DVDVR Message Board

SDL is Someone's Habit of Opening Threads Too Early - 4/10/2019

Dolfan in NYC

Today was all about false flags and teasing us with things that absolutely aren't going to happen. So we can all discuss THE RUMORZ~~ all week. 

They're seriously going to tease me with Braun-Joe like that?  God damn your black heart Vince. 

So was that enough selling from Becky, or do we need her to be completely knocked out? Good grief. She goes from holding her own against Charlotte and RONDA ROUSEY, to being punked out twice from Lacey fucking Evans.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Casey said:

So was that enough selling from Becky, or do we need her to be completely knocked out? Good grief. She goes from holding her own against Charlotte and RONDA ROUSEY, to being punked out twice from Lacey fucking Evans.

That was way too much selling. Lacey Evans shouldn't even be presented as a threat.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 3

I hope they actually go through with some of these teases. Drew on SDL would be a good change for him.

Kind of annoyed the Usos lost the belts to the Hardys. I just don't care to see the Hardys as champs in 2019.

Loved the IIconics segment.

Lacey putting Becky down was nice. It was good to see Becky actually sell it his time, but I'm still in the camp that Lacey needs a better finisher anyways.

1 minute ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Becky wins both belts at WrestleMania in the first ever women's main event.  Becky two belts. Riding high.  Let's capitalize on this momentum by having her feud with Dollar Tree Charlotte. 

Maybe, just maybe they wanted to have someone who hasn't been put down by Becky before, and would provide a fresh match up where the outcome isn't super obvious.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Maybe, just maybe they wanted to have someone who hasn't been put down by Becky before, and would provide a fresh match up where the outcome isn't super obvious.

I don't disagree with your point but can we get someone who can have a match in there?  You are forgetting there are like 20+ other women who would be perfectly suitable. There's a dozen down in NXT that are better. 

• Like 1

Meta booking call - Becky is going to fight/feud with every tall/busty/fit "undeserving" blonde on the roster (Evans, Brooke, Rose, Morgan, Lana) before finally getting some 'real' competition in 2x MITB winner Alexa Bliss.

I'd love them to build Ember Moon though and treat the Eclipse as a OHKO for anyone on the roster...

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Eivion said:

I hope they actually go through with some of these teases. Drew on SDL would be a good change for him.

Kind of annoyed the Usos lost the belts to the Hardys. I just don't care to see the Hardys as champs in 2019.

Loved the IIconics segment.

Lacey putting Becky down was nice. It was good to see Becky actually sell it his time, but I'm still in the camp that Lacey needs a better finisher anyways.

This is why squashing the Riott Squad was such a bad move. Becky, Ronda, and Charlotte are all over and squashing the Riott Squad didn't do anything to get them more over. Sarah or Ruby would have made for a really good post Mania feud for Becky. Sonya Deville and Mandy Rose would have been a step below, but still miles above Lacey. Nikki Cross would have been a great option if anything had been done with her since being called up.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 2

Yes this was much better for Lacey to actually seem somewhat effective. Personally I would've just switched the segments up. Have Lacey knock her down with a surprise right last night, then tonight Becky sees it coming and they get in a brawl like last night.

Hardyz/Usos was cool if short, I think the Usos are definitely going to RAW. I like the idea of "jobbing on their way out of the territory" which they did effectively in 2017 but don't recall as much last year so it was weird to have Drew and Braun showing up randomly tonight when both are guys I could definitely see moving. Drew coming off the loss to Roman and braun being one of the stalest guys on the roster but I would so hate to see Joe fed to him immediately. They seemed to be emphasizing the possible splitting of tag teams which sucks, since before that wasn't a thing when new day, gallows and anderson, etc went together.

Shane O segment was great. Iiconics squash was fun but the post-match celebration was the absolute best.

Edited by DreamBroken
  • Like 3

Depends how you view it. Lacey Evans is just about the only act on the roster that hasn't already been established as leagues below Becky. I'm into the feud, I don't see why people are moaning. They might have a decent match in their pocket. They need to give Lacy a mic at some point.

Edited by scatterheart
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I don't disagree with your point but can we get someone who can have a match in there?  You are forgetting there are like 20+ other women who would be perfectly suitable. There's a dozen down in NXT that are better. 

23 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

This is why squashing the Riott Squad was such a bad move. Becky, Ronda, and Charlotte are all over and squashing the Riott Squad didn't do anything to get them more over. Sarah or Ruby would have made for a really good post Mania feud for Becky. Sonya Deville and Mandy Rose would have been a step below, but still miles above Lacey. Nikki Cross would have been a great option if anything had been done with her since being called up.

