DVDVR Message Board

2019 NBA Offseason Thread

Dolfan in NYC

Luol was a good dude. People thought he was a bust for several years, then he and Thibs got together and he got an All-Star game out of it. And several good contracts after that.

• Like 2

Never forget that Chicago's training staff almost killed him by having him get an unnecessary, botched spinal tap.

Dude was a beast in college, had a long and profitable career, and apparently invested his money well so he pretty much won the game.

• Like 1

It should also be noted that he did a lot of community and charity work. He and Noah were two guys that really stood out during that time period, trying to do good in Chicago. And he was always doing work back in Africa. It just seemed like he never stopped working on or off the court. 

That class of 2004 is a weird one. There's not many left from that group. Iggy, Dwight Howard, is JR Smith done? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Because he is delusional and thinks that now that Ernie Grunfeld is gone THE REBUILD IS FINALLY HAPPENING~!

I get that he thinks that, I just don't understand why. They have no cap space, having Beal is probably good enough to keep them out of the top five picks, and they really have any other significant assets.

21 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

I get that he thinks that, I just don't understand why. 

You put in 72 million over 2 years in front of anyone and they'll convince themselves of anything.

• Like 1

On 10/19/2019 at 7:24 AM, RandomAct said:

And of course the Pelicans have one of the worst training staffs in the league.?

They overhauled their training staff in the offseason and hired away the guy that kept Steve Nash's back from falling apart in Phoenix.

• Like 1