DVDVR Message Board

WWE Superstar Shake-up 2019.

The Natural

Amidst the chaos of the Superstar Shake-up, I forgot about one golden nugget from Xavier Woods and I'm ashamed of myself because I've used this quote here. As KO was putting on his New Day gear, Woods is chanting "One of us, One of us."

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Amidst the chaos of the Superstar Shake-up, I forgot about one golden nugget from Xavier Woods and I'm ashamed of myself because I've used this quote here. As KO was putting on his New Day gear, Woods is chanting "One of us, One of us."

That was great.

As for Lacey’s moonsault, it looked good to me. Nattie seemed out of position, too close to the corner. With Lacey’s height, I’m not sure how she could have gotten any closer.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, MORELOCK said:

I realize that Becky shouldn't be saying "I have a lot of respect for my opponent" or anything, but going in on the Lacey-as-Charlotte-clone talking point is an absolute burial. It definitely doesn't make anyone want to see them wrestle. It also gives ammunition to the "Vince only pushes blondez!!!!11" idiots around here, and nobody needs that.

Twitter gradually turning WWE into effectively an e-fed continues to amuse me.

• Like 2

By Mike Johnson on 2019-04-19 09:00:00
Although World Wrestling Entertainment has never made it clear what brand Nikki Cross was shifted to during the 2019 Superstar Shakeup in Montreal, we are told that this week, at least, Cross is slated for Monday Night Raw but not Smackdown Live.

The former Sanity member was brought to the main roster in December 2018, debuting the following month but had been appearing on both brands.  All of the other WWE NXT talents that had been bouncing between brands were assigned permanent homes with the exception of Cross.

Time will tell whether Raw is her new permanent home or whether WWE remains on the fence as to which brand Cross is part of.

Prichard's podcast this week covers Backlash '04 and the lead-up to the event. So Conrad took a few minutes to prod Bruce about that year's Draft Lottery. Some of the thinking there probably has overlap with things discussed in this and other threads this week, so I'll just drop this here.

• Vince apparently likes genuine reactions on screen, which is one of the reasons he doesn't tell talent beforehand where they're headed. He's allegedly had six people standing by to get a genuine result when one of them needs to go through the curtain. Since a lot of stars aren't on screen when they find out they're moving or in the moments after, this seems like something you can all have fun driving an 18-wheeler through. 
  • Re: relationships, they don't care who you're dating because you could just as easily be seeing someone new a couple months from now. If you're married, you have a stronger case for being kept together. I'm sure there are plenty of exceptions, but Naomi and the Usos were both moved to the same show. Murphy and Alexa are still on separate shows, but I assume engagements aren't serious enough in their eyes? I dunno. Whatever.

Do with that what you will.

Meltzer mentioned the couple thing in the new WON

Basically the new way of thinking (as in since the Brand Split in 2016) is USUALLY married couples will always be kept together. If a couple is split up, it is because the WWE wants them to breakup (Paige/Del Rio being the prime example of this)

Charlotte/Andrade is weird in that Dave doesn't think they are trying to break them up but both were needed to go were they went (Dave seemed to imply that they might have given Charlotte a heads up it was happening but that could also just have been be me hearing things)

He then went on a tangent about how he wasn't sure if Alexa and Buddy were still together but that is a different story.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

He then went on a tangent about how he wasn't sure if Alexa and Buddy were still together but that is a different story.

According to recent podcast interviews they've done they still are.  Unless something happened past last month that is.

1 hour ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Re: relationships, they don't care who you're dating because you could just as easily be seeing someone new a couple months from now. If you're married, you have a stronger case for being kept together. I'm sure there are plenty of exceptions, but Naomi and the Usos were both moved to the same show. Murphy and Alexa are still on separate shows, but I assume engagements aren't serious enough in their eyes? I dunno. Whatever.

No matter if they're dating or married it's still pretty fucked up, especially that first sentence.

• Like 1

That first sentence is more sad than anything else. Honestly, the conspiracy theories about WWE trying to break up couples rarely ever rang true to me. It usually feels more like another WWE is the devil push than anything else. The nature of the business keeps wrestlers away from their loved ones regularly. Makes sense that it would happen in WWE when they have multiple brands. That said, I totally buy they wanted Paige and Del Rio broken up since everyone but Paige seemed to think Alberto was an asshole ruining her career.

Edited by Eivion

2 minutes ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

They wanted to break up the act, not the couple.

Some sheets suggested that someone in creative didn't believe Rusev "deserved" Lana and some other things people posted here I don't know how much truth if any was behind those reports.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, MORELOCK said:

I love that WWE is supposed to give a shit about keeping married couples together when the nature of the job is keeping people on the road, usually away from their spouse.

If your spouse works for the same company, where's the harm of a couple being able to be together on the road? If that's not the case, then yeah, you're going to be away from your spouse. We all understand the nature of the job.

• Like 1

There isn't any harm. But if (and I realize this is a big if) they have plans for one half of a relationship on Raw, and plans for the other half of a relationship on SmackDown, why are they assholes for going through with their creative plans? Why should the personal relationships of the talent be their concern?

6 minutes ago, MORELOCK said:

There isn't any harm. But if (and I realize this is a big if) they have plans for one half of a relationship on Raw, and plans for the other half of a relationship on SmackDown, why are they assholes for going through with their creative plans? Why should the personal relationships of the talent be their concern?

They're not assholes for going through with creative plans. It looks bad when there is seemingly no plan, which more often than not, seems to be the case. 

• Like 1

Since it was a matter of discussion in this thread... which feels like forever ago...

Alexander Wolfe didn't wrestle at the NXT UK tapings today but was backstage. He is believed to debut tomorrow with a big push in this division.

Also Nikki Cross confirmed she is working the RAW shows but don't read too much into that since folks are working their old brands this weekend