Why is everyone pretending the poor rumble match is the only thing Lacey has done? She looked fine in NXT, far better than Mandy who has yet to have anything decent singles wise. Sonya is solid, but she is booked second to string to Mandy. They clearly don't see much in her beyond that relationship. Becky squashed Nikki last year. I actually agree about the Riott Squad, but its too little too late there with the damage done. They aren't going to call up anyone from NXT to waste away the time they have already put into Lacey. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Yeah...who made Becky tap out clean as a sheet at the Rumble?  Oh right, no one will buy it, she's not good at speaking English... 

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Here's an idea. Why isn't her first feud against the woman that just beat her clean as a sheet - ASUKA?!?

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Why is everyone pretending the poor rumble match is the only thing Lacey has done? She looked fine in NXT, far better than Mandy who has yet to have anything decent singles wise. Sonya is solid, but she is booked second to string to Mandy. They clearly don't see much in her beyond that relationship. Becky squashed Nikki last year. I actually agree about the Riott Squad, but its too little too late there with the damage done. They aren't going to call up anyone from NXT to waste away the time they have already put into Lacey. 

Looked fine in NXT might be a stretch. I'd say showed potential, but still needed a lot more work.

I just rewatched the Nikki/Becky match and it wasn't a squash. Nikki deserves more of a chance than a six minute match nobody remembers.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

2 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Here's an idea. Why isn't her first feud against the woman that just beat her clean as a sheet - ASUKA?!?

I hate to say it but Alvarez was right. I remember listening to the post-Rumble show and Dave was like oh it sets up the feud with Asuka perfectly and Alvarez said they won't do shit with that. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, sydneybrown said:

Yeah...who made Becky tap out clean as a sheet at the Rumble?  Oh right, no one will buy it, she's not good at speaking English... 

I said fresh match. Asuka/Becky has been done. Still could have been interesting, especially if they turned Asuka.

I'd love to know what "time" they've put into Lacey, unless we're actually counting these ramp walks as "time put in". It's basically the same as video packages, except it doesn't build her as a character at all. It's basically a walking, live version of Emmalina, but with a less talented wrestler behind the trash gimmick.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Casey said:

Nobody's excited about Lacey/Becky because Lacey Evans sucks.

Pretty much. And the notion that this is a good matchup because Lacey hasn't been presented as being below Becky is hilarious.

Let's recap exactly what Lacey has done to this point.

She had a completely shit showing in a Royal Rumble where the bare minimum she had to do was exchange forearms with the sisters and she couldn't even do that. Then her next bit was to just walk out unexpectedly and then...walk back...without doing a motherfucking thing. She looked like a fucking goof that creative had nothing for.

And the first time she is given something more than just strutting down the aisle is getting punked out by Becky last night.

How does any of THAT make it so that she isn't below Becky?

The other infuriating thing is that she stole on Becky last night and it did nothing. She does it again tonight and...now it's almost like Big Show's punch? Come the fuck on.

This feud already sucks because there's not even any continuity to it and Lacey is leagues below Becky when you can run back Asuka vs Becky to take up a couple months while Lacey does ANYTHING OTHER THAN WALKING TO THE RING AND BACK.

THIS SHIT IS FUCKING EASY. It's so ridiculously simple to book this shit and instead we're stuck with this bootleg Charlotte. All this reminds me of is Daniel Bryan getting stuck with shit opponents like Kane or Big Cass. I guess when you look at whatever shitty venn diagram that is, Lacey's right in the middle with their dead asses.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Eivion said:

I said fresh match. Asuka/Becky has been done. Still could have been interesting, especially if they turned Asuka.

Maybe not a fresh match, but certainly better than "not ready for prime time" Lacey Evans.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I hate to say it but Alvarez was right. I remember listening to the post-Rumble show and Dave was like oh it sets up the feud with Asuka perfectly and Alvarez said they won't do shit with that. 

Yep, I totally remember that. A lot of times Alvarez is wrong. The times where I instantly know he's right is when Dave argues back that it wouldn't be logical or he's stuck on his one track mind arguing about something literal. Those are the times where I know Alvarez is going to be right. I don't know why Dave thinks creative is always going to do the logical thing. And you can tell that Alvarez is trying to not be a cynic and he wants this shit to be good, but he's been burned so many times that he knows how this is all going to end. Dave should know that too, but he always takes the side that suddenly this will be the time where creative uses logic.

Imagine if Kofi Kingston or Seth Rollins went out the night after WrestleMania, after defeating Daniel Bryan/Brock Lesnar, and their next challenger was EC3.

That's what this is like. Nobody would defend that, except for the people that don't like the champions involved or want to see "fresh match-ups", which at this point is just code for "WWE hasn't elevated anyone else to a position to challenge the top tier of guys and we'll take anything that's new even if it's shit".

Edited by Casey
  • Like 5