DVDVR Message Board

2019 NBA Offseason Thread

Dolfan in NYC

9 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Rockets reportedly are trying to figure out a way to get Igudola.

I don’t know. Last time Iggy was a free agent he met with Rockets first, then resigned with GS. So interest has always been there. I guess the question is if we get him now, or wait for buy out or trade deadline. 

I just want Chris Clemons on this squad. The real Summer League MVP. 

And hell, if Anthony Bennett can shoot 45% from 3 like he did in G League, why not?

I’m warming up to Russ on the Rockets. Way I see it, you stagger minutes like you did with Paul. Russ sits with 6 min to go in 1st, comes back at 9 min when Harden sits. Russ gets last 3 min of 1st and first 3 min of 2nd to run P&R with Capela and shooters against bench guys. Then when Russ sits, Harden comes back. Then at end of half and end of games, they play together. For regular season, that should work, and I don’t know how anyone can deal with Russ with the 2nd unit against bench guys. Playoffs, no idea. We’ll have to see how Harden and Russ work together. Regular season? I could see us with the #1 seed.

Reggie Bullock ends up signing with the Knicks after all

This deal is for 2 years, $8.2 million which a far cry from the $21 million the original deal was for

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Reggie Bullock ends up signing with the Knicks after all

This deal is for 2 years, $8.2 million which a far cry from the $21 million the original deal was for

You know what's "hilarious"?

The people throwing an absolute fit about Marcus Morris "screwing" San Antonio but not saying a peep about the Knicks screwing Bullock.

I don't think the Knicks screwed Bullock.  His physical turned up some hinky stuff and they re-negotiated their deal. 

Ben Simmons got his extension from Philly: 5 years $170M.  I hope he sends Jimmy Buckets a nice Edible Arrangement for freeing up that money for him.

So the Heat are so interested in Bradley Beal that they might be willing to take John Wall nightmare of a contract and injury with it.   If I was the Wizards I would jump all over it. 

Of course they being the Wizards don't want to because it all but eliminates  their small chances of getting 2 home playoff games where 60% of the crowd will be rooting for the other team 

I didn't think Miami could possibly match Beal & Wall's salary together, but you can do it with just Dragic/Olynyk/Jones.

Boy, Miami has a lot of terrible contracts.

1 hour ago, goodhelmet said:

Dude, how many siblings does Giannis have? The whole league is going to have at least one Antetokounmpo on the roster.

Dude, guess which NBA GM helped Giannis and his family get their Greek citizenship? ? ?

PS. Giannis has 3 siblings. Kostas, Alex and Thanasis.

Edited by Infinit

So the Wizards removed the interim tag from Tommy Sheppard so he is the full time GM now (Yes, I am giggle about how this whole process went)

They also hired Sashi Brown (who you might remember from his disastrous time with the Browns) and John Thompson III to work in their Monumental Basketball division. (Monumental Sports is Ted Leonsis' company that technically owns everything, Wizards, Capitals, Mystics, Capital One Arena, the TV Network, etc...)

• Haha 1

Speaking of the Wizards - they will be offering Bradley Beal the max extension they are allowed to do (3 years, $111 million) on Friday (when they are allowed to do so)

I haven't read how it works yet, but if Beal declines the extension, he'll essentially force Washington to trade him (at a steep discount, because they'll have lost their leverage).   

They've said if he accepts, DC will not trade him. 

Let's see how this goes. 

But that’s less each season than Beal could get by playing out his current contract then re-signing. It’s even less each season than Beal could get by playing out his current contract then leaving. And it’s way less than Beal could get if he becomes eligible for a super-max deal (either an extension next offseason or re-signing in 2021) if he makes an All-NBA team either of the next two seasons.

So, it’s hard to see Beal accepting an extension.

He’d get financial security. There’s always risk in waiting – injury, unexpected decline or something else.

But Beal is so talented and just 26. The NBA is also short on quality shooting guards. He’s in tremendous position to secure a max contract in 2021 free agency.

HA!

Oh God I can't breathe

“He’s got two years left on his deal, and he’s from Missouri and we are going to have to show him,” Sheppard told ESPN. “We need to show him that we are about building this the right way, that we aren’t going to have character-deficient guys around him. We are going to surround him with guys he wants to play with. He saw that right away in free agency with us bringing back Thomas Bryant.”

The Wizards brand new shiny GM is planning on selling DC to Beal with THOMAS FUCKING BRYANT!

8 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

What the fuck does him being from Missouri have to do with anything else in that quote?

And... Well, THOMAS FUCKING BRYANT

Isn't Missouri the SHOW ME state?

Well...they just showed him...something? Lol