DVDVR Message Board

2019 NBA Offseason Thread

Dolfan in NYC

14 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Vince Carter to retire... After next season. Maybe.

Signed a one year deal with the Hawks, will be the first person to ever play 22 NBA seasons.

Assuming he makes it through the year - as long as he plays a game in 2020 - he will be the first NBA player to play in 4 decades

On 8/14/2019 at 1:13 AM, Brian Fowler said:

He's paying 2.5 billion for 51% (he already owns the rest)

That's half a billion more than Ballmer paid for the Clippers in whole.

And I remember when folks tried to argue that no baseball team would be sold for a billion dollars

BTW - the 2.35 billion number Dolfan had is what Forbes estimated what the Nets were worth (which at the time of the 2019 rankings was 37th of the sports franchises)

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Stop me if you've heard this one before...  DeMarcus Cousins just got hurt.

He's sustained a knee injury during a workout.  No word on severity yet. 

It's a torn ACL for Boogie.   I think it might be safe to say he's done for good. 

• Like 1

Okay the Nets sale is officially happening

Tsai is paying $1.35 billion for the Nets (he already spent $1 billion for his current ownership shares)

He is paying ANOTHER billion dollars to also buy the Barclays Center

The $2.35 billion that Tsai has spent on the Nets makes it the largest purchase price for an American professional sports team

On 8/18/2019 at 10:47 PM, Brian Fowler said:

The Grizzlies have granted Dwight Howard the right to have his representatives talk to other teams, including.... The fucking L.A. Lakers!

Man... if the 2019-20 Lakers can become the 2012-13 Lakers, I would be ecstatic.  

• Like 3

Assuming last year was just bad health, and he'll return to where he was the last few years before that, Howard is probably the best player of that group, but the fact that nearly every teammate he's had hates him, that seems like an issue.

Noah did play better last year than he had in quite some time. But since a lot of people are crediting that to him getting away from the New York nightlife, I'm not sure L.A. is much of a solution.

The other two... That's just dire.

Oh fuck that shit.  Dwight Howard leaving is what sent the Lakers on this downward spiral for the last 6 years.  I don't care if he might be the best option, you keep him as far away as fucking possible.

The fact that they are actually working him out is mind boggling to me.