DVDVR Message Board

WWE Superstar Shake-up 2019.

The Natural

3 hours ago, Phantom Lord said:

Vince hasn't seen any of the Avengers movie's yet. i mean if he did, Lars Sullivan might start wearing torn up jorts and his mood lighting will be changed to green.

100% this, if Vince had any MCU knowledge we would have had Drax vs. Triple H at mania.

Vince probably thinks the MCU is a mid-90s rapper

Edited by Ultimo Necro
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Peck said:

I can almost understand not wanting to call them Hanson and Rowe anymore. To pick two new individual names that you could at least trademark. I don't even really have an issue with them being ERIK and IVAR. But there was literally no logical need to change their Tag Name. It even had a decent chant-along hand gesture for the crowd to use. Just absolute silliness. 

Aren’t Hanson and Rowe their real names? If so, I’m not surprised they changed them and it’s really on HHH/NXT for not changing them sooner. I wouldn’t be surprised if they get additional names like Erik the Savage or Ivar the Mighty for trademark purposes though.

Viking Experience is obviously horrible, but they’re still better off than Heavy Eugenery.

4 hours ago, The Natural said:

Roman Reigns goes to Smackdown. I can see Revival, Drew, Ember and Sasha moving as well.

Once the superstar shake-up is done, I hope it's enforced so only the build to Survivor Series, Survivor Series, Royal Rumble and say WrestleMania is where you get RAW vs. Smackdown Live at it.

I hope Ember goes to SDLive she's the best worker of all the women besides Asuka plus I'd like to see them on the Same brand. I could see them moving Finn and the Revival though I'd like to see them and the Uso's on the same Brand both teams need a few new teams to work same with New Day 

For what it's worth - on this morning's radio show, Meltzer said that "everyone thinks" that Paige's team will be the Sky Pirates

Of course - the way he said it, he could have meant "everyone" as "twitter fans" so take a lot of grains of salt with it

And I guess if anyone was still wondering if somehow Sanity was still together

I mean Dain to NXT UK would make sense but you would also think they would keep him and Nikki together

• Like 1

9 hours ago, The Natural said:

AJ Styles beard as was stayed on Smackdown Live.

I assume Vince thought there were too many guys with long hair and beards on RAW (and a bunch of them in that match) and decided people wouldn't be able to tell the wrestlers apart.  Honestly, Rollins kinda is the long-haired flippy guy with a beard you try to book if you can't get AJ.

One of the things I've been kinda enjoying about WWE in the past few years is them not being so strict in renaming guys who've made their name elsewhere (Ricochet, Walter, EC3 for instance) I like that acknowledgement of a wrestling world outside the company. I can see why they changed the War Machine name, but always thought War Raiders was shite. Of course, this new one is far worse.

Who was the last main roster callup/signing to get a name change?

As far as signings, Tommy End to Aleister Black, Donovan Dijak to that but with more syllables, and now Punishment Martinez to Damien Priest. This is the first callup in a while to come with a full name change, though - they've just shortened/edited for a while now.

I liked the War Raiders name. I didn't think there was a thing wrong with that. While I liked the Tommy End name more, Aleister Black is still a pretty dope name and I'm sure HHH didn't want people to keep chanting "TOMMY! TOMMY! TOMMY FUCKIN END!"

Biff taking the name of Oney Lorcan is completely on him so I can't really fault the company much there. I mean, HHH or Bloom could have said, "that's way worse than the options we gave you and we don't even know what that means."

But until now, Dominik Dijakovic (no "ich" at the end too) was the worst name change I saw especially since he was already going by Chris Dijak. Now his name is so much more complicated and it's just going to get shortened to Dijakovic. Plus, if you're from around here, or Chicago, or a bunch of parts of Ohio, and really a lot of places in this country, if you see "vic" at the end of someone's name you're already used to pronouncing that as "vich." 

This Viking Experience name is now the worst name change I've ever seen. It's such a shit name and no matter how good Hanson and Rowe are in the ring, that name makes them sound like jobbers. It really is a name you give to local jobbers who you brought in to be squashed by Braun Strowman.

Ultimately, it's just a big reminder that this company is incredibly disappointing and masterful and pissing off its audience. 

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

I mean Dain to NXT UK would make sense but you would also think they would keep him and Nikki together

For what it's worth, Nikki terrorizing NXT UK would be super fine with me. 

• Like 2

She (Cross) and Heavy Machinery, one would assume, would be officially assigned to SDL tonight since they are the only NXT folks still not anywhere

However - Heavy Machinery worked the Main Event tapings last night which might mean they are sticking to RAW purgatory.

WWE.com is saying Vince himself will be on Smackdown Live tonight to announce "The biggest acquisition in Smackdown history".

So, yeah...  

Spoiler

I'd be astonished if it was anyone else. 

• Haha 1

On the subject of names, Dolph Ziggler is likely the best example of a successful career (whatever anyone here thinks) despite being saddled with a shitty WWE name. Is Samoa Joe the best example of a successful career despite saddling himself with a shitty name? (Dunno if he gave himself the name but he likely could've changed it at any point early on)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

WWE.com is saying Vince himself will be on Smackdown Live tonight to announce "The biggest acquisition in Smackdown history".

So, yeah...  

Reveal hidden contents

I'd be astonished if it was anyone else. 

I like how you aren't even bother to read the thread

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Swiftian said:

Is Samoa Joe the best example of a successful career despite saddling himself with a shitty name? (Dunno if he gave himself the name but he likely could've changed it at any point early on)

I am not sure why he would have wanted to since Joe is his real name and he is very proud of his Samoan ancestry

Plus I am not sure how many would agree with you on it being a "shitty" name

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Oh feck.  The last handful of replies make me think that the SDL "big name" may be Ziggler.  And the only way that's ok is if he brings PUPPEHS!!!

3 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

giphy.gif

• Like 1