DVDVR Message Board

2019 NBA Offseason Thread

Dolfan in NYC

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Btw, this old take popped back up on the twitter box.  

I remember people seriously making this argument. 

I wish the Cleveland Cavaliers had been part of that group.

• Like 2

I like Kemba a lot, and he's a good move for them.

But the idea twelve months or so ago that they might head into 2019-2020 with Kyrie/AD/Horford/Hayword (and maybe even hold on to Tatum) makes this a letdown. Especially because Hayward's recovery seemed not to go great, and Tatum and Brown both seemed to regress.

Kawhi has meetings set with Toronto and both L.A. clubs. The Knicks are trying to get a meeting.

Lakers reportedly are targeting Leonard and Kyrie more or less equally...

So I heard Durant thinking about suing GS for pressuring him to play hurt. Iguodala admitted GS called his injury a bone bruise when it was really a fracture. Any truth to any of this? Because pressuring KD and Klay to play hurt is what led to their major injuries.

It's the sort of thing that would get one blackballed from the Association in an earlier era.  However, if Klay joined him.... Oh boy would it get interesting quick. 

James Dolan should bankroll the whole thing. 

The odds of Durant suing the Warriors are so small that they could only be displayed with scientific notation.  The odds of him winning such a suit are several orders of magnitude smaller than that.

Nike debuted Giannis' signature shoe and clothing and now I'm fucking furious that I have to wait a week to buy this shirt

D-ItofQWwAEsXv_.jpg

10 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

I like Kemba a lot, and he's a good move for them.

But the idea twelve months or so ago that they might head into 2019-2020 with Kyrie/AD/Horford/Hayword (and maybe even hold on to Tatum) makes this a letdown. Especially because Hayward's recovery seemed not to go great, and Tatum and Brown both seemed to regress.

The big loss is definitely Al Horford.  He makes things go on both ends.  If they do sign Kemba he can replace what 85% of what Kyrie does and maybe be a better fit and less of a headache?  I'm not worried about Brown he had a great second half of the year.  I am more concerned with Tatum because while some will just blame Kyrie,  the dude wasn't attacking the basket at all for some reason and he appeared to lose confidence in his all around game.  

Hayward is coming into year 2 after the injury.  The best they can hope is he returns to 90% of what he was in Utah.  Boston could still get a big with the MLE. 

30 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

Those Giannis shoes are so good. 

I'm not even really a sneaker guy, but they did custom colorways for the 3 brothers and I want all of them:

• Like 1

The Nuggets exercised the $30 million option on Paul Millsap

Somehow Denver is able to do that, keep its midlevel exception AND not go into the luxury tax