DVDVR Message Board

2019 NBA Offseason Thread

Dolfan in NYC

18 hours ago, Infinit said:

Soooo....word on the street is that Kawhi enrolled his daughter at a school in Toronto for next year. 

Seems to be the growing sentiment that Kawhi may take a 2 year deal in Toronto and gamble he stays healthy so he gets his 10 years service in the league and qualifies for a higher percentage of the cap.  I don't know exactly how it shakes down

Yeah.  Norman Powell (for frig sakes) is Toronto's only long term contract.  Toronto has shown they are willing to work with Kawhi regarding his health. I don't know his status with his leg but a short term deal isn't out of the question. Then he can sign somewhere else big money and term and they can deal with his probable diminished health

On 6/15/2019 at 6:58 PM, Oyaji said:

But I guess this is just setting up Davis for the supermax next year. So yeah, if that's the case, then I don't think it's bad from an LA perspective at all. Health and who they surround them with are the big question marks now.

They basically have LeBron, AD, and Kuzma. Vets will come crawling and but how many mid-level guys can they sign?

So... the thing about this...

Apparently Rob Pelinka is very, very bad at his job. They are desperately trying to get NO to not make the trade official until July 30th because if they make it official on the 6th, the amount of cap space the Lakers have left goes down dramatically and they won't have the cap space to get another max guy, which is their aim.   

Currently the Lakers have Lebron, Davis, Kyle Kuzma, and this things named Mo Wagner, Isaac Bonga, and Jemerrio Jones under contract.  Those last three are going to have to go along with money or a late pick AND Davis is going to have to waive his trade kicker (worth $4.1M) in order to get a max contract slot.   And *then* they've got to sign a bunch of has beens who are chasing a ring to play for the vet minimum or the MLE.  

• Haha 3

Dick Vitale (???) may have just broken a huge trade, with New Orleans receiving Miles Turner and the #10 pick by flipping the #4 pick to Atlanta, who flips #8 to Indiana.  

(BUT -- it looks like he just misread a BSG "what if" tweet, and thought it was breaking news.)

That's a weird move for New Orleans. I thought they wanted to move #4 for someone that can contribute immediately.

Then again, there's a big drop off after #2, and they might possibly wind up with the better player at #8 than #4.

Pistons sent Jon Leur to Milwaukee for Tony Snell and #30.

8 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Pistons sent Jon Leur to Milwaukee for Tony Snell and #30.

That Snell contract sucks and while the Leur one ain't much better it's at least a year shorter. 

7 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

That Snell contract sucks and while the Leur one ain't much better it's at least a year shorter. 

It's a win-win deal. Bucks get salary relief ($4 million in 19-20, $12 million in 20-21) while the Pistons get a wing who can at least be a rotation piece for them, and a draft pick that might turn out lucky for them.

And Detroit can deal with Snell's contract for those two years because they're capped out anyway and are highly unlikely to be able to add a wing as good as even Snell anytime in the near future with vet minimum or mle being their only options.

John-Wick-backround-extra-looking-ass

Speaking of Draft fits, Jaxson Hayes is dressed the manager of a Ramada but does have the Sideshow Bob piece so it works

D9i5HVDX4AAsA0J.jpg

And Darius Garland dressed like a business-casual Jedi

D9iz-UbXYAEj8Qa.jpg

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Well, the Heat apparently drafted a 14 year old with matching fashion sense. ?

He's perfect for Miami. 

I would totally make this my new New Year's suit (currently it's a black velour number with an embossed, black paisley pattern). I'd probably stick with a tie and not a chain, but who am I to question fashion?

Edited by elizium

30 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

He lost 20 lbs since the season ended and he was already deemed too weak.

Tacko Fall fell. ?

I can't imagine him being a rotation piece at that level, but I'd love someone to give him a chance.

Was hoping Zion would fall to the Rockets, even though they didn’t have a pick. ?

We did sign Chris Clemons. He’s 5’9” but can score like a motherfucker. He’ll be fun in summer league and D-league. We might have signed Shamorie Ponds too, but I’m not exactly sure.