DVDVR Message Board

WWE Superstar Shake-up 2019.

The Natural

35 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

The returning Authors of Pain and/or Roode & Gable should have gone to Smackdown. Maybe a Gable/Shelton reunion?

Charlotte should have gone back to Raw. Outside of Becky on both shows, Ruby; Sarah; and Sasha?, that division is in pretty dire shape.

Alexa’s still there, I believe, if she’s medically cleared this week.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sydneybrown said:

I love the irony that as soon as Sasha and Nia (the most careless on the roster) are out, Alexa is cleared.

Careful. You'll summon the stan squad...

Guest Edwin

I hope we get a lengthy Big O run with the New Day.

I'm all for Alexander Wolfe moving back down to NXT also if they intend on continuing to build the EU with him joining them as he was a member of Ringkampf. However, I could see them sending him to NXT UK as I think he would fit in well there and they need desperately need whatever star power they can get there.

I'm surprised Dunne didn't get called up to the main roster. I thought he was the one NXT UK member that would get called up.

Edited by Edwin

2 minutes ago, Edwin said:

I hope we get a lengthy Big O run with the New Day.

I give WWE all the credit in the world. I thought Owens was turning on them as soon as the match started.   And they even held on through the end of the show.  But Jesus Christ, this is a Ric Flair-Sting angle.  Mutherfucka is turning as soon as the optimal opportunity arises.

And this will also kinda suck if it leads to Owens beating Kofi because I'm starting to believe Kevin was their plan all along.

• Like 2

Guest Edwin

If Wolfe saying goodbye to the WWE is an indication he's moving back down to NXT, maybe the Harper tweet is an indication his release is actually a work and they are sending him down to NXT also?

At least that's what I hope for. I'm all for Harper NXT run with the new signings.

Edited by Edwin

The lack of teams on SD isn’t a big deal.  Hardyz, Bar (Unless Sheamus was gone, his name wasn’t mentioned all night) and eventually New Day will fight over them.  Then new guys like Apollo, Gable, Murphy will get thrown together with older guys with nothing to do like Benjamin, Ali, Rowan (?) or Dain and “new” teams will get a shot until one of them sticks.  I wouldn’t be surprised to see one or both of AOP and Fashion Popo come back as surprise returns from injury either. 

31 minutes ago, sydneybrown said:

I give WWE all the credit in the world. I thought Owens was turning on them as soon as the match started.   And they even held on through the end of the show.  But Jesus Christ, this is a Ric Flair-Sting angle.  Mutherfucka is turning as soon as the optimal opportunity arises.

And this will also kinda suck if it leads to Owens beating Kofi because I'm starting to believe Kevin was their plan all along.

I figured Sami was going to be Nakamura and Rusev's partner before Cesaro walked in because KO and Sami should FIGHT FOREVER.

9 minutes ago, caley said:

The lack of teams on SD isn’t a big deal.  Hardyz, Bar (Unless Sheamus was gone, his name wasn’t mentioned all night) and eventually New Day will fight over them.  Then new guys like Apollo, Gable, Murphy will get thrown together with older guys with nothing to do like Benjamin, Ali, Rowan (?) or Dain and “new” teams will get a shot until one of them sticks.  I wouldn’t be surprised to see one or both of AOP and Fashion Popo come back as surprise returns from injury either. 

I would have kept Killain Dain and Alexander Wolfe together as a team with a slight gimmick tweak. If Killain is staying on SD, Nikki Cross makes the women's division even more stacked.

• Like 1

That women's tag team segment was nonsense WWE overbooking at its finest. An overly scripted promo where everything sounds fake. No one is believably saying their lines with any conviction. A bunch of random people just start coming out for no reason. 

Why was Becky Lynch even out there? The end goal was to announce Asuka and Kairi Sane as a team to face the IIconics? I mean shouldn't Asuka be angry and furious that Becky Lynch, a woman she submitted a few months ago, is walking around with her title? A title she held up until a few weeks ago.  Regardless, that segment was just a clusterfuck of garbage until it actually got to the tag team match. 

Kofi's title run was fun while it lasted, but it's clear WWE still doesn't see him as a top guy. Case in point, you had Roman Reigns coming out at the end. Kofi has gone back to being a midcard comedy act. But I mean. Good for Kofi. He finally won the world title and he got probably the best match of the night at WrestleMania 35. But that is where his career peaks at this point. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

I mean shouldn't Asuka be angry and furious that Becky Lynch, a woman she submitted a few months ago, is walking around with her title?

