DVDVR Message Board

WWE Superstar Shake-up 2019.

The Natural

"Uh, Mr. McMahon sir, Buddy Murphy is asking if we could move him to Raw instead of Smackdown?"

"WHO THE FUCK IS BUDDY MURRAY?"

"Buddy Murphy sir. He's been under contract for 3 years. He was the cruiserweight champion on 205 Live..."

"WHAT THE FUCK IS 205 LIVE?"

"Our cruiserweight show sir"

"CRUISERWEIGHTS? GOD DAMN IT PAUL!"

"So about Buddy Murphy, he and Alexa Bliss are dating...."

"WHAT? WE CAN'T HAVE ONE OF OUR TOP FEMALE STARS DATING BOBBY MURPHY!"

"It's Buddy Murphy sir"

"WHATEVER! BREAK 'EM UP!!!"

Edited by BrianS81177
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Some sheets suggested that someone in creative didn't believe Rusev "deserved" Lana and some other things people posted here I don't know how much truth if any was behind those reports.

I'd say I'm not sure Lana deserves Rusev, but then I'm not sure any of us really deserve Rusev he's so damn great.

• Like 2

Rusev and Lana are great together, except for that awful Dolph Ziggler angle and everything post-Rusev Day, where they both seem not to care. I can't say I blame them either. They could have and should have been this era's Randy and Liz minus the off-screen issues.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Rusev and Lana are great together, except for that awful Dolph Ziggler angle and everything post-Rusev Day, where they both seem not to care. I can't say I blame them either. They could have and should have been this era's Randy and Liz minus the off-screen issues.

Rusev has actually been good wrestling wise post-Rusev Day. The team with Nakamura is surprisingly good. They just haven't been given shit to do.

20 minutes ago, The Green Meanie said:

I had heard he had been released?

Some thought maybe he requested his release. No one was really sure. I'm happy he will be in NXT UK. Kind of wish Dain and Nikki went with him.

20 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

57262812_2322113524701805_42099638587831

The funny thing about this picture is that for as much SHIT as we used to throw at TNA for being horrible and they were... 

I'd say that pretty much every dude in this picture was better booked in TNA than they are in WWE.  

AJ Styles is about a wash..   multiple time champion in both companies.  Had a couple ridiculous patches in both but nothing too bad. 

Samoa Joe,  Eric Young,  ECIII,  Bobby Roode,   Lashley...    TNA actually made all these guys look like legit stars.  

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

The funny thing about this picture is that for as much SHIT as we used to throw at TNA for being horrible and they were... 

I'd say that pretty much every dude in this picture was better booked in TNA than they are in WWE.  

AJ Styles is about a wash..   multiple time champion in both companies.  Had a couple ridiculous patches in both but nothing too bad. 

Samoa Joe,  Eric Young,  ECIII,  Bobby Roode,   Lashley...    TNA actually made all these guys look like legit stars.  

I pretty much agree. Joe might be a wash as well. He got better treatment at times, but WWE has never hit the same depths as TNA did with him either.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Does A-1 still work?

Mostly no. According to Cagematch, he last worked Explosion tapings in January and February of last year. He worked five matches last year. There was a gap where he didn't work from 2008-2015. 

A1 could be replaced with a bottle of A1 and there would be no difference. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Mostly no. According to Cagematch, he last worked Explosion tapings in January and February of last year. He worked five matches last year. There was a gap where he didn't work from 2008-2015. 

A1 could be replaced with a bottle of A1 and there would be no difference. 

He wasn't very good, but he was really a good guy when I met him. Joking around about the funeral for Team 3D and such. Seemed genuinely touched people enjoyed it.

• Like 1

The problem with AJ Styles TNA booking was that he came in as a young, undersized underdog with a big heart, and they eventually ran the 'Boy becomes a man' storyline and made him champion. Then the booker changed, and the new guy who came in decided to take the belt off AJ, and use him as a young, undersized underdgo with a big heart, who would eventually do a 'boy becomes a man' storyline and become champion. And then the booker changed again, and the now booking committee decided to use AJ as a young, undersized...

I think that's why he grew the beard and had long hair towards the end there. So he'd not be booked as a kid again.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, AxB said:

The problem with AJ Styles TNA booking was that he came in as a young, undersized underdog with a big heart, and they eventually ran the 'Boy becomes a man' storyline and made him champion. Then the booker changed, and the new guy who came in decided to take the belt off AJ, and use him as a young, undersized underdgo with a big heart, who would eventually do a 'boy becomes a man' storyline and become champion. And then the booker changed again, and the now booking committee decided to use AJ as a young, undersized...

I think that's why he grew the beard and had long hair towards the end there. So he'd not be booked as a kid again.

This is 1000% true.

I can't remember what ppv it was, but there was an AJ/Sting main event, and the commentary was talking about the match potentially for AJ being what the Sting/Flair '88 clash match was for Sting.

Except Styles was the defending TNA world champion in that match. And a three time former NWA world champion.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

AJ had a year-long WWE title run, is a 2x WWE champ, 2X US champ, and the most protected guy on the roster during his roster.  He got the WWE 2K19 cover.

Joe was a 2X NXT champ, beat the Demon Balor clean, and got to mix it up with Brock/Roman/Braun in the Universal title picture. Current US champ. A couple of nagging injuries probably kept him from gaining more traction.

Roode was one of the better NXT champs and even with some questionable main roster booking, has been US and Raw Tag champ.

Young was NXT tag champ. Woefully ignored on the main roster along with the rest of Sanity.

Lashley and McIntyre are seemingly going down as big fish who look great in small ponds. But even so, Lashley held the IC title twice and McIntyre was Raw Tag champ and got a singles match at WM with Roman Reigns. He's also going to factor into the upcoming Universal title scene.

EC3 has the biggest gripe in how he's been handled, both in NXT and on the main shows.

There's been some iffy booking along the way, but that's the case with any wrestling promotion. By and large, TNA guys have been treated well.

• Like 4

Late to name-chat, but Samoa Joe works solely because it rhymes. If he was Samoa Mike, it would be different. And "American Terry" absolutely should've been Hogan's name when he worked in Japan.

I feel like there a dozen other cool-sounding names you could've re-branded the War Raiders if you wanted to lean into psuedo-Viking culture for whatever reason.

• The Beserkers (yes, I know there was already a beserker)
  • Stockholm Syndrome
  • Warriors of Odin

Hell, even "American Vikings" (which likely would've gotten shit on if it was the name they got) sounds way better in retrospect.

3 hours ago, Go2Sleep said:

Late to name-chat, but Samoa Joe works solely because it rhymes. If he was Samoa Mike, it would be different. And "American Terry" absolutely should've been Hogan's name when he worked in Japan.

I feel like there a dozen other cool-sounding names you could've re-branded the War Raiders if you wanted to lean into psuedo-Viking culture for whatever reason.

• The Beserkers (yes, I know there was already a beserker)
  • Stockholm Syndrome
  • Warriors of Odin

Hell, even "American Vikings" (which likely would've gotten shit on if it was the name they got) sounds way better in retrospect.

Los hijos de los berzerker