DVDVR Message Board

2019 NBA Offseason Thread

Dolfan in NYC

On 6/26/2019 at 8:42 PM, Zimbra said:

It's especially dumb because with the new lottery odds a lot of teams would be better off missing the playoffs than getting swept by a 1 seed.

Honestly, that just says any good postseason play-in tournament needs to have the obvious patch of "The lottery is no more. The teams that make it to the finals get the 1 and 2 picks, winning team picks their opponent." 

48 minutes ago, elizium said:

Probably not surprising you forgot about Iverson, since it only lasted like half a season. Based on this season, it looks like Rose has more left in his tank than that. 

Fuck. I really did forget about that disaster.

Hell, if it's only for a couple years, why not? They aren't in the hunt for a star, they have a ton of cap room, and have a bunch of young bouncy guys that will need spacing.

And it comes off the books halfway through Zion's first deal, where they could theoretically be one of two pieces away from contending.

• Like 1

Houston signed Gerald Green and Danuel House. House was in the starting lineup for the post all star break run that was the best in the league. So, barring Kawhi to the Lakers, and GS in free fall, there’s no reason why the Rockets can’t finish with the top seed in the West with a starting lineup of Capela / Tucker / House / Harden / Paul with Gordon, Green, Shumpert and whatever bigs they go with, including G League MVP Isaiah Hartenstein. I think Rivers and Faried are gone. I expect Gary Clark to contribute and I’m high on UFA 5’9” Chris Clemons to be a Lou Williams type.

we never needed Jimmy anyway. He ain’t winning shit in Miami in hard cap hell

• Haha 2

Yup, Utah is winning the offseason if that's a thing. If they don't have their usual shitty first few months of the season I would not be surprised to see them take the west.