DVDVR Message Board

WWE Superstar Shake-up 2019.

The Natural

I realize that Becky shouldn't be saying "I have a lot of respect for my opponent" or anything, but going in on the Lacey-as-Charlotte-clone talking point is an absolute burial. It definitely doesn't make anyone want to see them wrestle. It also gives ammunition to the "Vince only pushes blondez!!!!11" idiots around here, and nobody needs that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

59 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Man, Bàlor/Devitt in BC was the most cocky, hatable motherfucker.

The Good Brothers... They're fine. Anderson is a pretty good wrestler, Luke is serviceable. They aren't going to put on a bunch of match of the year candidates. But they are great muscle for a leader, and it's no coincidence they looked their best in WWE backing up AJ or during that one month they got to pal around with Bàlor.

Was going to say the same thing. A lot of the reason for why I can't get with Jay White is because Devitt was a far, far, far, far better heel and his edgelord shit was creative and not this "breathe with the switchblade" shit that sounds like it was scribbled all over the back of a sophomore's notebook along with a bunch of daggers and lightning bolts.

I think with time, people forget just how fucking good Devitt was as a heel in NJPW and they just think of him more for all the cosplay gimmicks, stuff in Progress, etc.

1 hour ago, MORELOCK said:

I realize that Becky shouldn't be saying "I have a lot of respect for my opponent" or anything, but going in on the Lacey-as-Charlotte-clone talking point is an absolute burial. It definitely doesn't make anyone want to see them wrestle. It also gives ammunition to the "Vince only pushes blondez!!!!11" idiots around here, and nobody needs that.

To be fair - it did lead to the funniest thing I have seen Lana say

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, The Natural said:

Any updates on Daniel Bryan, @RIPPA? Cheers.

Meltzer made no mention of it in the WON that just came out (well outside of "Bryan is out of action")

So either no one is talking still or it is nothing (or both)

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

To be fair - it did lead to the funniest thing I have seen Lana say

I have to admit that was a really good moonsault. She didn’t overshoot, and she even shifted mid-air when she noticed Nattie was a little out of position. Only issue was her landing knee first. Though almost par with Kobashi’s moonsaults when it comes to being accurate 99%. As opposed to Charlotte who is 20% on those.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 1

Wait, the moonsault she crushed Nattie with was a really good moonsault?

In fact, here's the video! Go to 1:56.

She fucking destroys Nattie. There's no shift in midair. There's no adjustment. But she sure as shit didn't overshoot.

More over, you say she adjusts in midair when Nattie was out of position. She doesn't. In fact, she's looking at Nattie right before she does it. Nattie is in perfect position.

Edited by Craig H
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

I have to admit that was a really good moonsault. She didn’t overshoot, and she even shifted mid-air when she noticed Nattie was a little out of position. Only issue was her landing knee first. Though almost par with Kobashi’s moonsaults when it comes to being accurate 99%. As opposed to Charlotte who is 20% on those.

giphy.gif

TOTALLY on par.

Edited by Raziel
  • Like 2

I'm fucking blown away by a number of things with that post. I'm not sure what bothers me most: Saying it was a really good moonsault (I guess is looked good), she adjusted in midair (she didn't), ignoring that she crushed Nattie, that it's on par with Kobashi's moonsaults (it wasn't), or that Charlotte's aren't good (they are).

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

The eyes tell the story, my friend. That's the look of a man whose frustration is growing. The Mustafa Ali heel turn could be great when it comes. He's on fire, gets hurt, loses his spot to Kofi, now loses to Balor. Eventually, he's going to snap. It could be great as long as he doesn't get turned into another Muhammad Hassan.

giphy.gif 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

You people are blind. She clearly shifts to her right. A women’s right might I add.

After she lands and crushes Nattie.  Also, she drifted to her left, she's clearly off center to the left when she lands.

Edited by Raziel
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Raziel said:

After she lands and crushes Nattie.  Also, she drifted to her left, she's clearly off center to the left when she lands.

But wait that’s your left. She’s falling backwards towards Nattie so her back dominates the direction. So she’s shifting right instead of left, right?

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

When I think of moonsaults, Kenta Kobashi's is the first that comes to my mind and that's because I'm a long time fan of his. Keiji Muto's and Kurt Angle's also standout.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Raziel said:

I don't agree with Raz on much, but he's spot on about this. 

Lacey Evans: bringing opposing sides together since 2019

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 1

It's also not a "shift" to correct because Nattie "was out of position".  It was a drift because she didn't jump off square, likely because of the superflous spin jump from the second rope.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

The Good Brothers... They're fine. Anderson is a pretty good wrestler, Luke is serviceable. They aren't going to put on a bunch of match of the year candidates. But they are great muscle for a leader, and it's no coincidence they looked their best in WWE backing up AJ or during that one month they got to pal around with Bàlor.

I remember them looking very mediocre when they backed up AJ against Roman and the Usos. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Waits for wrestlers and fans alike to hate on Becky for telling no lies.

You must have missed Morelock calling everyone idiots then.

• Haha 3