Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board
Dolfan in NYC

SDL is Someone's Habit of Opening Threads Too Early - 4/10/2019

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, Craig H said:

bootleg Charlotte

How is she bootleg Charlotte?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The simple as shit path to setup Lacey as an opponent would be to have her actually wrestle matches on TV. That way Vince and creative knows that she is or isn't more than another blonde with big boobs. If she turns out to have the talent to hang in there near the top of the card, awesome. That's great.

Meanwhile, you spend two months running Asuka vs Becky. After Becky beats Asuka the second time, she gets attacked by Cross and Cross basically winds up being her Mankind-esque nemesis. Once Becky dispatches Cross after some kind of falls count anywhere match, then you do Lacey vs Becky at Summerslam.

Or, gee, that gives you enough time to evaluate the talent you have and if Lacey is just an abject disaster, go back to Charlotte vs Becky or whatever. At least the storylines are there and built in.

I'd rather see any of that than your top motherfucking talent have to wrestle against someone who might fuck up badly enough to drag Becky down with her, or worse, injure Becky.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I hate to say it but Alvarez was right. I remember listening to the post-Rumble show and Dave was like oh it sets up the feud with Asuka perfectly and Alvarez said they won't do shit with that. 

Honestly that really is the moment where I should give up on WWE.  The angle makes perfect sense and Bryan is all "Fuck that shit."  And he was ADAMANT about it.  It DID set up an Asuka feud perfectly.  And here we are.  Ugh. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Eivion said:

How is she bootleg Charlotte?

 

Come on dude. Do you really need to ask that question?

I'll spell it out - similar looks to Charlotte, none of the talent or experience, but she fits that stupid fucking mold that Vince and presumably Dunn loves so this is what we get.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lost in all of this talk about how much the Lacey/Becky stuff is the drizzling shits is that Paige is likely bringing two debuts to either RAW or Smackdown next week to challenge the IIconics going forward. I know @Craig H will hate this, but the running theory on Reddit is Vanessa Borne & Aliyah. Others think it might be Candice LaRae & Kairi Sane, and the other guesses have been the Sky Pirates.

I'm just over here hoping for a Killer Kelly debut, but she's not exactly ready for the main roster either, much like Lacey Evans. But she's a lot closer than Lacey, that's for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Casey said:

Imagine if Kofi Kingston or Seth Rollins went out the night after WrestleMania, after defeating Daniel Bryan/Brock Lesnar, and their next challenger was EC3.

Daniel Bryan went from beating HHH, Orton and Batista in one night to wrestling Kane.  They obviously like to do a cool down feud after winning the title at Mania.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Sorry...duplicate post.

Edited by nofuture

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Craig H said:

Come on dude. Do you really need to ask that question?

I'll spell it out - similar looks to Charlotte, none of the talent or experience, but she fits that stupid fucking mold that Vince and presumably Dunn loves so this is what we get.

You can whine about Vince/Dunn loving blondes, but to call her bootleg Charlotte simply because of that is ridiculous. They are two different people, characters, and wrestlers. At this point you are just insulting both for no good reason.

3 minutes ago, Casey said:

I'm just over here hoping for a Killer Kelly debut, but she's not exactly ready for the main roster either, much like Lacey Evans. But she's a lot closer than Lacey, that's for sure.

Is she even signed to WWE?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, nofuture said:

Daniel Bryan went from beating HHH, Orton and Batista in one night to wrestling Kane.  They obviously like to do a cool down feud after winning the title at Mania.

You say that acting like Kofi isn't about to wrestle Kane.  If they want to make him a long term champion...it's happening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, nofuture said:

Daniel Bryan went from beating HHH, Orton and Batista in one night to wrestling Kane.  They obviously like to do a cool down feud after winning the title at Mania.

That's not the same at all. Kane is a proven upper to top tier roster member. A former World Champion, been around for years, had high profile matches and programs.

Lacey Evans has been on two Main Event tapings, a month apart from each other, and was in the 2nd Women's Royal Rumble match. That's it. She was on NXT TV only 21 times from 2016 to January 2019.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Casey said:

Lost in all of this talk about how much the Lacey/Becky stuff is the drizzling shits is that Paige is likely bringing two debuts to either RAW or Smackdown next week to challenge the IIconics going forward. I know @Craig H will hate this, but the running theory on Reddit is Vanessa Borne & Aliyah. Others think it might be Candice LaRae & Kairi Sane, and the other guesses have been the Sky Pirates.

