DVDVR Message Board

WWE Superstar Shake-up 2019.

The Natural

I think we should just prepare for all the future NXT rebrands now so it doesn't throw us off in the future.

Adam Cole - Adam

Bobby Fish - Fisherman Bob

Roderick Strong - Bucky Stronghands

Kyle O'Reilly - Adult Hornswoggle 

The Sky Pirates - Pittsburgh Pirates (baseball gimmick with Funaki as their coach)

Tomasio Champia - Smashy Smashy Eggman

Walter - Heidenreich Jr

Bianca Belair - Long Hair, Don't Care

Matt Riddle - The Riddler (tm)

Punishment Martinez - The long lost Basham Brother

Shayna Bazler - do fake Diesel but as Ronda

Velveteen Dream - Thin Grimace 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, OctopusCinema said:

I think we should just prepare for all the future NXT rebrands now so it doesn't throw us off in the future.

Adam Cole - Adam

Bobby Fish - Fisherman Bob

Roderick Strong - Bucky Stronghands

Kyle O'Reilly - Adult Hornswoggle 

The Sky Pirates - Pittsburgh Pirates (baseball gimmick with Funaki as their coach)

Tomasio Champia - Smashy Smashy Eggman

Walter - Heidenreich Jr

Bianca Belair - Long Hair, Don't Care

Matt Riddle - The Riddler (tm)

Punishment Martinez - The long lost Basham Brother

Shayna Bazler - do fake Diesel but as Ronda

Velveteen Dream - Thin Grimace 

Brilliant. 

39043606_278781252849463_461135876768923

Edited by D.Z
  • Haha 1

I'm legit shocked you have people like Mick Foley, Lance Storm, Meltzer, etc. all saying that the name change doesn't matter. The fact that it's fucking trending on Twitter says it matters.

I can't recall the last thing WWE did that was this universally hated. I almost feel like a kid again when I saw that WWE signed 2 Cold Scorpio and he came out as...Flash Funk. Every week watching Raw or Superstars or whatever I'd hope he'd go back to being 2 Cold. ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Craig H said:

I'm legit shocked you have people like Mick Foley, Lance Storm, Meltzer, etc. all saying that the name change doesn't matter. The fact that it's fucking trending on Twitter says it matters.

It’s fair to suggest this could blow over and people learn to grudgingly accept it.

For now though, I’m not done gleefully enjoying how stupid this all is. 

Edited by West Newbury Bad Boy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

It’s fair to suggest this could blow over and people learn to grudgingly accept it.

For now though, I’m not done gleefully enjoying how stupid this all is. 

I'm laughing my ass off at the amount of people who have added "The" and "Experience" to their Twitter names.

It's like when Facebook lets you change your profile pic to a country's flag when something bad has happened.

Unions.. independent contractor/employee labels.. travel expenses.. grueling schedules were never enough to lead to a WWE Talent Strike. Seeing two members of their locker room named The Viking Experience may finally change all that. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

Just now, Niners Fan in CT said:

I think Vince would take one look at "WALTER" and say  "this guy gets it."    But it'd be.. Walter. 

Vince would look at Walter and wonder who hired Kozlov back and why is Kozlov fat.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I can't recall the last thing WWE did that was this universally hated. I almost feel like a kid again when I saw that WWE signed 2 Cold Scorpio and he came out as...Flash Funk. Every week watching Raw or Superstars or whatever I'd hope he'd go back to being 2 Cold. ?

Faarooq Asad, modern day gladiator

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Viking Experience is stupid as hell, but I think I get it. They were called War Raiders outside of WWE, and Vince probably wants to rebrand them with WWE names. 

I mean, it's possible WWE probably doesn't own War Raiders right? So they probably gave them a name they can own and trademark. 

Just now, TheVileOne said:

Viking Experience is stupid as hell, but I think I get it. They were called War Raiders outside of WWE, and Vince probably wants to rebrand them with WWE names. 

I mean, it's possible WWE probably doesn't own War Raiders right? So they probably gave them a name they can own and trademark. 

No, they were called War Machine outside of WWE. They became War Raiders in NXT

• Like 2

SLKjdfhns;kldjfvhnbasdf

It like keeps hitting me what their names are. FUCKING...

IVAR AND ERIK?!

You couldn't let them stay Hanson and Rowe at the very least? No one thinks these motherfuckers are real vikings that fell through a wormhole.

We are a motherfucking stones throw away from having a garbage man gimmick again. Shit, ROWAN is right fucking there with the recycling symbol in his name. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Bray is just a garbage man and these were puppets he found in the trash.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Faarooq Asad, modern day gladiator

Oh shit, thanks brother. That's the other one that I hated as a kid. I LOVED Ron Simmons in WCW. I loved Doom. I marked the fuck out when Ron Simmons beat Vader for the World title. And then he comes in as...Faarooq Asad.

• Like 1

I can almost understand not wanting to call them Hanson and Rowe anymore. To pick two new individual names that you could at least trademark. I don't even really have an issue with them being ERIK and IVAR. But there was literally no logical need to change their Tag Name. It even had a decent chant-along hand gesture for the crowd to use. Just absolute silliness.