DVDVR Message Board

2019 NBA Offseason Thread

Dolfan in NYC

Warriors got back an all-star guard in D-Lo so they did good but after he takes the 4/117 they are going to have a hard time filling out the rest of the roster.  It'll be a fun team but I don't know if I'd call them a contender again just yet.  

Kawhi is the final piece of the puzzle..    either the Clippers or the Lakers are going to be fucked. Pretty much every star and solid role player has been signed up now.  Loser of this will get nothing.  Toronto has no cap space so they had no choice but to sit and wait. 

It amazes that there are ANY media members who can't see something that is painfully obvious: Top level players are avoiding the Knicks at all cost because of James Dolan. He's done lots of terrible things but I think the whole thing with Oak (who is a guy players respect a ton) put the Knicks on everyone's shit list. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

I get the Knicks signing Bobby Portis. I get the Knicks signing Julius Randle.

I don't get the Knicks signing Bobby Portis and Julius Randle.

And Taj Gibson. What a rotation.

• Haha 2

Man, the Pelicans are absolutely killing this off-season. A bunch of young talent, the most exciting prospect in years, and a nice group of veterans to hold the kids' hands.

David Griffin has maximized their lottery luck and trading Davis to do in one off-seaaon what Demps failed to for AD's entire career.

• Like 1

Whyyyyy? He's now been not good for longer than he was good. It's a one year gamble though and they didn't sell the farm even if Harkless was pretty great defensively in the playoffs. Nurk can't get back quick enough. 

Miami still right up against the cap? My friend said Riley would find a way to low key land Kawhi and I joked he'd first have to fund some sucker to take Whiteside. ?

If Leonard goes to the Lakers, both he and LeBron can chase membership in a very exclusive club: players that have won titles on three different teams. There are only 2, and one of them is not someone you'd guess off hand.

(If winning as a coach or player counts, the list grows a little, but not much)

Either of them could also theoretically become the first player to win Finals MVP with three different teams.

------------

I don't want to put any pressure on Sekou Doumbouya, but Kawhi Leonard (the Finals MVP) and Giannis Antetokounmpo (league MVP) were both selected 15th overall. So, hey...

JJ Barea will go back to Dallas on a vet minimum because of the gypsy curse that will instantly strike him if he tries to play for another team.

I'm not feeling great about the Bucks for next year.  Basically rolling out the same team but without Brogdon, Snell, or Mirotic isn't going to get it done, even in the east.  Maybe Donte Divencenzo will get really good?

16 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

If Leonard goes to the Lakers, both he and LeBron can chase membership in a very exclusive club: players that have won titles on three different teams. There are only 2, and one of them is not someone you'd guess off hand.

(If winning as a coach or player counts, the list grows a little, but not much)

Either of them could also theoretically become the first player to win Finals MVP with three different teams.

------------

I don't want to put any pressure on Sekou Doumbouya, but Kawhi Leonard (the Finals MVP) and Giannis Antetokounmpo (league MVP) were both selected 15th overall. So, hey...

Robert Horry?  Rockets, Spurs, Lakers?