week.

Probably, but it never felt like he was meant to come out of that feud successful regardless. Always seemed like more of a test for both him and Bryan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, BobbyWhioux said:

they need to keep that interviewer around just to be Billie's designated punching bag.  like how Coachman was at his best getting worn out by The Rock.

 

 

I think they're money. They are an actual women's tag team that have been a tag team since the NXT days and they are natural heels.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

I think they're money. They are an actual women's tag team that have been a tag team since the NXT days and they are natural heels.

They are great at everything wrestling but, you know, actually wrestling. But they aren't like completely worthless in the ring, and have shown decent improvement recently.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I could take of leave EC3.

Drake, on the other hand, is first in line among people who need to be allowed to show more personality on TV. Guy's an absolute pisser. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

I could take of leave EC3.

Drake, on the other hand, is first in line among people who need to be allowed to show more personality on TV. Guy's an absolute pisser. 

Pun intended?

EC3 is nothing special in the ring, but it's utterly baffling that Vince gave up on a guy with that physique, a decent amount of charisma, and very good mic skills, almost instantly.

  • Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Brian Fowler said:

They are great at everything wrestling but, you know, actually wrestling. But they aren't like completely worthless in the ring, and have shown decent improvement recently.

Frankly, I'm fine if they aren't A+ workers. I don't need everyone to work a 5* MOTYC every night. I think they are what the division needs right now. An actual women's tag team to carry the belts with an actual team name and branding. Great characters and mic skills, and they are natural heels. So they will be good foils to whoever comes after them. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TheVileOne said:

Frankly, I'm fine if they aren't A+ workers. I don't need everyone to work a 5* MOTYC every night. I think they are what the division needs right now. An actual women's tag team to carry the belts with an actual team name and branding. Great characters and mic skills, and they are natural heels. So they will be good foils to whoever comes after them. 

I mean, Boss N Hug was an actual tag team with a team name and branding as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

I mean, Boss N Hug was an actual tag team with a team name and branding as well.

Boss and Hug were always a makeshift singles team. IIconics have basically been teaming with each other and been the IIconics since their NXT debut. 

Edited by TheVileOne
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

Boss and Hug were always a makeshift singles team. IIconics have basically been teaming with each other and been the IIconics since their NXT debut. 

How long do they have to team to be "real"? They've been teaming pretty regularly on house shows for well over a year, and on TV for several months. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

I mean, Boss N Hug was an actual tag team with a team name and branding as well.

41eGaj2KUEL._SX385_.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

How long do they have to team to be "real"? They've been teaming pretty regularly on house shows for well over a year, and on TV for several months. 

I mean they didn't come in as a tag team. They both were established as singles stars first. The IIconics are basically the first true blue ground up women's tag team of this new era, other than maybe the Bella Twins if you count them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...