DVDVR Message Board

2019 NBA Offseason Thread

Dolfan in NYC

13 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

He wants that super max he'll be eligible for then. Three years in the NBA is an eternity but unless this is a train wreck I imagine he finishes his career with the Clippers.

He won't be super max eligible. You have to be on the team that drafted you or that traded for you during your rookie contract. He will be eligible for a higher percentage of the cap due to 10 years of service. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cole Miner said:

He won't be super max eligible. You have to be on the team that drafted you or that traded for you during your rookie contract. He will be eligible for a higher percentage of the cap due to 10 years of service. 

Not only that be a player must

Then, a player must meet one of the following three criteria.

Be named to an All-NBA team in the most recent season or both seasons before it
OR, be named NBA Defensive Player of the Year in the most recent season or both seasons before it
OR, be named NBA MVP in any of the three previous seasons

This is why Bradley Beal doesn't qualify for supermax

Minnesota is not matching Memphis' offer sheet to Tyus Jones.  So he's a Grizzly now.  3/28 are the terms

GS is waiving Shaun Livingston.  No word on whether or not they'll retire his number too. 

• Haha 1

So, in as short as two years, both George and Leonard can opt out: (again, odds are they'll resign but if the Clippers have a bad-middling year, you can be sure that the rumors will start to rise

(From ESPN)

If both players become free agents in 2021, the Clippers would hold Leonard's early Bird rights and full Bird rights for George.

Based on that, LA could offer Leonard a four-year, $196 million contract and George a five-year, $254 million deal, according to ESPN Stats & Information.

11 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

It's not the Supermax, it's the 10 year veteran max. 

That's the one I was thinking of. One day I'll start to figure out all of the exceptions.

Tyler Herro has signed his rookie deal. 

This means he cannot be traded for at least 30 days. 

Barry Jackson says Pat does not want to trade Herro or Bam for Russ, which makes me think Justise Winslow is the centerpiece of the deal. Though a ton more has to happen for the deal to even remotely work. 

Although nobody is reporting they've tried, a lot of pundits are arguing Minnesota should try attaching a couple draft picks to Wiggins and whoever to match cap space and see if they can get Westbrook in.

On one hand, they'd be on the hook for the last year or two which might be ugly. On the other, he'd be a clear upgrade on both Teague and Wiggins, and it's not like Minnesota has any real history of attracting top free agents. Wiggins is in desperate need of a fresh start, and Presti has gambled before on athletic underachievers.

Plus, they have to be thinking about how to keep KAT in town already.

Considering Westbrook is going to have final say, I bet he'd rather sit on the sidelines and get paid in OKC than move to a team in the West that has no chance of getting anywhere in the playoffs.

At least he's got a shot at the Conference Finals with the right team in the East.

2 hours ago, jaedmc said:

If KAT didn't like sharing the stage with with Jimmy Buttler, I don't think he'll like playing with Westbrook.

Wasn't it mostly the other way around, that Butler didn't like sharing the stage with KAT?

Kelly Oubre Jr stays with the Suns on a 2 year, $30 million deal.

And I still love the Wizards fans trying to defend that horrible trade as THEY NEEDED TO DROP ALL THE SALARY IN THE WORLD!!!! ERNIE'S HANDS WERE TIED!!!

Guest The Magnificent 7

Butler liked Okogie from what I recall because Okogie plays hard on defense and gives a damn. 

This is the happiest DVDVR day of my life, fellas. I am dead.

Image result for all hail morey

Does OKC flip CP3 to a contender, take on some bad expiring contracts and get moar picks? Could San Antonio make it work?

Seriously, I love Liverpool and all but the NBA from the playoffs through like... August is the best of sports.

Edited by Oyaji
  • Like 4