DVDVR Message Board

2019 NBA Offseason Thread

Dolfan in NYC

They really should have accepted the rumored offer from Miami for both Wall and Beal and start a full tank job. 

I wonder how much of this will eventually be blamed on Leonsis, who really isn't that much better than either Lerner or Snyder...

52 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Tim Duncan is joining San Antonio's coaching staff as an assistant. 

Seems logical.

I feel like he might be closer to Larry Bird than Magic Johnson as a coach

8 hours ago, RolandTHTG said:

This Boomers vs Team USA game is turning into quite the schmozz. 

Think there's only one all-star caliber player left on Team USA after Lillard and Derozan pulled out.

Several players are lined up to take the vacant spots, including Marcus Smart, Jaylen Brown, D'Angelo Russell and Julius Randle.

19 hours ago, Serious Darius Bagfelt said:

I'm sure a book the size of a quit smoking pamphlet from the doctors office will be thrown at them

Honestly, if it does happen, I could see my 'if you were caught tampering with a free agent contract, the old team can demand compensation" thing will be the most logical.

...so, more likely,  I'd expect to see the end result being "a 2028 second round pick that every NBA team had possession of at least once", finally stopping, of course, on the Kings. (Then the pick is proceeded to be picked on a European player who is stashed and never comes over.)

Edited by SorceressKnight

I somehow fell down a YouTube NBA rabbit hole and wound up watching a couple videos about the 95 Rockets.

First, people really underestimate how bad the East was that year. Orlando was the number 1 seed at 57-25. Seattle was the 4th seed out West with the same record.

But, more importantly, the Rockets that year simultaneously have an argument for being the worst champion in NBA history (6th seed! 47-35! After starting 9-0 they went 38-35 the rest of the way! After the Drexler trade they were 17-18!) and for having the best playoff run ever ((Beat the 60 win Jazz, 59 win Suns, 62 win Spurs and 57 win Magic)

Only one other team has beaten four 50 win teams in the playoffs. Nobody else has ever had their "worst" opponent have 57 wins.

But the best part is still David Robinson, admitting it's a crazy statement, then saying he thinks he actually did a good job guarding Dream, that it just didn't matter.

1 hour ago, goodhelmet said:

I still have nightmares, not dreams, about 1995. Let's not bring that up.

Well, the other weirdest season I've ever seen is 1999. Does that help?

• Thanks 1

And Hakeem had undoubtably the greatest postseason run of anyone ever. Hakeem carried that team on his back. And absolutely obliterated the MVP in the Western Conference Finals. 

We’ll  never see a performance like that from a center ever again.

• Like 1

The Thunder bought out Patrick Patterson, who is expected to sign with the Clippers once he clears waivers.

The Thunder have gone from looking at a 60-some million dollar luxury tax bill to being just under the tax.  Clay Bennett might hang a banner in the rafters for that