DVDVR Message Board

2019 NBA Offseason Thread

Dolfan in NYC

The NBA is fucking wild man.  As it stands now I’d predict a Lakers/Clips WCF.  Jazz being the wildcard team that could break that up.

Sixers and Bucks are going to walk to the ECF this year. Loved what the Pacers did though. I’d say they will be the best of that next tier by the end of the season.

There is a clear power structure in both conferences and none of those teams have been to the finals as currently constructed. Kinda cool.

Lakers,Clippers, Rockets, Jazz is a super good and fun top of the West

Edited by Jrag
  • Like 1

The Clippers are sending Oklahoma City their unprotected 2022, 2024 and 2026 picks, their unprotected 2021 and protected 2023 first-round picks via Miami, and the rights to swap picks with the Clippers in 2023 and 2025, league sources said.

That's possibly one of the best hauls ever because who knows what the Clippers are like that far into the future. 

I would put the Clippers then Jazz at the top of the west followed by any of the Warriors, Lakers, or Rockets. That is a great, pretty close top 5. And yeah, as a member of the Bucks bandwagon in the east, I love this move. 

Oh and that Battle for LA Christmas game... What it do, baybeee!? 

From reddit:

So that earthquake earlier was Jerry West's balls hitting the ground goddamn.

Edited by Oyaji

4 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

I will die if the Rockets trade for Russ. Dead. This would make me the happiest man on earth. 

I would actually die if the Rockets trade for Westbrook. 

Actually, Paul George demanding a trade after all the love for OKC and Westbrook recruiting him just shows what a toxic fraud Westbrook is. Stat padding before wins, anti-clutch but really thinks he is. 

And how shitty is it that all these players that demanded trades to LA actually all ended up in LA. 

Woke up and I was totally confused about this news.  None of the NBA insiders had this possibility on their chart.  Haha.

I guess more should have been made of the report that Kawhi may have contacted Kevin Durant about teaming up with the Clippers before Durant signed with Brooklyn.  If true, it gives you a little insight on what Kawhi was asking for from the Clips.

The leaked stories that will come out of the Lakers and Raptors camps now will be entertaining and likely spiteful.  I can already see Kawhi's camp pushing "He didn't want to create another Superteam" angle for the Lakers and he never wanted to stay in Toronto, but I'm not buying the leaked stuff was a factor.   Kawhi's camp was playing the game behind the scenes, it seems, and got (mostly) what they wanted from the Clippers; I can buy that version. He knew about the Lakers and Toronto situations at the start of free agency so to hold off telling them the last couple of days, makes me wonder if they were being used as leverage to get the Clips to make a move.

Clippers need to "load manage" the hell out of Kawhi and Paul George.  Same with AD/Lebron.  Those guys (well, not Lebron until recently) whole season depends on them being healthy during the playoffs.  And yes, Beverly, a healthy Kawhi, and a healthy Paul George is a scary sight on the defensive end.  Sweet nightmares.

Next season will be grand.  New favors everywhere in the NBA.  And...we need to talk about the Russell Westbrook situation.

Edited by _MJ_
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, jaedmc said:

Does Miami sort out a deal to get Westbrook since the Wizards deal went to shit?

As a Knicks fan, I feel like this is the ultimate test of Dolan, and I'm afraid we're going to be locked in to 4 more years of Russ. The pieces have aligned too perfectly, and Dolan's gotta Dolan. Please someone, trade for Russ before we do, and I drive into a lake.

Damn, Toronto sports radio is playing all the breakup songs today. Just running a couple errands this afternoon I heard "Someone Like You", "thank u next", and "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together".

Lakers sign Cousins to a 1-year deal and have apparently re-signed Rondo.  Even though they lost the Kawhi sweepstakes, I think it may have been for the best because now they have depth.  This could potentially be the strongest Lakers line-up in nearly a decade.  

25 minutes ago, sydneybrown said:

Lakers sign Cousins to a 1-year deal and have apparently re-signed Rondo.  Even though they lost the Kawhi sweepstakes, I think it may have been for the best because now they have depth.  This could potentially be the strongest Lakers line-up in nearly a decade.  

It has a 60% chance of being a total train wreck and Cousins looked washed. Maybe he will be better his second year back.

• Like 1

60 percent might be low. Lebron has more career minutes than Vince Carter, and I know he is a physical freak and didn't have any college minutes, but prime Lebron is gone and aint coming back.. AD has proven he can't win with a shit cast, and after that their okay, but certainly not great. Baring another trade(and they are pretty much out of assets) they will be good not great, at best. Couldn't happen to a nicer franchise. Fuck the Lakers. . . .

Edited by Kuetsar

44 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

It has a 60% chance of being a total train wreck and Cousins looked washed. Maybe he will be better his second year back.

His per 36 minutes were actually really good last year, before the playoff injury. And him and Davis got along well. And presumably having a healthy off season means his conditioning will improve.

Rondo is still a weird fit, since James will be primary ball handler and Rondo can't shoot. But he does have a sky high basketball IQ and the options were dwindling quickly.

They're still pretty thin, but if Davis and James play at peak level, they're scary.