DVDVR Message Board

WWE Superstar Shake-up 2019.

The Natural

Why did Lacey Evans say that the “McMahons” gave her the #1 contenders match with Natalya on RAW, instead of just Stephanie if she does indeed still run that show, and Shane runs Smackdown?

• Like 1

Good show besides the addition of Lars and some awkward promos prior to the 8-woman tag. Finn/Ali was very enjoyable, and Charlotte/Carmella was a fun TV match that showed their ring chemistry, told a story and built logically to its conclusion. (It was an interesting contrast to Becky/Ruby the night before where Becky did no arm work whatsoever prior to the Disarmher.)

As for the roster changes, SDL looks pretty stacked, particularly the women's division with adding Kairi/Ember/Bayley (and even Mickie James), but adding Buddy Murphy, Finn Balor and even Roman (who's done virtually everything already on Raw and has some good potential match-ups ahead) are all good calls. Also enjoyed Kevin's New Day bonding and the unsubtle Elias foreshadowing of Roman's appearance when talking about 'reigns'.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RIPPA said:

In the other random things department - Nikki Cross is currently listed nowhere on the WWE website

Oh, man. I'd welcome Nikki Cross back in NXT to get the NXT Women's Championship she never won but needed.

• Like 2

I'm wondering if they're sowing the seeds of Big E feeling disrespected and saying "Look, I gave blood, sweat and tears for the New Day, and the second I'm out, they're putting another man in my place, like I'm just a cog for the others. I want to PROVE that I'm irreplaceable." Whether that leads to a one on one match where the New Day hug it out afterwards, or if they finally pull the trigger on breaking up the New Day and turn it into a Kofi-Big E long running feud, I dunno. 

Okay - so as I was looking up the Nikki Cross thing... the RAW women's roster is really wacky right now.

Per WWE.com

• Alexa Bliss
  • Alicia Fox (rehab)
  • Becky Lynch (appears on both shows)
  • Brie Bella (retired)
  • Dana Brooke
  • Lacey Evans
  • Naomi
  • Natalya
  • Nia Jax (injured)
  • Nikki Bella (retired)
  • Ronda Rousey (off fucking)
  • Ruby Riott
  • Sarah Logan
  • Sasha Banks (off TV)
  • Tamina
  • Zelina Vega 

When you remove Becky and the Flotsam and Jetsam - that leaves you will only 9 folks and that is including Zelina who only appears to wrestle in Battle Royals.

SDL has 11 and that is without counting Becky or the IIconics. (Note: Becky is listed on both rosters. The IIconics are only listed on SDL)

Now I will say that it appears for at least the build towards the next PPV - the focus is clearly Becky defending against RAW, IIconics against SDL

But yeah - the "smaller" show having more women is weird.

Just now, Casey said:

Alicia Fox got out of rehab for a day just to go to the Hall of Fame? Or is this a post-WM occurrence?

I just used it as short hand for her... issues.

She hasn't wrestled a match since Feb 10

8 hours ago, Edwin said:

I'm all for Alexander Wolfe moving back down to NXT also if they intend on continuing to build the EU with him joining them as he was a member of Ringkampf. However, I could see them sending him to NXT UK as I think he would fit in well there and they need desperately need whatever star power they can get there.

I'm surprised Dunne didn't get called up to the main roster. I thought he was the one NXT UK member that would get called up.

I think you hit the reason why Dunne didn't get the call-up in your previous statements. Without Dunne in NXT:UK it's pretty much just WALTER and 20 interchangeable dudes with pompadour-with-shaved-sides/beard combos.

7 hours ago, TheVileOne said:

He finally won the world title and he got probably the best match of the night at WrestleMania 35. But that is where his career peaks at this point. 

And that's okay, right? We all hopped on board for a fun Mania storyline, and we all gave the requisite "But it's just going to end a month later because WWE." Does anyone out there really think Kofi deserves a long reign with that title, or in the main event in general? Because that sentiment did NOT exist around here before February. Everyone wanted the rocket strapped to Big E. For example:

30 minutes ago, SirFozzie said:

I'm wondering if they're sowing the seeds of Big E feeling disrespected and saying "Look, I gave blood, sweat and tears for the New Day, and the second I'm out, they're putting another man in my place, like I'm just a cog for the others. I want to PROVE that I'm irreplaceable." Whether that leads to a one on one match where the New Day hug it out afterwards, or if they finally pull the trigger on breaking up the New Day and turn it into a Kofi-Big E long running feud, I dunno. 

I don't know about this "finally" stuff. There is no build for a New Day breakup at all, and it's weird that people keep calling for it. We've all been begging for real tag teams that stay together and don't do the WWE breakup bullshit for years and years and now that we have it, we're fantasy booking what would almost certainly be terrible. Not to mention: New Day were booked as being ecstatic for Kofi and extremely loyal.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I think some folks have conflated wanting a Big E singles run into "New Day has to break up for that to happen"

To be honest, I think that's the only way we get a Big E singles push.

Of course, I have zero faith they wouldn't sabotage a Big E singles run.  Dude is a fun personality and has a lot of babyface charisma.  So I assume the company would repackage him as Generic Angry Black Guy #47 and tell him to just look menacing and never speak....

.... And then they still wouldn't push him and take him off tv because "he's not over."

4 hours ago, Casey said:

Why did Lacey Evans say that the “McMahons” gave her the #1 contenders match with Natalya on RAW, instead of just Stephanie if she does indeed still run that show, and Shane runs Smackdown?

To imply she did favors for Vince

I'm not sure if this has been covered but how in the world is Roman the face when he beat up a defenseless senior citizen unprovoked?  Hell, Elias didn't even provoke him and he got beat up twice.  Then, Elias looked like a Giant geek putting down his guitar as Roman came out.

In the WWE Universe, everyone is an.idiot.

I love that for the first time in years Roman is pretty damn well over as a face with the live audiences.

So leave it to WWE to shoot themselves in the foot by moving him to SmackDown where Roman is going to be the last person people want to see take the title from Kofi.

I'm also bummed because I would have loved to see Andrade vs Roman, more Joe vs Roman, a revitalized Braun vs Roman feud, and we're probably not getting any of that now.

42 minutes ago, notoriusvig said:

I'm not sure if this has been covered but how in the world is Roman the face when he beat up a defenseless senior citizen unprovoked?  Hell, Elias didn't even provoke him and he got beat up twice.  Then, Elias looked like a Giant geek putting down his guitar as Roman came out.

In the WWE Universe, everyone is an.idiot.

I think when the "defenseless" senior citizen exploits your life threatening illness at every turn, he's fair game to get the shit kicked out of him. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2