DVDVR Message Board

2019 NBA Offseason Thread

Dolfan in NYC

2 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

Rodman?

John Salley

That's not that hard. I heard an interview of John talking about replacing old ass Robert Parish in Chicago.

Edited by Elsalvajeloco
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

John Salley

That's not that hard. I heard an interview of John talking about replacing old ass Robert Parish in Chicago.

I had to look it up, but since that was cheating I wasn't going to spoil it. ?

1 minute ago, Kuetsar said:

I had to look it up, but since that was cheating I wasn't going to spoil it. ?

I knew he won in Detroit and at the end of his career in Los Angeles because he got like 15 TV shows out of that last one.

• Like 2

It's just an odd guy to be it. I'm not sure he even played any minutes for that Lakers team.

The only other guy I know off hand in the coach and player role is Phil.

The whole Butler-to-Miami thing is now a four team clusterfuck involving the Clippers and Portland.  No actual terms announced yet but it sounds like it's close.

Bucks get Wes Matthews on a vet minimum.  That's some solid depth I can get behind.

It's done.  

Miami gets Jimmy Butler

Philadelphia gets Josh Richardson

Portland gets Hassan Whiteside

LA Clippers get Moe Harkless and a Miami 1 ('21)

--

The Heat still need to waive Ryan Anderson and do a couple of other things to get under the luxury tax, but the Jimmy Buckets is coming to Miami.   So, basically, Miami waited and got a better offer. 

Word is Butler got the supermax extension offer from Philly and declined because he wanted to go to the Heat. 

24 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

It's done.  

Miami gets Jimmy Butler

Philadelphia gets Josh Richardson

Portland gets Hassan Whiteside

LA Clippers get Moe Harkless and a Miami 1 ('21)

--

The Heat still need to waive Ryan Anderson and do a couple of other things to get under the luxury tax, but the Jimmy Buckets is coming to Miami.   So, basically, Miami waited and got a better offer. 

Word is Butler got the supermax extension offer from Philly and declined because he wanted to go to the Heat. 

So you’re telling me there’s a chance ....

also:

I'll never understand this generation's fascination with super teams.  Kawhi doesn't owe anything to anyone he has proved he can be the guy and win,  he did with the Spurs and he did it with the Raptors.  

But still..   I'd prefer some parity. I know people will say in the 90s there wasn't parity and there's never been parity in the NBA but that's because each team had a star or two and it was proven over time which players were the best. 

NFL got that part right.  I say that as a 49ers fan where my team would have continued to benefit without a salary cap.  The salary cap was a great thing for the NFL. It's amazing that the Patriots found a way around it. 

This is about to get flooded when Kawhi to the Lakers becomes official, but Robin Lopez posted this upon signing with the Bucks (and reuniting with his brother), and we stan:

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I hope it's true although I'm not taking word from RDAmbition. No offense to Mr. Ambition; he could have damn good sources.

Also, I'm definitely that guy that Niners pointed out that will say this whole idea of parity in "back in the day" is bull. 

Even if Kawhi goes to the Lakers, next season is going to be wild as hell.  And the Lakers are the perfect villain.

1 minute ago, _MJ_ said:

Also, I'm definitely that guy that Niners pointed out that will say this whole idea of parity in "back in the day" is bull. 

It's not really parity..  it's more that Jordan was the best and people wanted to see if he could be beat by Ewing's Knicks or Hakeem's Rockets or Barkley's Suns.   It wasn't "let's see if Jordan/Hakeem/Barkley's Bulls can beat David Robinson's Spurs."