DVDVR Message Board

WWE Superstar Shake-up 2019.

The Natural

Just now, Overly Critical Man said:

That is an awesome name.

Spike really dropped the ball. All those years ago they could have named Hulk Hogan "American Terry."

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, caley said:

That said, the name is dumb, we all agree.  But it’s not going to hurt them any.  It reminds me of When Strowman debuted and you guys spent interminable week’s mocking the name.  And did it hurt him? Once he started doing cool things, everyone forgot about how much they mocked the name and went right along with it.  

He’s still Barack Sandwiches to me, damnit.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Swiss Tony is a great name

Coming up with a WWE-approved name is very much like making love to a beautiful woman. You have to set the right mood, try not to overthink things, maybe have a couple of drinks, and then, someone is going to get screwed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

12 minutes ago, Gorman said:

Ludvig Borga could have been Finnish Tony.

I think Authors of Pain came from the James Bond movie Spectre. Christoph Waltz's villain told Bond, "I'm the author of all your pain."

I remember nearly nothing from that movie. 

Oh and also - they did a WWE Live thingy on Youtube a little bit ago and one random thing that was mentioned in passing was that whichever member of AOP was injured (I sure as heck don't remember) they are ready to return apparently

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Oh and also - they did a WWE Live thingy on Youtube a little bit ago and one random thing that was mentioned in passing was that whichever member of AOP was injured (I sure as heck don't remember) they are ready to return apparently

It's Akam.  Rezar has been in some singles matches on Main Event

16 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I hope they are moved to SDL.

2 hours ago, caley said:

That said, the name is dumb, we all agree.  But it’s not going to hurt them any.  It reminds me of When Strowman debuted and you guys spent interminable week’s mocking the name.  And did it hurt him? Once he started doing cool things, everyone forgot about how much they mocked the name and went right along with it.  

Bronze Babyshoes

I legit just tried to write "Braun Strowman" and this is what my phone autocorrects to, every time.  I have to take extra effort now to write the name out and tell autocorrect to NOT change it.

Most of the time, I don't even bother.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

First of all, @Cristobal easily won DVDR board 2019 with this thread alone.

Second of all I remember a discussion about the Viking wedding a few months back. The sensitivity of the topic for some board members was brought up.

Now I'm totally afraid WWE is going to turn this into something very insensitive... I'm 100% terrified they'll talk shit aka "raising against oppression" or "getting rid of their slave names" or something equally horrible. 

8 minutes ago, ReiseReise said:

First of all, @Cristobal easily won DVDR board 2019 with this thread alone.

Second of all I remember a discussion about the Viking wedding a few months back. The sensitivity of the topic for some board members was brought up.

Now I'm totally afraid WWE is going to turn this into something very insensitive... I'm 100% terrified they'll talk shit aka "raising against oppression" or "getting rid of their slave names" or something equally horrible. 

I doubt it turns into something like what you're describing, but it reminds me of a shitpost I saw on Reddit where someone suggested that Dijakovic should have a white nationalist gimmick.

Like, the fuck is wrong with people?