DVDVR Message Board

UFC 236: Holloway vs. Poirier II (4/13/2019) - Atlanta, GA (State Farm Arena)

Elsalvajeloco

Just now, Oyaji said:

Honestly, the only full fiver title fight I can think that is in this sphere is Lawler/MacDonald.

Lawler finished MacDonald...unless you're thinking about Lawler/Condit but both of those fights are right up there in the best fights ever conversation.  

Honestly, I think I would have shit myself if Adesanya would have finished that triangle.  

Just now, supremebve said:

Lawler finished MacDonald...unless you're thinking about Lawler/Condit but both of those fights are right up there in the best fights ever conversation.  

Honestly, I think I would have shit myself if Adesanya would have finished that triangle.  

Shit, yeah. I guess fights that went into the fifth? The Condit fight is close too. 

That was special and then brother got me with that moment with his coach. Wow. I really hope people didn't let the switch to ESPN+ get in the way of seeing this. That would be such a shame.

• Like 1

This fight could be something really special too. Be still my beating heart. 

edit: oh fuck, 100 points go to Poirier for music selection.

Edited by Oyaji

2 minutes ago, Setsuna said:

Call me crazy, but I still think Holloway takes this one in the championship rounds.

Historically, that's how he wins...and Poirier has been known to fumble as he's crossing the goal line.  

5 minutes ago, supremebve said:

Historically, that's how he wins...and Poirier has been known to fumble as he's crossing the goal line.  

I get that but I didn't expect him to get thst damaged in the first. He's starting to turn it on now though.