DVDVR Message Board

UFC 236: Holloway vs. Poirier II (4/13/2019) - Atlanta, GA (State Farm Arena)

Elsalvajeloco

HELL YEAH! HELL YEAH!!!

Dustin has earned this shit with some phenomenal performances in the toughest division. Give me Dustin vs. Khabib, though I feel like the latter takes it. The fight I'd love to see is Poirier vs. Ferguson if Tony can get his shit together. 

Just now, twiztor said:

loved this fight. was pulling for Max, but he just couldn't handle the power/damage of Poirier.

The key was Dustin avoided a lot of those punches in those combos. He would get hit with one but rarely would Max land that two.

Between these two guys, it is hard to root against either of them.  Dustin Poirier has been one of those guys who always seemed to slip on a banana peel as soon as he became a contender.  I'm legitimately happy for that guy.  

This was an all-time great show.  I'm pretty sure Adesanya/Whittaker is the best fight that the UFC can make right now.  There is no way that isn't a barn burner.  

6 minutes ago, supremebve said:

Between these two guys, it is hard to root against either of them.  Dustin Poirier has been one of those guys who always seemed to slip on a banana peel as soon as he became a contender.  I'm legitimately happy for that guy.  

This was an all-time great show.  I'm pretty sure Adesanya/Whittaker is the best fight that the UFC can make right now.  There is no way that isn't a barn burner.  

If Israel is ready to go in the summer, he will be fighting Robert in August fingers crossed. In September, it will be Khabib vs. Poirier if Dustin isn't too badly beat up.

Last two fights were insane and definitely delivered after an underwhelming main card. Alan Jouban throwing a hissy fit after his garbage fight was hilarious.

Max Holloway moving back down and focusing on featherweight for now is probably for the best, but I hope his weight cut will be OK.

7 hours ago, TheVileOne said:

Last two fights were insane and definitely delivered after an underwhelming main card. Alan Jouban throwing a hissy fit after his garbage fight was hilarious.

Apparently he was throwing a fit backstage as well.  I don't get what he thinks he accomplished in that fight.  He refused to engage for most of the fight, and when he did he got cracked in the face for it.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, supremebve said:

Apparently he was throwing a fit backstage as well.  I don't get what he thinks he accomplished in that fight.  He refused to engage for most of the fight, and when he did he got cracked in the face for it.  

he definitely threw a fit backstage.

34 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

he definitely threw a fit backstage.

He stood there and explained how he lost.  He stayed out of punching range, didn't cut off the cage, but occassionally he'd close the distance and Grant would evade his punches and hit him with a couple good counters.  Jouban was unable to get anything going, because Grant punished him anytime he got close.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Since he is one in real life, Jouban should really adopt Rick Martel's model gimmick.

Alan Jouban vs. Elias Theodoro in a match where it's against the rules to hit your opponent in the face.  The winner gets a date with Paige Van Zant.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, supremebve said:

Alan Jouban vs. Elias Theodoro in a match where it's against the rules to hit your opponent in the face.  The winner gets a date with Paige Van Zant.

Given that they're sliding Maycee Barber into PVZ's role and she herself is kinda heelish, I think Maycee Barber would be a better candidate for the stip match.