DVDVR Message Board

WWE Superstar Shake-up 2019.

The Natural

5 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

I'm just happy Roman's best Raw opponent, Balor, has followed him to Tuesday nights.

I don't know, I think I would  give it to Braun for Roman's best Raw opponent.

Wonder if Vince will be more hands on with S.D?

Also Triple H recently said there will be a reimagining for the blue brand on Fox. Anyway.. the blue brand is expected to become the A show of WWE, so hopefully it's radical changes eventually.

I'd like to see Roman have a slug fest series with Cesaro while Sheamus is out hurt. If anyone can help him shake of the ring rust it's Cesaro.

Also can we PLEASE get the Balor Club back together for a bit, if only for the 6 man matches with New Day.

1 hour ago, L_W_P said:

I'd like to see Roman have a slug fest series with Cesaro while Sheamus is out hurt. If anyone can help him shake of the ring rust it's Cesaro.

Also can we PLEASE get the Balor Club back together for a bit, if only for the 6 man matches with New Day.

Good Brothers have reportedly been sent home until their contracts expire. Otherwise I'd be so down for this.

One thing I find funny is they made a huge deal early last year about Miz closing in on the record of most total days as Intercontinental Champion, and they've now used the Shakeup two years in a row to keep him away from the belt.

18 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I am more amused that Becky keeps making wrestlers shoot mad

we're in an age where every newish wrestler theoretically could've started out as an e-wrestler and I appreciate people tweeting like they're returning to those roots

[Moon in particular is definitely nerd enough to have possibly e-wrestled and I am going to hold out hope for this as long as I can]

Edited by BobbyWhioux

2 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Good Brothers have reportedly been sent home until their contracts expire. Otherwise I'd be so down for this.

They worked the dark match last night, putting over Heavy Machinery and were in the Andre at Mania. Plus the New Day gauntlet the week before that. so they're still around, just not doing much as usual.

27 minutes ago, DreamBroken said:

They worked the dark match last night, putting over Heavy Machinery and were in the Andre at Mania. Plus the New Day gauntlet the week before that. so they're still around, just not doing much as usual.

WWE logic is tremendous. The Good Brothers are a real tag team in a company short on them. They don't get used much and decide they're not going to re-sign when their contracts are up. Rather than using them, WWE chooses to pay them to mostly sit at home until their deals are up. How about pushing them a bit to maybe try and convince them to stay? They do need enough teams to support two sets of tag titles. The shit this company does...

7 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

WWE logic is tremendous. The Good Brothers are a real tag team in a company short on them. They don't get used much and decide they're not going to re-sign when their contracts are up. Rather than using them, WWE chooses to pay them to mostly sit at home until their deals are up. How about pushing them a bit to maybe try and convince them to stay? They do need enough teams to support two sets of tag titles. The shit this company does...

This makes no sense. Its almost a certainty they have already talked and come to no agreement on them signing new contracts so why give them a push now? Gallows and Anderson are not going to suddenly change their minds due to a small push. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Eivion said:

This makes no sense. Its almost a certainty they have already talked and come to no agreement on them signing new contracts so why give them a push now? Gallows and Anderson are not going to suddenly change their minds due to a small push. 

Giving the Revival the tag titles stopped their squawking. Granted, their contracts aren't coming up until 2020, I believe. Ambrose was still used despite turning down a new contract. Utilizing a tag team in their thin tag division is better than paying them to do nothing. If WWE used them and they still decide to walk, they walk. The way things are now, WWE is guaranteeing they walk.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

11 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Giving the Revival the tag titles stopped their squawking. Granted, their contracts aren't coming up until 2020, I believe. Utilizing a tag team in their thin tag division is better than paying them to do nothing. If they still decide to walk, they walk. The way things are now, WWE is guaranteeing that they walk.

The Revival will be around longer and seem to have something to prove. With Gallows and Anderson they know they will be gone so there is no reason to keep using them regularly on tv especially if it only helps to increase their value outside of WWE.

Edited by Eivion

1 minute ago, Eivion said:

The Revival will be around longer and seem to have something to prove. With Gallows and Anderson they know they will be gone so there is no reason to keep using them regularly on tv especially if it own helps to increase their value outside of WWE.

Fair enough. I'm a resonable person, I see your point as well.

• Like 1

The eyes tell the story, my friend. That's the look of a man whose frustration is growing. The Mustafa Ali heel turn could be great when it comes. He's on fire, gets hurt, loses his spot to Kofi, now loses to Balor. Eventually, he's going to snap. It could be great as long as he doesn't get turned into another Muhammad Hassan.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, DreamBroken said:

Apparently they come in for tv, but get sent back home so they don't work the live events. It's a shame they never got a real fair shake in the WWE. Balor Club could have been something really fun if they actually went with it. Personally I hope Finn turns heel at some point. Happy and smiling Finn is just so bland. Same matches over and over.

• Like 1

I don't recall Finn being a great heel in what I saw of him in Bullet Club. I remember those who watched more NJPW than me at the time not being impressed either. I also don't recall hearing great things of Gallows and Anderson as a team either. I was never super impressed with them during their run in WWE. You can say they didn't give them a fair shake, but when you come in and deliver mediocre performances with the Usos, there is a legit question of whether or not they should do much with you. 

Man, Bàlor/Devitt in BC was the most cocky, hatable motherfucker.

The Good Brothers... They're fine. Anderson is a pretty good wrestler, Luke is serviceable. They aren't going to put on a bunch of match of the year candidates. But they are great muscle for a leader, and it's no coincidence they looked their best in WWE backing up AJ or during that one month they got to pal around with Bàlor.

• Like 2