DVDVR Message Board

WWE Superstar Shake-up 2019.

The Natural

What's the point in trademarking Erik and Ivar though? No trademark for a common name like Erik is going to go through. No to mention, Hanson and Rowe are never going to want to call themselves Erik and Ivar if they leave.

It has to be because of the name "war" and Vince being a fucking idiot and thinking that name is too violent. Meanwhile, not even two motherfucking weeks ago, HHH is ripping out a nose ring with needle nose pliers. The name of the show was "Raw is War" for the longest time. But yeah, now we can't use the name War because reasons.

It's either that, or Vince just watched How to Train Your Dragon with his grandkids.

• Haha 1

I figured it was about the name word "war" as well.  Which is ridiculous.  There's no consistency.  As you said Hunter will violently attempt to disfigure Batista or Becky will call someone a "bitch" or Batista will drag a 72-year old man but then can't use the name "war" and if someone other than a top guy gets a bloody nose run in there with tape and gauze 

Well they changed RAW IS WAR to just RAW after 9/11, so it's not just "reasons". Not wanting "War" in the name is fine, that's whatever. But the Viking Experience and changing their names as well just reeks of being creatively bankrupt, and is pretty fucking hilarious - continuity wise - since NXT is definitely within WWE canon. And that's supposedly one of the things that Vince was ripping into Road Dogg about on the regular regarding his Smackdown scripts.

1 minute ago, TheVileOne said:

Then the only excuse I can come up with is it's Vince McMahon. And he didn't want War in the name.

That’s probably it, really.  Whenever the next war comes up, they don’t want people getting all proactively offended (“The war in (somewhere) JUST started and Vince trots out the War Raiders?! I am OUTRAGED!) so they figured they’d just change it before they got too known.  It’s dumb (Especially since Reigns still miraculously uses the ‘Drive-by’) and you can tell it was a spur of the moment thing since their finisher is still named (rather nonsensically) ‘Fallout’, but I understand WHY they changed the name, it just seemed like there were about a zillion better Viking related options: The Conquerors, Pillage And Plunder, Doom Raiders, Warm Raiders, By Odin’s Beard!, Forged in Flame, Techno Vikings, American Vikings, Minnesota Vikings, Oakland Raiders...

Mark my words...

Within the next three months there will be a dumb as fuck eating contest between the Viking Ex...Nope, can't type it out...between the War Raiders and Heavy Machinery and they will feud because of it. It will be Hanson or Rowe trying to one up gross shit that Otis eats.

And then they will just be job guys until their contracts run out.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, caley said:

That’s probably it, really.  Whenever the next war comes up, they don’t want people getting all proactively offended (“The war in (somewhere) JUST started and Vince trots out the War Raiders?! I am OUTRAGED!) so they figured they’d just change it before they got too known.  It’s dumb (Especially since Reigns still miraculously uses the ‘Drive-by’) and you can tell it was a spur of the moment thing since their finisher is still named (rather nonsensically) ‘Fallout’, but I understand WHY they changed the name, it just seemed like there were about a zillion better Viking related options: The Conquerors, Pillage And Plunder, Doom Raiders, Warm Raiders, By Odin’s Beard!, Forged in Flame, Techno Vikings, American Vikings, Minnesota Vikings, Oakland Raiders...

Even still, you have Baron Corbin whose whole gimmick is that he's a post-apocalyptic barkeep in some fancy, walled off part of the hellscape and Baron Corbin's finish is still called the END OF DAYS.

None of this shit makes sense.

Call them the Viking Machine, Battle Raiders, or something other than the Viking Experience.

• Haha 3

22 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

Then the only excuse I can come up with is it's Vince McMahon. And he didn't want War in the name.

MEDICAL FACILITY [experience]

(even that would be better)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, caley said:

That’s probably it, really.  Whenever the next war comes up, they don’t want people getting all proactively offended (“The war in (somewhere) JUST started and Vince trots out the War Raiders?! I am OUTRAGED!) so they figured they’d just change it before they got too known. 

This is a fair point. I’m genuinely surprised you guys didn’t invade Venezuela like three weeks ago. 

2 hours ago, Doc Townsend said:

I don't pay attention to the "boo boo face" stuff (& I haven't read any of the Sasha thread), but Bayley didn't look particularly happy to be on the winning side in her match.

For the time being, at least, I'm willing to believe this is [at least partly] angle and/or selling a character shift.  No inflatable buddies, no Sting ring jacket.  Combination of "I Miss My Friend" and "a newfound determination" since she was scowling through the whole match.

But who knows, maybe that's the "my contract isn't up until when?" face.

Was surprised THE GLOW HUG EXPERIENCE (tee hee hee) won because "missing your BFF partner" is a plot thread that lends itself to losing streaks and my fool ass thought they might have a champion win a televised match every once in a while [LOL] because it's been long enough since I watched regularly I forgot how regularly they go to the well of midcard champions dropping clean falls in non-title matches.

The Viking Experience is the absolute best thing to come from this show and this thread shows it. Classic. Since Rowan is just Rowan now, I guess Rowe gets to be Erik. So bizarre as they rarely change someone after they go through NXT, especially since they're the champs. Solid match though. Commentary kept pointing out that Black & Ricochet could still be moved tomorrow which seems odd, hope not as I like them best together and think they fit better here. My other favorite highlight of the night was Lacey's double jump moonsault, brutal landing but looked awesome. Probably for the best that she got a new finish while the Woman's Right is a signature/setup, hope she continues to improve.

Balor was sporting a blue & white color scheme, made me feel he was losing on his way out of the territory. Also felt that way about Ruby. While EC3 felt more like a write off to be future endeavored tomorrow, ugh. the IIconics losing clean already sucked, but it happening in 2 minutes was the worst. I will miss AJ on SDL but figure he could probably use the change. Surprised Rey got moved along with Andrade. Had enjoyed not seeing Cedric Alexander ever so not looking forward to that move. Wondering if Undisputed Era ends up on SDL now.

Edited by DreamBroken
  • Like 1

Before I even finish this thread, here is my exact word for word reaction to the Viking Experience

"Fucking what? Oh fuck it I'm just calling them War Machine again."

The way they keep having their name degraded, I can't imaging what it'll be next year why they they move to SDL. Maybe "Cosplay Jobbers"

Edited by Brian Fowler
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Before I even finish this thread, here is my exact word for word reaction to the Viking Experience

"Fucking what? Oh fuck it I'm just calling them Wat Machine again."

The way they keep having their name degraded, I can't imaging what it'll be next year why they they move to SDL. Maybe "Cosplay Jobbers"

I read Wat Machine and imagine them coming out to:

;).

25 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Aleister Black, Ricochet, EC3 and Lars Sullivan are on RAW as listed on wwe.com.

Full list:

https://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/article/superstar-shake-up-raw-recap-list

Ah,  okay so that leaves Heavy Machinery and Nikki Cross to Smackdown.   Ciampa/Gargano probably staying in NXT now.  I have a feeling who Paige is going to bring in.  

My guess for Smackdown is that Roman Reigns is the big mover. I could see Braun Stroman as well but Reigns if the plan is for Rollins to hold the title for a while. 

Others to Smackdown I would say Lucha House Party, The Revival,  Apollo Crews,  Bobby Lashley & Lio Rush.  Also,  they gain Kevin Owens if you count that as a gain.  

For women Ember Moon to SDL sounds dope and maybe a certain someone who didn't appear this evening. 

• Like 1