DVDVR Message Board

SDL is Someone's Habit of Opening Threads Too Early - 4/10/2019

Dolfan in NYC

45 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

The end of The Wrestler is open to interpretation. Randy dives off the top and it cuts to the end. I think the Ram Jam was just a splash. It doesn't look like he was going for a headbutt.

We're also lead to believe he's suffering from a heart attack.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, nate said:

I appreciate that awesome discussion, I do.

But I'm so much the twat that i can't help but zero in on this part.

I anxiously await our coming debates on who should be the biggest GINAs in wrestling, only for some of us shitasses to get the thread shut down over ... well, what I presume would be "obvious reasons".

A deep dive for the Stern aficionados out there. I’m looking at you @MushroomJones

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

The end of The Wrestler is open to interpretation. Randy dives off the top and it cuts to the end. I think the Ram Jam was just a splash. It doesn't look like he was going for a headbutt.

I haven't watched it in a while, but I always figured as he was climbing the ropes his heart was completely giving out. The Ayatollah even tells him "lets just end it now, you've given them enough"

I hate that The Freak Accident appears to just be a set up move for the diving headbutt now. He should use that headbutt as like a desperation move when all else has failed. But I'm pretty sure someone showed Vince his highlights and Vince was all "GAWD DAMN PAL, LOOK AT THAT BEAST FLY THROUGH THE AIR" . It is an impressive headbutt. But I really hope he doesn't do it every single match.

A lot of people on twitter hate that Becky's first feud is with Lacey. Asuka is getting screwed over...again. But, Lacey if they really let her do the whole "be a traditional woman" schitck she could probably get some real heat from crowds. All we'll get is back and for sniping on twitter though.

It's possible Asuka and Becky are going to be on different brands come next week. Lacy is still green in the ring, but I get the impression this is a placeholder feud until things from the shakeup settle and a longer term program is established. Then again this company's booking of can't-miss storylines with the women has been utter ass for the past several months so who knows.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Phantom Lord said:

I haven't watched it in a while, but I always figured as he was climbing the ropes his heart was completely giving out. The Ayatollah even tells him "lets just end it now, you've given them enough"

It does appear he's having a heart attack, but we don't find out for sure. I like that it was left open like that.

It was a cool experience to be at the ROH shows, which ended up being called Double Feature, where the end scene of The Wrestler was shot. The Dover Theatre, where the shows took place was such a cool atmosphere. I wouldn't have minded ROH there again or other indies running there.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 1

WWE wrote themselves into a corner by having a billion legitimate face women on the roster and no heels.  The last thing you wanted to do post Mania was muddy Becky's waters by putting her against another face and split the crowd.  She needs a victory lap if you are going to make her the face of the company.  Lacey is a heel they haven't had to roll over and over like The Riotts (who have had to do this due a lack of depth) and has a gimmick that obviously works well with Becky's character.  That it won't be the 'best match' possible is missing the point.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Based on a couple of other threads on this board - I now have theories on which accounts Becky is using as a sock puppet around here

It's the one with ... sigh ... Becky boo.  boo. face. , isn't it?

16 hours ago, sydneybrown said:

Honestly that really is the moment where I should give up on WWE.  The angle makes perfect sense and Bryan is all "Fuck that shit."  And he was ADAMANT about it.  It DID set up an Asuka feud perfectly.  And here we are.  Ugh. 

It’s entirely possible and reasonable that they’re not going into a Becky/Asuka feud because they don’t want to have Asuka take another high profile loss.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I got the impression that his ticker stopped in mid-air.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, sydneybrown said:

Yeah...who made Becky tap out clean as a sheet at the Rumble?  Oh right, no one will buy it, she's not good at speaking English... 

I think you meant:

vince-mcmahon-1-696x392.jpg

"God damn pal, her english is TERRIBLE! I can't understand a god damn thing she's saying, and therefore nobody else in the entire world will understand her either! We can't have a main eventer who can't cut 20 minute promos. How will she get over without 20 minute promos pal?"

17 hours ago, Casey said:

Lost in all of this talk about how much the Lacey/Becky stuff is the drizzling shits is that Paige is likely bringing two debuts to either RAW or Smackdown next week to challenge the IIconics going forward. I know @Craig H will hate this, but the running theory on Reddit is Vanessa Borne & Aliyah. Others think it might be Candice LaRae & Kairi Sane, and the other guesses have been the Sky Pirates.

I'm just over here hoping for a Killer Kelly debut, but she's not exactly ready for the main roster either, much like Lacey Evans. But she's a lot closer than Lacey, that's for sure.

Paige should bring in some fierce 'anti diva' types. Give me Killer Kelly teaming with Rhea Ripley please and thank you.

Dressing Lacey in Wonder Woman colors is extra irksome to me. I just think this is a terrible ideaall around. So many matchesd you can run with and this is what creative rolls out? I thought she was terible when she was in the MYC and she's barely gotten better.

James

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Casey said:

Imagine if Kofi Kingston or Seth Rollins went out the night after WrestleMania, after defeating Daniel Bryan/Brock Lesnar, and their next challenger was EC3.

That's what this is like. Nobody would defend that, except for the people that don't like the champions involved or want to see "fresh match-ups", which at this point is just code for "WWE hasn't elevated anyone else to a position to challenge the top tier of guys and we'll take anything that's new even if it's shit".

Actually, Bryan sicking former protégé EC3 after Kofi would be a pretty cool angle.

Edited by mystman
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, J.H. said:

Dressing Lacey in Wonder Woman colors is extra irksome to me. I just think this is a terrible ideaall around. So many matchesd you can run with and this is what creative rolls out? I thought she was terible when she was in the MYC and she's barely gotten better.

James

I wonder how many women on the roster have done some kind of WW cosplay gear in recent memory. 

8 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

I wonder how many women on the roster have done some kind of WW cosplay gear in recent memory. 

Thread's about to get a whole lot sexier ...