DVDVR Message Board

UFC 236: Holloway vs. Poirier II (4/13/2019) - Atlanta, GA (State Farm Arena)

Elsalvajeloco

Well, it took until the third round for Khalil to slow down. That's better than the usual, like mid first round. Better pacing and conditioning but still getting tired and that's okay if he's dealing this kind of damage through 2.5 rounds.

Just now, Elsalvajeloco said:

I'm adding Eryk Anders to the list of people who need to go to a better MMA gym.

I agree 100%.  That dude is about as good of an athlete as there is in the UFC, he's tough as nails, but he's hit a wall at his current camp.

Is Rich Franklin now underrated as a fighter?  He was the best middleweight in the world until Anderson Silva came along and went on one of the greatest runs of all time.  

I know it's one of Rich Franklin's career highlights, but the UFC production team made a concerted effort to show Nate Quarry getting fucked up. 110% level of petty right there.

This fight intrigues the shit out of me.  Isreal Adesanya is really dynamic, and skilled, and technical, and all of that shit...but Kelvin Gastellum is just a wrecking ball who isn't going to give a fuck about any of his skills.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, supremebve said:

I agree 100%.  That dude is about as good of an athlete as there is in the UFC, he's tough as nails, but he's hit a wall at his current camp.

Is Rich Franklin now underrated as a fighter?  He was the best middleweight in the world until Anderson Silva came along and went on one of the greatest runs of all time.  

People would argue Busta or Hendo pre-Andy but PRIDE didn't establish a proper MW division until two years before their demise. Middleweight was pretty scattered before 2008/2009 which is why you had a number of solid and decent fighters outside the UFC and Elite XC/Strikeforce and many feeder orgs being able to utilize those guys on their cards.

Edited by Elsalvajeloco

1 minute ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

People would argue Busta or Hendo pre-Andy but PRIDE didn't establish a proper MW division didn't until two years before their demise. Middleweight was pretty scattered before 2008/2009 which is why you had a number of solid and decent fighters outside the UFC and Elite XC/Strikeforce and many feeder orgs being able to utilize those guys on their cards.

I think Franklin smashes Bustamante in their primes, but his fight with Hendo was pretty damn close.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jaedmc said:

Gastelum's violence boner is making me uncomfortable.

Gastelum's only response to getting hit is to hit you back harder.  This is exactly what I expected this fight to be, and I'm loving it.  

• Like 2

Just now, supremebve said:

Gastelum's only response to getting hit is to hit you back harder.  This is exactly what I expected this fight to be, and I'm loving it.  

Fight is great but I'm talking about his literal pants tent. It looks ridiculous.