DVDVR Message Board

WWE Superstar Shake-up 2019.

The Natural

I don't pay attention to the "boo boo face" stuff (& I haven't read any of the Sasha thread), but Bayley didn't look particularly happy to be on the winning side in her match.

Felt like the shakeup was less significant than usual.  AJ's been treading water for awhile.  The Uso's changing brands doesn't feel like a big deal.  Most of the other swaps were minor.  Sad that Almas will probably become EC3's tag team partner - not that he was getting much of a push on SDL.

• Like 2

What is the point of NXT if they aren't going to a) follow up on the characters that are being built/developed there or B) even keep the same names?

It's literally just Vince saying "Yeah, whatever pal." because NXT keeps the network subs up isn't it?

Wouldn't more people subscribe to the Network if they brought out the 'graduates' and built them up properly as a continuation of their NXT story/gimmick? War Raiders come out as the NXT Champs talking about how they beat Black/Ricochet so they should be on the main roster too? Or is that too simple?

I hate that I still follow this...

• Like 7

Just now, Nice Guy Eddie said:

If I were Kushida, I'd be worried about when the time comes for being called up, only to be re-packaged as the Samurai Experience.

Said it before and I'll say it again: If im on the indy scene I would only sign for NXT. Nothing in my contract about going to Raw/SDL until they want to renegotiate. WALTER made the absolute right play here.

If I'm Kushida I use NXT to raise my profile in the US the head right back to Japan or AEW with an extra zero on the end of my contract.

• Like 3

The War Raiders name change was just weird and unnecessary. I hope someone convinces Vince to change them back by next week.

I like Naomi getting moved. Hopefully they actually do something with her on Raw. The Sasha mention make me think she might be moving to SDL away from Bayley.

Lacey looked good outside of hill killing Nattie's ribs. I do like that she is just using the Women's Right as setup now. If she can hit that moonsault w/o crushing opponents ribs it will be a good finisher for her.

Finn/Almas was good and hopefully a sign of more good things to come to Andrade.

I liked the moves from SDL. Usos and AJ were growing kind of stale there. Almas was kind of wasted there the last year aside from the short Mysterio feud. 

28 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Oh my god that Sami Zayn segment was the best..  tears of laughter.  He went all in with the dance about 3 times and the crowd was molten hot. 

My only beef is that he didn't pronounce it KWEE-BECK.

• Like 1

Also,  The War Raiders were still the champions.  I was at NXT New York.  Great match.  Little did I know I was watching a future RAW match one half of the combination being The. Viking. Experience. 

In short..  NXT sets the table with all the pieces nice and neatly and Vince 

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Really happy someone talked Vince out of changing the Iconics to the Girlfriend Experience. 

If Vince had his way, the IIconics would be called Hot Lesbian Action and Mandy & Sonya would be the Muff Divers or vice versa.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

War Raiders name change, ugh. Shame to see Andrade and Rey Mysterio move. It was time for AJ Styles and the Usos. Has the Miz moved the most since the 2016 brand split? Started on Smackdown Live, RAW, back to Smackdown Live at the request of Daniel Bryan and now on RAW again. Glad Smackdown Live still has Bryan, Cesaro and Joe.