DVDVR Message Board

2019 NBA Offseason Thread

Dolfan in NYC

It'll all be worth it if they can get Jason "No one who has worked with me has a single good word to say about me" Kidd as a lead assistant, though.

Depends on a few things:  

1) Does the lottery work out in Boston's favor.  (With the right slotting, Boston can have up to 4 picks in the first round)

2) Does Kyrie go to Brooklyn/New York/LA.  (With Kyrie in Brooklyn, that's a scary combo between him and Russell)

3) Where does KD go.  (He's opting out of GS. Does he come to Brooklyn?  With Kyrie?  With Russell?  Brooklyn is probably in the ECF in 2020, if not the Finals.)

4) Gordon Hayward.  (He was as bad, if not worse than Kyrie against the Bucks.  If he rebounds and puts together a run with him leading a group of super talented 22 year olds, Boston's a damned problem for years to come.  If he stays as shitty as he was... eh.)

On 5/8/2019 at 9:02 PM, Zimbra said:

It'll all be worth it if they can get Jason "No one who has worked with me has a single good word to say about me" Kidd as a lead assistant, though.

I still remember the legendary Pete Vessey being interviewed on FAN and saying about Kidd "He's a complete lowlife".

There seems to be a brewing tension between the analytic-heavy NBA writers/twitter and some NBA players, well mostly old NBA heads/players.

It's interesting to see how folks are reacting to recent twitter posts from David West and Lebron on the subject. Something to look at if you're into deep NBA cuts.