DVDVR Message Board

2019 NBA Offseason Thread

Dolfan in NYC

Rational basketball fan in my head: "Well I mean ... of all the guys available if he gets his act together this could work."

Basketball fan in my heart: "FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK this"

Edited by CSC
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Lawful Metal said:

Just wanted to point out that Giannis is playing like literal garbage in FIBA and getting shut down by 39 year old Brazilian dudes.

all he does is flop and shoot free throws.

garbage MVP

• Haha 4

36 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

Speaking of psychopaths:

EENSwEOVAAAD1bR?format=jpg&name=large

Yeah, he dragged a middle school girl on the internet for going to her dance recital.  That's Mamba Mentality.

I hope someone posts a reply telling him that if there was justice he would be a registered sex offender and ineligible to be within 1,000 feet of a girl's basketball team #AbrahamWashingtonWasRight

• Like 1

Shaun Livingston is retiring after 15 years, 12 years after the gruesome injury that almost required amputation.  I'm glad he got his rings and hope he enjoys his retirement.

On the other end of the spectrum Delonte West is apparently homeless and living on the streets of Dallas.  He was one of my favorites back in his Boston/Cleveland days and it really breaks my heart.  Mental illness is a real motherfucker.

• Sad 3

8 hours ago, Zimbra said:

I think the Nets' new court is very good.  They are clearly making a play for the typography nerd crowd by putting the team name in Helvetica on the baselines.

It's the same font used by the MTA. So more for subway nerds (like me).

• Like 1

Milwaukee has been fined $50,000 by the NBA for violation of the new tampering rules. 

Their violation was... Let's see here... 

Saying Giannis was supermax eligible next year. 

Clearly this Antetokounmpo dude is just not worth it.  They should trade him to Houston to rid themselves of this headache. 

• Haha 3