I'm just over here hoping for a Killer Kelly debut, but she's not exactly ready for the main roster either, much like Lacey Evans. But she's a lot closer than Lacey, that's for sure.

Oh, I don't care about Reddit stuff. I will say that I don't buy the Borne and Aliyah rumor because it looks like they're going to start a program against Candice. Wouldn't be the first time main roster call ups created a headache for NXT creative, but I just don't see it.

By the way, there's a woman who is a fucking badass, a complete wrecking machine, the real one true beast incarnate and her name is Rhea Ripley.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Casey said:

Imagine if Kofi Kingston or Seth Rollins went out the night after WrestleMania, after defeating Daniel Bryan/Brock Lesnar, and their next challenger was EC3.

That's what this is like. Nobody would defend that.

Yes. Exactly.  That's what I was getting at earlier.. they have women with name value. They have women who can wrestle. They have women that are over. I don't want to make this about Sasha or Bayley so look at Asuka as was mentioned..  it was setup perfectly. Or look at a Naomi or Ruby Riot or Ember Moon or Nikki Cross. Or if you want to have a female come in and make an impact do something with one of the Sky Pirates or Bianca or Candice or literally WHOEVER. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

This is why squashing the Riott Squad was such a bad move. Becky, Ronda, and Charlotte are all over and squashing the Riott Squad didn't do anything to get them more over. Sarah or Ruby would have made for a really good post Mania feud for Becky. Sonya Deville and Mandy Rose would have been a step below, but still miles above Lacey. Nikki Cross would have been a great option if anything had been done with her since being called up.

I'd like to see another Ruby/Charlotte feud. Their Fastlane match last year was very good and they managed to show strong chemistry even in that 85 second 'beat the clock' match a couple of weeks ago, and it'd be a great way to establish Ruby as a face if they want to do that. (Plus Charlotte was the one person to promote Ruby as a threat to Ronda before Elimination Chamber, and judging from their comments during the Mania WatchAlong, the Riotts all like her a lot.)

 

Also, that IIconics segment/match was great, I loved their "FIIIIGHTING champions" promo and the Brooklyn Belles' '45-0' record. I know Sasha/Bayley were bummed (given their 'we're gonna lose' faces on Sunday), but maybe this could work out well.

Edited by RIShane
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Eivion said:

You can whine about Vince/Dunn loving blondes, but to call her bootleg Charlotte simply because of that is ridiculous. They are two different people, characters, and wrestlers. At this point you are just insulting both for no good reason.

Is she even signed to WWE?

Riiiiight....and they sport similar looks, except one is nowhere near as good as the other, hence "bootleg."

Call it whatever you want. Generic, name-brand, bootleg, K-Mart, etc. She fits a mold and a type when another woman fits that same mold is RIGHT THERE who is infinitely better.

Whatever, after Lacey, they're screwed when it comes to that look because anyone worth a damn in NXT cuts so much against the grain and I welcome that diversity 100%.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You guys know Lacey’s taking one of the belts off Becky, right?  That Becky didn’t come out with a unified title, or make any reference to choosing one show or the other almost definitely means that she’s going to drop one of the titles relatively quickly.  And back around February it was said that WWE ‘s post mania plans are to build the Women’s division around Becky, Charlotte and Lacey and that Lacey was in line for a Women’s title match at WM at one point before plans changed.  Add all that up with the fact that Evans has been kept very visible on TV the past three months and I’m pretty sure she’s taking the SD Women’s title off Becky, as early as  Monday or maybe the next PPV.  

What was with the Usos  tonight?! Jimmy got into the ring and seemingly fell down at one point.  Then he lifted his opponent up in the wrong position which lead to his brother coming in the ring and standing awkwardly, as he couldn’t do their double-team move.  Both of them slapped the canvas in frustration and at another point Jey seemed to trip on the ropes trying to leave the ring.  It was, at best, really sloppy and, at worst, unprofessional looking.  Really odd stuff.  

I feel like Strowman and MacIntyre being on SD and not Raw are signs that they’re moving while Bryan and Charlotte not being on SD could be signs they’re heading to Raw. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Should've just left Paige with Sonya and Mandy. Now she's just bringing in another team after the way she dumped them like nothing.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Come on dude. Do you really need to ask that question?

