DVDVR Message Board

WWE Superstar Shake-up 2019.

The Natural

7 minutes ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

If the rumors are true, FOX wants several major WWE stars on the SDL roster for October. Brock and Ronda were on the list for their UFC connections, but neither will be around much for at least several months. The biggest full-time stars are Roman, Becky, Charlotte and perhaps AJ/Bryan. Something to consider.

I understand this thinking but also what prevents the WWE from holding another Shake up end of September to get those people moved over?

• Like 1

What was more painful:  seeing the War Raiders now being called the Viking Experience or Lacey Evans planting two knees right in the stomach of Natalya.   

Never thought I would say this but Sami Zayn is a better heel than Kevin Owens

Edited by hammerva
  • Like 1

Pretty good show overall.  SDL got fucking raided and pillaged all over again.  Lost The Miz,  AJ Styles, The Usos,  Naomi and RAW also got Black/Ricochet and The War Raiders with their awesome new names. 

Lacey's promo was good.   Damn near killed Nattie with her moonsault however. 

Oh my god that Sami Zayn segment was the best..  tears of laughter.  He went all in with the dance about 3 times and the crowd was molten hot. 

One thing I didn't understand:  Alexa Bliss seemed to be a face?  ..I hope she didn't turn.  

I expected to see Charlotte moved over to RAW when Andrade was announced but that didn't happen.  They didn't do too much with the women's divisions.

5 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Pretty good show overall.  SDL got fucking raided and pillaged all over again.  Lost The Miz,  AJ Styles, The Usos,  Naomi and RAW also got Black/Ricochet and The War Raiders with their awesome new names.

I don't think Smackdown got raided at all.  AJ is pretty stale there and the Usos need to get away from the New Day and the Bar.

Eric Young randomly getting sent to Raw without SANITY may be the highlight of the whole Shake Up so far.

• Like 3

Yeah,  looking at the list of talent it seems Naomi and Zelina Vega were the only women moved over to RAW.   Also,   The IIconics got squashed.  I mean,  what the hell?  I'm not a big fan of their act but WWE can't protect champions for shit..  

They could have had Billie and Peyton pull a HBK or something and take a countout loss,  they are chickenshit heels..  

• Like 1

The Viking Experience? Could they have come up with a more lazy, uncreative name? At least, Ray Rowe gets to be on the road with Sarah Logan now.

When doing a search for Viking Experience, I stumbled upon this:

That Lacey match was ugly as fuck. How very WWE that Lacey goes from being a real lady with her Marine background to just about saying she got into her spot by being a slut.

I was hoping KO was going to attack Sami to re-start their feud. It would be interesting, as KO has never been the face during their feud.

AJ and the Usos moving to Raw felt like foregone conclusions. It's nice for whichever Uso is married to Naomi that they get to stay together. 

3 minutes ago, nofuture said:

I don't think Smackdown got raided at all.  AJ is pretty stale there and the Usos need to get away from the New Day and the Bar.

Eric Young randomly getting sent to Raw without SANITY may be the highlight of the whole Shake Up so far.

I didn't add Almas and Rey to the list.  That's a lot of talent to give up that I'm not sure they will be getting back.   Anyway,  I think Eric Young is probably making the move to be a good hand on live events and make a random appearance on Main Event or whatever.   I doubt he's getting a significant run out this breakup.  

I love that the War Raider gimmick is now just Viking enthusiasts.

"This is The Viking Experience, Cole. When these guys aren't wrestling they pretend to be old timey people in the woods behind their neighbor's house! I'm so excited for these very normal guys who have a very specific cosplay hobby."

• Like 1
  • Haha 2