DVDVR Message Board

Pinball

assfax

I'm drinkin' Buffalo Trace and the new Black Knight just got a gameplay reveal.

Upper playfield ain't blowin' me away on the premium/le.  Game overall looks kick ass on the pro though.   I also realize I'm insanely lucky to be within 45 minutes from Wizards World in Ft. Wayne.  They get all the new shit along with their insane existing lineup.  That place rules.  They finally got some Jersey Jack machines and I played 'em and wasn't super impressed. 

Pat Lawlor's Willy Wonka is going to be revealed on Friday.   Good week for pinball.

I'm on Pinside but I like this board more.

I'm pretty hyped for the new Black Knight - BK2000 is my all time favorite table.  Both that and Willy Wonka were at Midwest Gaming Classic and got good reviews.  There are a good number of bars with a decent selection of tables in the area, so I'm sure one of them will have both tables soon.

I played a few games of the new Munsters table last week.  That was pretty fun.  Still a fan of Iron Maiden and Star Wars.

Finally got to hit the infamous Sunshine Laundromat in Greenpoint last week between New Japan Matsuri and the DDT show in Queens- for those not in the know, it's a fully stocked bar with over 30 pinballs located in the rear of a laundry room, where the door is built into two laundry machines. All the new machines, including Beatles, Munsters, Deadpool, Batman '66 and even Total Nuclear Annihilation (sadly, the Munsters and TNA were both down). They clearly love their pinball... to the point where you press a pinball flipper to flush the john in the men's room. ? Definitely worth swinging by.

• 2 years later...

It would be nice if Stern would actually release new tables on the Stern Arcade platform.  Or give a license to Zen so we could get their modern games on a good digital platform (legally).

I'm hoping to actually get out an play some real pinball this week since I have a couple of days off.  My local pinball bar is closed due to COVID, but I have a bunch of points at Gameworks and they usually have a decent selection of tables.