I'll spell it out - similar looks to Charlotte, none of the talent or experience, but she fits that stupid fucking mold that Vince and presumably Dunn loves so this is what we get.

So as I said somewhere on here over the weekend and I'm not just making this about race,  Kofi Kingston was so fucking over and the Mania crowd was diverse to say the least,  there were people CRYING over his title win.. it's perfect.   Vince has a whole fucking roster of women from all different backgrounds,  how is it that we keep getting Charlotte,  Lacey, Alexa, Mandy..   I'm not even saying they shouldn't be given an opportunity.  Obviously Charlotte is fucking great most of the time. But damn.  Can we get maybe a little diversity at the top of the card.. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, caley said:

You guys know Lacey’s taking one of the belts off Becky, right?  That Becky didn’t come out with a unified title, or make any reference to choosing one show or the other almost definitely means that she’s going to drop one of the titles relatively quickly.  And back around February it was said that WWE ‘s post mania plans are to build the Women’s division around Becky, Charlotte and Lacey and that Lacey was in line for a Women’s title match at WM at one point before plans changed.  Add all that up with the fact that Evans has been kept very visible on TV the past three months and I’m pretty sure she’s taking the SD Women’s title off Becky, as early as  Monday or maybe the next PPV.   

At this point I kind of hope Lacey does win one of the belts off of Becky just for the meltdown some here would have.

3 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Can we get maybe a little diversity at the top of the card..  

Naomi would be my preference in this case, or Shayna moving up.

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Naomi would be my preference in this case, or Shayna moving up.

I would have no problem with either of those choices but Naomi was going OFF on Twitter about her booking so who knows it seems like they gave her the "Zack Ryder" win at Mania a couple years ago and have no plans of revisiting a sustained push. Another blown opportunity. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Eivion said:

At this point I kind of hope Lacey does win one of the belts off of Becky just for the meltdown some here would have.

See there's a lot of this type of thinking on here lately and I get what your going for here but is it that crazy that people want to see the best wrestlers face the other best wrestlers?  Don't you think people would rather see Daniel Bryan fight Samoa Joe than Daniel Bryan fight Big Cass?   Apply that same logic to the women's division.  We want to see the best wrestle the best. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh. My. God.

EC3 wrestled on the dark match.

He had a manager.

It was Drake Maverick.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

See there's a lot of this type of thinking on here lately and I get what your going for here but is it that crazy that people want to see the best wrestlers face the other best wrestlers?  Don't you think people would rather see Daniel Bryan fight Samoa Joe than Daniel Bryan fight Big Cass?   Apply that same logic to the women's division.  We want to see the best wrestle the best. 

I'm fine with people being disappointed their favorites aren't getting pushed. I have an issue with people getting outright pissed over someone who is likely a minor feud for Becky getting a chance  before the serious shit starts. Beyond that there is this weird bs where people are pretending Lacey is one of the worst women in the company ignoring that most of the people here saw her as a perfectly decent prospect back in NXT before the main roster move which has seen her do little in the ring. I just feel like there is nothing wrong with waiting to give Lacey a chance to sink or swim, and that people are going overboard with the complaints.

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Eivion said:

I just feel like there is nothing wrong with waiting to give Lacey a chance to sink or swim, and that people are going overboard with the complaints.

I don't know people went absolutely insane over Bryan having to feud with Kane after winning the title or Bryan having to feud with Big Cass after his return or AJ Styles feuding with Jinder Mahal..   this is arguably worse than any of those.  People always say wait and see with these feuds and rarely do they turn out good. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The issue is giving her a chance to sink or swim in a marquee program with the woman who has been beating Charlotte for months, and just pinned Ronda Rousey. Again, it's like plucking someone obscure from NXT, put them on TV for a few months doing backstage skits, and then their first program (and maybe match?) on the main roster is against Seth Rollins or Kofi Kingston for the top men's title.

If you want to see if she can hang, okay, sure. There's plenty of other choices to see if she can be the face of a women's division on one of the shows if they're not keeping the titles unified. But to have her prove herself against the top woman in the company who is on a massive hot streak right now isn't fair to anyone. Becky deserves better than someone who has only wrestled two matches on the main roster (on Main Event), and Lacey probably doesn't deserve to get thrown into the deep end like this because if she fails, that's it.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...