DVDVR Message Board

UFC 236: Holloway vs. Poirier II (4/13/2019) - Atlanta, GA (State Farm Arena)

Elsalvajeloco

D1LUO8UXcAAxnfa.jpg?1552093149

UFC 236: Holloway vs. Poirier II 
April 13, 2019
Atlanta, GA (State Farm Arena)

Interim UFC Lightweight Championship: Max Holloway (155) vs. Dustin Poirier (154.5) - Poirier, DEC (unanimous)
Interim UFC Middleweight Championship: Israel Adesanya (183) vs. Kelvin Gastelum (184) - Adesanya, DEC (unanimous)
Eryk Anders (205) vs. Khalil Rountree (206) - Rountree, DEC (unanimous)
Alan Jouban (171) vs. Dwight Grant (171) - Grant, DEC (split)
Ovince St. Preux (206) vs. Nikita Krylov (205) - Krylov, SUB (rear naked choke), R2 (2:30)

ESPN Preliminary Card:
Jalil Turner (156) vs. Matt Frevola (156) - Frevola, DEC (unanimous)
Wilson Reis (126) vs. Alexandre Pantoja (125.5) - Pantoja, TKO (punches), R1 (2:58)
Max Griffin (170.5) vs. Zelim Imadaev (171) - Griffin, DEC (majority)
Boston Salmon (135.5) vs. Khalid Taha (136) - Taha, TKO (punches), R1 (0:25)

Fight Pass Preliminary Card:
Curtis Millender (170.5) vs. Belal Muhammad (171) - Muhammad, DEC (unanimous)
Montel Jackson (136) vs. Andre Soukhamthath (136) - Jackson, DEC (unanimous)
Lauren Mueller (126) vs. Poliana Botelho (125) - Botelho, DEC (unanimous)
Brandon Davis (136) vs. Randy Costa (135) - Davis, SUB (rear naked choke), R2 (1:12)

Event Bonuses ($50,000)
Fight of the Night: Israel Adesanya vs. Kelvin Gastelum
Fight of the Night: Max Holloway vs. Dustin Poirier

Attendance: 14,297
Gate: $1.91 million
Buyrate:

Cancelled Bouts:
Paige VanZant vs. Poliana Botelho - Injury to VanZant (Broken Arm)

Edited by Elsalvajeloco

16 hours ago, twiztor said:

i'm crazy excited for this main event- both of these guys have looked they're on some whole 'nother level in their last few fights. 

It's intriguing they're going with the lightest belt first. I'm assuming it's because Holloway is an actual champion and also the chance of it being a fight of the year candidate. Although, I would say that we don't know how Adesanya handles another great young fighter. That could be a very competitive and compelling fight.

3 hours ago, Lawful Metal said:

Is the only way to get this through ESPN+? 

Yes.

3 hours ago, Lawful Metal said:

If I subscribe do I get all the rest of the UFC fights for the subscription price? Fight nights and pay per views? So weird.

Any content that airs on ESPN+ as well as the replays of said ESPN+ content (they do 2-3 ESPN+ exclusive cards per month). PPVs still have to be bought individually just like if you had a cable subscription. The tape library for past UFC cards (and other orgs like PRIDE, WEC, etc.) is still Fight Pass. If you look through the Non Event news thread a few pages back, we go into it pretty thoroughly. 

Also,  if you had your TV on ESPN at any point in the past couple days at least, they've had the UFC 236 graphic in purple like the poster above with the writing underneath saying "exclusively on ESPN+" on the scroll throughout the entire day. Pretty hard to miss. Plus, they've been running ads doing the hard sell for both Vasyl Lomachenko vs. Anthony Crolla (Friday night on ESPN+) and the UFC 236 (the 1st PPV on ESPN+) on Saturday with the black background. I've seen that ad like 6 or 7 times, and I'm pretty sure I saw it the other night during the NBA on ESPN coverage and on Thursday afternoon during the Masters coverage. So if you don't know by now that you can't see it regular cable PPV, you've been avoiding ESPN like a plague. Plus, the PPV bumper/blanket channels are only advertising Crawford vs. Khan which is next week (April 20). That pretty much confirms it's not available for purchase through your cable provider.

Edited by Elsalvajeloco

That's gotta be a rewarding victory to choke out the guy who submitted you five years ago. 

I was impressed with Krylov's defense. OSP was working his ass off to get those takedowns and it didn't seem to be a particularly fruitful endeavor.