DVDVR Message Board

WWE Superstar Shake-up 2019.

The Natural

3 hours ago, MORELOCK said:

I think you hit the reason why Dunne didn't get the call-up in your previous statements. Without Dunne in NXT:UK it's pretty much just WALTER and 20 interchangeable dudes with pompadour-with-shaved-sides/beard combos.

Not quite true. After WALTER and Dunne, you have Seven, Bate, Gibson, & Toni who are all treated like stars by the audience. You also have Mastiff, Dar, Devlin, Andrews, Webster, and several others who are just a bit below them. The UK brand is building up nicely. Its just still a good year or so away from not needing Dunne. 

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

I love that for the first time in years Roman is pretty damn well over as a face with the live audiences.

So leave it to WWE to shoot themselves in the foot by moving him to SmackDown where Roman is going to be the last person people want to see take the title from Kofi.

I'm also bummed because I would have loved to see Andrade vs Roman, more Joe vs Roman, a revitalized Braun vs Roman feud, and we're probably not getting any of that now.

I don't see Roman being the guy to take the belt off of Kofi. Feels like Owens or Sullivan is more likely to do that, then the eventual Roman feud. While Roman vs. Andrade, Braun, and AJ would have been nice, I'm good with Roman vs. Bryan, Nakamura, Sullivan, Finn, Ali, & Murphy.

So was it said yet what brand Sami Zayn is on?

5 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Between Sarah and Ruby's posts - it sure comes across as the Riott Squad being totally broken up and not just Liv no longer being a part of the group

I was thinking the same thing. Sounds like they’re all solo. 

1 hour ago, Eivion said:

Not quite true. After WALTER and Dunne, you have Seven, Bate, Gibson, & Toni who are all treated like stars by the audience. You also have Mastiff, Dar, Devlin, Andrews, Webster, and several others who are just a bit below them. The UK brand is building up nicely. Its just still a good year or so away from not needing Dunne. 

I may have oversimplified for dramatic effect, as Gibson is one of the best heels in the whole company (and I clearly wasn't referring to the women). But come on, you're going to tell me these dudes don't all have a similar look?

Spoiler

latest?cb=20180519180034

20180518_UK_JordanDevlin--520edb8f3fb722

maxresdefault.jpg

PrXBkuL_.jpg

noam-dar-cwc.jpg?w=650

latest?cb=20180521181338

They all look like they're about to go open for Mumford & Sons on tour or something.

Edited by MORELOCK
  • Like 5
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, D.Z said:

Nikki Cross are now on S.D.

Per?

Just curious since wwe.com and her bio still have her unaffiliated and I haven't found it on social media yet

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Between Sarah and Ruby's posts - it sure comes across as the Riott Squad being totally broken up and not just Liv no longer being a part of the group

Honestly, Ruby's post also adds to it and saying "all three of us are on separate brands".

Given the Logan/Rowe factor and the questions of whether Alexander Wolfe went to NXT or not, that sure comes across as "Ruby Riott has been sent to NXT'.

1 hour ago, MORELOCK said:

I may have oversimplified for dramatic effect, as Gibson is one of the best heels in the whole company (and I clearly wasn't referring to the women). But come on, you're going to tell me these dudes don't all have a similar look?

Reveal hidden contents

latest?cb=20180519180034

20180518_UK_JordanDevlin--520edb8f3fb722

maxresdefault.jpg

PrXBkuL_.jpg

noam-dar-cwc.jpg?w=650

latest?cb=20180521181338

They all look like they're about to go open for Mumford & Sons on tour or something.

I can't disagree about the similar looks. I'm just saying they aren't interchangeable. 

9 minutes ago, SorceressKnight said:

Honestly, Ruby's post also adds to it and saying "all three of us are on separate brands".

Given the Logan/Rowe factor and the questions of whether Alexander Wolfe went to NXT or not, that sure comes across as "Ruby Riott has been sent to NXT'.

Ruby getting sent back to NXT would be odd.

• Like 1

The hand-wringing over Roman is without merit. He's been back two months and has had three matches, two of which were 6-man tags. He's clearly getting back into ring shape. He's not going to be the one to dethrone Kofi. And he was moved from Raw so his presence wouldn't interfere with Rollins' title run.

There wasn't much left for him to do on Raw. He's fought and beat the top three heels in Corbin/Lashley/McIntyre. Surprised one of them didn't go to SDL, but this will allow for Reigns to have new or fresher matches. He'll probably fight Orton or Elias for his first blue-brand feud.

Roman was always going to be on SDL with the FOX deal, anyway. So move him now where there isn't as much pressure for him to wrestle every week to help fill a third hour. He'll eventually become champ, but not right this second.

Edited by Burgundy LaRue
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

I'm just happy Roman's best Raw opponent, Balor, has followed him to Tuesday nights.

I don't know, I think I would  give it to Braun for Roman's best Raw opponent.