DVDVR Message Board

WWE Superstar Shake-up 2019.

The Natural

3 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I am not sure why he would have wanted to since Joe is his real name and he is very proud of his Samoan ancestry

Plus I am not sure how many would agree with you on it being a "shitty" name

You ever have the name “Samoa Joe” come up in non-wrestling fan company? It always gets a hearty chuckle from outside the wrestling bubble.  

• Like 1

Sorry if that has been mentioned but what is so weird is that not since OVW have they so radically changed names like this. I mean, we all roll our eyes at guys losing first names or nicknames or stuff like that but to completely change the team name and ring names of a pretty established act is something out of the pre-NXT days and is kind of concerning. 

I mean, this isn't far off from Adam Cole coming out as like Bobby BayBay. 

22 minutes ago, Swiftian said:

On the subject of names, Dolph Ziggler is likely the best example of a successful career (whatever anyone here thinks) despite being saddled with a shitty WWE name. Is Samoa Joe the best example of a successful career despite saddling himself with a shitty name? (Dunno if he gave himself the name but he likely could've changed it at any point early on)

Go ahead and tell Joe it's a shitty name and see what happens.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Hagan said:

Sorry if that has been mentioned but what is so weird is that not since OVW have they so radically changed names like this. I mean, we all roll our eyes at guys losing first names or nicknames or stuff like that but to completely change the team name and ring names of a pretty established act is something out of the pre-NXT days and is kind of concerning. 

I mean, this isn't far off from Adam Cole coming out as like Bobby BayBay. 

You shut your fucking mouth, edit your post, and delete it before anyone could possibly get this idea.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

Also,  Velveteen Dream ain't keeping his name if this is the new thinking. 

Vince: "No one know what Velveteen is. Is he a rabbit? Is he a piece of cheese? And Dream, that's disrespectful to Dr. King and Dusty. His name is Purple Pete, pal." 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I will still contend Triple H is the dumbest top guy name ever.

You have to periodically say what acronyms stand for or they lose all meaning.

Unless you've been watching for 20+ years (and a big chunk of the audience legitimately isn't even that old) and are a dork that pays way too much attention to this stuff like us, HHH is as enigmatic as EC3

Vince and his branding, I swear...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ultimo Necro said:

100% this, if Vince had any MCU knowledge we would have had Drax vs. Triple H at mania.

Vince probably thinks the MCU is a mid-90s rapper

I'm thinking more like a branch of UPS.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, caley said:

You ever have the name “Samoa Joe” come up in non-wrestling fan company? It always gets a hearty chuckle from outside the wrestling bubble.  

When would Samoa Joe possibly come up outside of discussion with other wrestling fans?

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 1

TVE sounds like a cancer causing chemical found in something you wouldn't think of, like, straws or something. They took care of BPA, sure, but no one thought about TVE.

Don't even get me started on the AoP that's present in paper plates.

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

When woukd Samoa Joe possibly come up outside of discussion with other wrestling fans?

My wife is not a wrestling fan. We had a long talk about what wrestling is and why I like and when she watches it she reacts to every move like it's the elevator scene from The Departed. Anyway, she knows Samoa Joe is one of my favorite wrestlers. She never once laughed about or thought it sounded dumb. I think she has maybe seen who Samoa Joe is once.

This morning I asked her what she thought about the Viking Experience and no lie, she thought I was talking about a cruise somewhere. I told her it was a new name for wrestlers whose former name was the War Raiders. She said Viking Experience sounds dumb and War Raiders sounds more metal. 

I can't argue with her logic.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, clintthecrippler said:

The Viking Experience sounds like an off-menu scenario that you have to specifically ask for at "The Dungeon" because one time a guy died while trying it.

I am looking forward though to the inevitable AJ Styles vs Seth Rollins one-on-one match. 

If you survive the Viking Experience then you get it for free and you get a picture on the wall.

• Haha 7

To piggy back a little bit off of Craig

My wife thought The Viking Experience was amazingly stupid - but more for there was a specific phrased Graves used when describing them that she was like "Really???" (I am blanking on what Graves said mainly because I am becoming really good at ignoring all of them)

But she also thought War Raiders was really stupid too when she saw them for the first time when I was watching Takeover last week

4 minutes ago, Pete said:

The Viking Experience sounds like a Thunder From Down Under offshoot dance troupe that never quite got off the ground.

I think I rode the Viking Experience last time I was in Epcot about 10 years ago.  Is it still there?

4 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

To piggy back a little bit off of Craig

My wife thought The Viking Experience was amazingly stupid - but more for there was a specific phrased Graves used when describing them that she was like "Really???" (I am blanking on what Graves said mainly because I am becoming really good at ignoring all of them)

But she also thought War Raiders was really stupid too when she saw them for the first time when I was watching Takeover last week

Graves said something along the lines of, "these guys are really vikings! They make their own weapons and eat raw meat!"

I sat there after hearing what was obviously fed to him and thought it was the dumbest thing I ever heard.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, nofuture said:

I think I rode the Viking Experience last time I was in Epcot about 10 years ago.  Is it still there?

No, it's the Frozen Experience now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

With any luck, Vince will find out about the Norwegian cruise line that surely already has this trademarked, panic, and come up with another new team name next week.

Which will also be already trademarked...

and so on until they catch Ed Leslie (or at least Sean Waltman)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Graves said something along the lines of, "these guys are really vikings! They make their own weapons and eat raw meat!"

I sat there after hearing what was obviously fed to him and thought it was the dumbest thing I ever heard.

I can make my own bow and fletch my own arrows and eat raw fish.  Does that make me a Samurai?