"Dave.  They won't do ANYTHING with this. Mark my words. It'll never be mentioned again."  

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 2

43 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

"Dave.  They won't do ANYTHING with this. Mark my words. It'll never be mentioned again."  

I hate when Alvarez is right

Edited by Brian Fowler
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, sydneybrown said:

I love the irony that as soon as Sasha and Nia (the most careless on the roster) are out, Alexa is cleared.

Alexa has been cleared since January. She was just working house shows.

2 hours ago, Edwin said:

I'm all for Alexander Wolfe moving back down to NXT also if they intend on continuing to build the EU with him joining them as he was a member of Ringkampf. However, I could see them sending him to NXT UK as I think he would fit in well there and they need desperately need whatever star power they can get there.

EU are a part of both NXT brands. If Wolfe were going join them he would presumably be working both as well.

Trying to kayfabe up the Shakeup to make it make sense:

First off, you had free agency hit with the free agent signings agreeing to terms.

Smackdown makes its FA signings: Lars Sullivan, Heavy Machinery, and Kevin Owens.

Raw makes its FA signings: Ricochet, Aleister Black, EC3, Lacey Evans, and Sami Zayn.

Due to all the recent promotions making it hard to have a full draft, there was a modified NXT/205 Live draft, where both brands got to draft one person or team from the NXT and 205 Live roster.

SD drafted Kairi Sane and Buddy Murphy.

Raw drafted The Viking Experience and Cedric Alexander.

The TRADES (made as fairest trade possible is the kayfabe trade):

Big one: Smackdown trades AJ Styles to Raw for Roman Reigns.

After Shane McMahon's hatred of him, he wanted The Miz off SD ASAP, and took a slightly smaller trade than he could have gotten in the form of Mickie James and Elias when Stephanie lowballed him.

Raw traded IC Champion Finn Balor, but it cost Smackdown big- Rey Mysterio, Andrade, and Zelina Vega were the big cost for this move.

Smackdown screwed over Raw in turn when they asked for The Usos, as Smackdown demanded a huge cost- Bayley, Liv Morgan, and Chad Gable- in the process splitting up three of Raw's tag teams.

And in two smaller moves, Smackdown traded Naomi for Ember Moon, then Raw traded Apollo Crews for Eric Young.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, SorceressKnight said:

After Shane McMahon's hatred of him, he wanted The Miz off SD ASAP, and took a slightly smaller trade than he could have gotten in the form of Mickie James and Elias when Stephanie lowballed him.

but RAW and Smackdown are run by Triple H, Vince, Stephanie and Shane as a group. Nobody controls one brand anymore.

On 4/15/2019 at 11:28 PM, D.Z said:

Viking express. 

Dammit, D. Z., I thought of this today and was waiting to post it.

WWE still has a week to get them coordinated  acid green and black lycra Viking bodywear, tweak their names to Exciting Erik and Irresistible Ivar, give them a wimpy manager with a rich (via her fjords full of longships) mama's boy manager (Jofur?) who carries a monogrammed battleaxe to the ring, and get Gorgio Moroder to write a synth'n'war-drums entrance theme.

book it,

RAF

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Casey said:

but RAW and Smackdown are run by Triple H, Vince, Stephanie and Shane as a group. Nobody controls one brand anymore.

In defense, though, if that was the case entirely, then there shouldn't "be" a Superstar Shakeup in the first place, since Raw and Smackdown are run by the same group, so they could presumably say, for example, "hey, Ember Moon's not doing anything on Raw. I think she'd be good on Smackdown- can we have her?" "Done, we'll send her over Tuesday."

The fact that Stephanie and Shane were the only ones to show up on Raw to start the Shakeup made it pretty clear- ostensibly, Stephanie still is in charge of Raw, Shane still is in charge of Smackdown. The biggest difference from the four of them running it as a group is that there's no ONE transfer window for the NXT roster anymore, and NXT talent has the chance to be transferred from NXT to the main roster at any time throughout the year (as opposed to the traditional kayfabe-ized "After Wrestlemania, there's a two week transfer window for NXT superstars to negotiate with Raw or Smackdown. For the rest of the year, NXT superstars could potentially be called up, but NXT has the right to protect certain stars a la an expansion draft and Raw/Smackdown has to pick from the superstars left unprotected.")