DVDVR Message Board

2019 NBA Offseason Thread

Dolfan in NYC

Does Zion make AD reconsider? Or do the Knicks try to use number 3 in a package still for Davis, and the Pelicans can go with two Duke studs that are presumably friends, and Holiday as their babysitter?

11 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

I already received a notification that no, AD is not going to reconsider and he still wants out within minutes of the lottery going down. 

I just got one saying the same

Almost certainly a minimum of five. His initial two years, team options for years three and four, then restricted free agency where he can either sign an extension, sign the qualifying offer and play one more year without any really insurance against injury, or sign an offer sheet elsewhere that the Pelicans will almost certainly match.

I'm already seeing people say Zion should have his agent put out word that he won't play for New Orleans.  Well,  why have this many franchises then?  If all people wanna see is dudes in big markets why should the other teams exist?  

I think it's hilarious the Lakers and Knicks struck out. They mismanaged the hell out of their franchises for years now,  with the Knicks they're working on decades of incompetence. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Lakers moved up 7 spots, they did not strike out by any measure

I think the main takeaway from this is that the Knicks and Lakers lost leverage, because now that the Pelicans are getting Zion and teams can't use a pick to get him as a cornerstone for an offer.

Basically the Pelicans getting that pick probably eliminates the Knicks from the AD trade running, for instance.

8 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I'm already seeing people say Zion should have his agent put out word that he won't play for New Orleans.  Well,  why have this many franchises then?  If all people wanna see is dudes in big markets why should the other teams exist?  

I think in the case of New Orleans it's more just the bad/weird ownership situation. It's partially why the AD trade didn't happen before the deadline.

4 hours ago, El Dragon said:

I think the main takeaway from this is that the Knicks and Lakers lost leverage, because now that the Pelicans are getting Zion and teams can't use a pick to get him as a cornerstone for an offer.

Basically the Pelicans getting that pick probably eliminates the Knicks from the AD trade running, for instance.

Knox, the third pick, and whoever to round it out might still be the best package the Pelicans can get.

I predict AD to LA for the 4th pick and any number of those young guys. Knicks trade up a spot to land Ja.

Also. Stephen A is the best promo guy in any business.

Edited by Jrag
  • Haha 1

I can't imagine the Grizzlies giving up the #2 unless the Knicks make a flat out stupid offer.

Hell, Utah and Detroit are both reportedly already kicking around a Conley trade

1 hour ago, Contentious C said:

Looks like Tyreke Evans might have been eating a few too many of Redd Foxx's powdered donuts.

For context

This afternoon, the NBA announced that Pacers guard and former rookie of the year Tyreke Evans has been “dismissed and disqualified from the league for violating the terms of the NBA/NBPA Anti-Drug Program.” The league said he will be eligible to apply for reinstatement in two years.

No more information about Evans’s dismissal was publicly disclosed. Evans has never been previously suspended from the league for any drug-related offenses, so his punishment only fits with the terms of the NBA’s Collective Bargaining Agreement if he tested positive for what the league defines as “drug of abuse.” per the CBA, “If a player tests positive for a Drug of Abuse during Random Testing or Reasonable Cause Testing, he will be dismissed and disqualified from the NBA.” The league’s list of Drugs of Abuse is as follows: “amphetamine and its analogs, benzodiazepines, cocaine, GHB, ketamine, LSD, opiates, and PCP.”

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

For context

YAY STUPID AND POINTLESS WAR ON DRUGS!!! The monsters depriving this guy of his livelihood for using drugs can go burn in hell.

Edit: The monsters throwing people in prison for using drugs can also go burn in hell.

Edited by sabremike
  • Like 1